Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Thank You For Season Thread!!

Leonard Washington

I wanted to post this before the outcome of the game today b/c win or lose, I'm going to be emotional. Based on last year's performance, I thought we had another 6-10 year in us with Brunell at the helm. Not only did we reverse that to 10-6, we earned a playoff berth! :applause: But what's most impressive is the play on the field. We have really developed into a physical tough team. I can't recall a game last year or this where a team beat us up. Yea the Giants beat us badly this year, but that seemed more like a sequence of unfortunate events than an asskicking (see 2nd cowboys game for an example of an asskicking).

Yea I had beef with Bugel, but he has whipped the oline to a dominant force right when it counts---late in the season into the playoffs. I still have beef with the playcalling, but it's been working so I can't complain. Yea Brunell isn't making all the throws I want him to, but he is so clutch and experienced I can't say I don't trust him. The offense, though it's not exotic, doesn't seem to struggle with itself like Redskin teams under Spurrier or first half of last season.

Finally, I hope we go into Tampa and show them we deserved to win the last time. GO SKINS! :logo:

Here here. Even when they were 5-6, the team never showed quit, and it paid off with them ripping off 5 straight W's. Win or lose, this has easily been the best season since the last Superbowl.

All Redskin fans should be proud! Going from 6-10 to 10-6 and into the playoffs in one year is a huge acomplishment. Lets all support our Skins today in what ever way we can. :logo:

Maybe today we can go without a "So and So sucks and should be cut" thread after our first bad play?

Here is to a great game that has the Skins on top in the end :cheers:

Hail.

Great thread!!

As gametime approaches, it's human nature to become less satisfied with just a playoff appearance and get greedy! Now, that is not a bad thing at all. We're in the NFC playoffs where all but one team has its flaws (and even that one team - Seattle -isn't perfect, it's just probably the most well-rounded), so we might as well make a run if possible.

However, no matter how disappointed we might get today if we lose, it's important to keep in mind how big a step we've taken in just one year. The big picture looks good...let's keep that in mind!

Go Skins...let's keep the dream alive as long as possible.

9 in a row to win the show!!

I wanted to post this before the outcome of the game today b/c win or lose, I'm going to be emotional. Based on last year's performance, I thought we had another 6-10 year in us with Brunell at the helm. Not only did we reverse that to 10-6, we earned a playoff berth! :applause: But what's most impressive is the play on the field. We have really developed into a physical tough team. I can't recall a game last year or this where a team beat us up. Yea the Giants beat us badly this year, but that seemed more like a sequence of unfortunate events than an asskicking (see 2nd cowboys game for an example of an asskicking).

Yea I had beef with Bugel, but he has whipped the oline to a dominant force right when it counts---late in the season into the playoffs. I still have beef with the playcalling, but it's been working so I can't complain. Yea Brunell isn't making all the throws I want him to, but he is so clutch and experienced I can't say I don't trust him. The offense, though it's not exotic, doesn't seem to struggle with itself like Redskin teams under Spurrier or first half of last season.

Finally, I hope we go into Tampa and show them we deserved to win the last time. GO SKINS! :logo:

I'm with you. I thought we'd have a winning season, MAYBE the playoffs. It's especially gratifying to see us doing this well after all the **** Coach Gibbs took last year.

IF we lose, I won't be happy about it. But I will be happy about this season overall.

And even better, Gibbs has his core winning team put together, and they'll be even better next year with a couple of upgrades.

Thanks Coach Joe :notworthy

Here here. Even when they were 5-6, the team never showed quit, and it paid off with them ripping off 5 straight W's. Win or lose, this has easily been the best season since the last Superbowl.

exactly...the mark of a good team or championship team is to get on winning streaks. look at the pats of 2003, after we beat them, they never lost again till the middle of 2004! they weren't thinking about, "odds are we can't keep this up", they were thinking, "we are going to go hard for 60minutes and take this game from them". that's the mentality the redskins seem to have now; they don't focus on the if/then scenarios, they focus on doing everything it takes to win.

I want to post with 100% agreement. I love this team, win or lose today. The 2005 version of the Washington Redskins is right behind the '91 team in my list of favorites.

GrimReefa I'm with you all the way. This Season is been outstanding with an awesome comeback. It's all Gravy Now.

By the Way Grim, Your Boy Russ Grimm might just find himself a Head Coach this offseason. Just hope he stays in the AFC. :laugh:

couldn't agree more. Win or Lose today (and we ARE going to WIN!) i am SO proud of this team, and hope the entire media world apologizes to Gibbs. The man is a class act, and in the hall of fame for a reason. It was just absurd for people to say he "had lost it" or when people said the game today is so different and had passed him by. GO REDSKINS!!!

YES!!!!!! :point2sky :helmet:

I am as glad as any rabid Redskin fan , but , I said it once and I'll say it again ,"What the Hell was Brunell in this game after the half , he is going to find a way to throw away a game if it's the last thing he does" . Joe Gibbs is a genious of course , but , he should be starting Ramsey!!! The guy has been patient after being jerked out of the first game the first set of downs for crying out loud !! Where is the fairness in that Joe !!! You claim to be a fair man , prove it !!!!!! Derrick Frost is a bum !! And Walt Harris has to go , he SUCKS!!! All of the above mentioned players suck big time !!! Go Skins , Thank God for Marcus Washington, Corneilius Griffin,Carlos Rogers,Phillips Daniels . This was the worst performance by a winning playoff team in the history of the NFL. Does that tell you anything Joe Gibbs you stubborn , stubborn man !!!

Archived