Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kite Runner. . . great book!!

chomerics

I just finished the book, it was one of the best I've read in quite a while. It is set in Afghanistan pre-Soviet invasion with two Shi'a and Sunni friends. It trails the young Sunni through adulthood, and back to his past. It has everything: irony, redemption, courage, cowardice, love, honor etc. I would highly reccommend it to anyone who reads.

:cheers:

• 2 years later...

Just finished reading this book. I highly recommend it! Very well written, and really keeps you engaged. You might learn a thing or two about what Afghanistan was like pre 9/11, both the good and bad side of it. It is a fictional story, but you can tell the writer has firsthand (or at least firsthand accounts) of what it was like.

While I was reading it, I actually thought it would be pretty easy story to make into a movie. I hope I'm not disappointed.
I saw the movie and it is really good. Granted, I havent read the book, so I wouldnt see any glaring inaccuracies, but I did see it with a girl who has read the book and she said it was really well done.

Archived