Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Alexander Article (Very interesting)

Ruskiboy2002

You guys are so confident put your pride on the line We win you come to the Seahawks board and admit you were out played and out coached by a much better team?? Ive done this with many other teams this year and not 1 person has come back to post after a loss. You win HAHAHA sorry I will do the same. Any takers?
Well, I wouldn't do it. I have pride in the Seahawks, but there is no lock on who will win this weekend. And even if we win, it doesn't mean the Redskins will have been outplayed or outcoached. It's quite possible that if we win, that we might have been outplayed and outcoached, but got lucky when it counted. And the converse is also possible.

So I'd recommend that as long as you're a guest here, just stick to football conversations, unless you're on a thread specifically intended for visitor smacktalk.

Yes, when the Seahawk front office made the schedule and selected whom they would play this year...oh, wait...What?!?! The NFL set the schedule?? Oh! In that case, the Seahawks played the teams that were on their schedule, beat the teams they needed to beat, and compiled a 13-3 record along the way. Yes, yes indeed, they suck. Hmmmm...I guess it's playing the hand you're dealt?

The truth is, they have the best running back in the league (rushing title this year, 1 yard from the rushing title last year, and a nose for the endzone...discuss), the top rated quarterback in the NFL, the best OL in the NFL (anchored on the left by All Pro Steve Hutchinson and All WORLD Walter Jones), a solid receiving core including Darrell Jackson, Joe Jurivicious (yes, the same Joe Jurivicious that had more TD's than Santana Moss...didn't he play Woodstock?), Bobby Engram, and Jerramy Stevens, a defense that ranked 2nd against the rush, a defense that ranked first in sacks, a defense with what could of and (argueably) should have been the ROY winner in Lofa Tatupu, a solid secondary, home field advantage, and 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy.

But all of you are right...the RedSkirts should be favored, I don't know HOW the oddsmakers got this one wrong!! Give me a break! The RedSkirts are a good solid team and there are elements of their game in which they are very good at. I do respect the 'Skirts, but I think there are too many things going against them and the tank is below empty. See y'all Saturday...

Happy New Year!!

:cheers:

HawkMan

GO HAWKS!!

seattel.gif

Stack the line to stop the run, you’ll get beat by the NFC’s top rated passer. Drop back to defend the pass, you’ll get beat by the NFL’s leading rusher….you decide, Mr. Gibbs…either way, have a nice offseason!

Dude all of these stat's that you are quoting were gained by playing twice against three of the worst teams in the NFL. Not to mention you played four more games against teams that finished the season with less than 5 wins. How can you ignore that fact?

Finishing 1st in the league in sacks against the NFC West and Houston is a tremendous feat, running against these teams, throw in Green Bay's terrible defense, and you've also accomplished something that is just so amazing. Having the highest QB rating in the NFL is also just mind boggling against these same teams.

No, you don't pick the schedule the NFL does. Good on you for having such a weak ass division and schedule. That's why you've succeeded thus far. Unfortunately a team that's played the second hardest schedule in the league this season will once again embarrass your award winning lineman, league MVP, Pro Bowl starters and highest rated QB making our win even sweeter. HTTR! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I wouldn't do it. I have pride in the Seahawks, but there is no lock on who will win this weekend. And even if we win, it doesn't mean the Redskins will have been outplayed or outcoached. It's quite possible that if we win, that we might have been outplayed and outcoached, but got lucky when it counted. And the converse is also possible.

Thank you for at least admitting that. I can't understand why anyone could think you can outcoach gibbs and the staffs he puts together in anything he does. You however have a pretty impressive coaching staff as well i would assume by Holmgren's last staff at Green Bay and what all those men have done since then.

You are right, this game is a toss-up as all games really are in the NFL haha with a few obvious exceptions :laugh: . I KNOW everyone on either side can't wait for this game and it will be a great one. Congrats on a division record no matter what the schedule...obviously as pointed out you guys had nothing to do with that and i expected no less. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GAME!!!

But I will never, ever, tell anyone that we were outcoached. Holmgren outcoaching Gibbs? Give me a break!

Ask Mr. Gibbs if this looks familiar...it should, and it oddly resembles that his team will look like in the locker room after the loss on Saturday.

03_texas_mb_repair2.jpg

And this, by contrast, looks oddly like what Mike Holmgren will look like on Feb 5th.

CenturyHolmgren.jpg

Ask Mr. Gibbs if this looks familiar...it should, and it oddly resembles that his team will look like in the locker room after the loss on Saturday.

03_texas_mb_repair2.jpg

And this, by contrast, looks oddly like what Mike Holmgren will look like on Feb 5th.

CenturyHolmgren.jpg

ok that great showing tony stewart. must have forgot he won the title this year damn i am dumb

next that funny. holmgren had farve and still couldn;t beat gibbs. wonder why he hasn;t wopn a playoff game since he came to seattle. its funny in 2 seasons gibbs has one more playoof games than holmgren in seatle.how long has he been there now?

u really shouldn;t go to places that make u look dumber. p[osting a picture of the nascar champ and another teams suprbowl victory. lol yeah ur awsome. we are gonna lose now aren;t we

I, for one, thought that we did get lucky in that game.

But not 3 times.

OOOOOOOOO and monte delivers the knock out punch :applause: :laugh:

Hawkman...you truly are demonstrating you don't know what's goin on. Gibbs has three superbowl rings as well as a few nascar title's under his belt. He has more sports championships than the entire city of Seattle's sports COMBINED.

Hawkman we have rules on this board about the size of pictures you're permitted to post. Don't abuse our board the way your team abused the NFC West and 4 other 5 win or less teams this season. Now it's time to pick on someone your own size. Don't be suprised if Shaun cries his little eyes out after ST knocks his pee pee in the dirt.

Last words:

5.SEAHAWKS13-335151226.gif In the first meeting between Seattle and Washington, the Redskins converted on 72 percent of third downs. This was the best third-down conversion rate for Washington in any game this year, and they were above 50 percent in only two other games. This was also the worst third-down conversion rate for the Seattle defense, which didn't allow a third-down conversion rate above 50 percent in any other game this year until the Week 17 game where Seattle wasn't trying. And yet, despite all those third-down conversions, Washington and Seattle were still tied at the end of regulation, and Washington won primarily because it won the coin flip before overtime. Washington is a better team now, but the specifics of that game are not going to be repeated. NEXT: vs. WAS 6.REDSKINS11-64142828.gif Washington's other problem is that the injuries keep piling up. Mark Brunell, Clinton Portis, and Chris Samuels are banged up, we still don't know if Shawn Springs will play, and Renaldo Wynn is out with a broken arm. Seattle had a week off and hasn't been this healthy since the start of the season. NEXT: at SEA

...just twice :laugh:

You got some new math out there that the rest of the country hasn't heard of yet?

NFL.com wire reports

SEATTLE (Nov. 27, 2005) -- The more the Seahawks tried to hand the game to the Giants, the more Jay Feely kept kicking it back.

And short. And wide.

NFC-leading Seattle survived a wild finish and an even wilder overtime to steal a 24-21 victory over New York, which had three chances to win with Feely -- 23 of 25 on field goals up to that point -- on the field.

The result of each belied an impressive Giants effort: Feely was barely wide left on a 40-yarder on the final play of regulation, short on a 54-yard try in overtime, and wide right and way short on a second chance in the extra period from 45 yards.

So did the RedSkirts "get lucky" against the Seahawks? Oh no, wait, that would go against your beliefs and invalidate your post. What a friggin' hypocrite.

the pick that set up the field goal bounced off of portis twice as he stumbled and you came up with it somehow. Then your kicker missed a 50 yarder: you're acting like that's a gimmee.

And, i think that missing one 50 yard field goal is a whole lot different than missing THREE field goals, two of which were 40 and 45 respectively.

parody

also, did you really mean to say that there is a lot of mocking imitation in the NFL?

I think you were looking for PARITY there. It's alright, nice effort.

I think it's a fine comparison, and atleast ruskifan did too, so we'll have to disagree on that.

also:

4926848_7_2.jpg

You got some new math out there that the rest of the country hasn't heard of yet?

NFL.com wire reports

SEATTLE (Nov. 27, 2005) -- The more the Seahawks tried to hand the game to the Giants, the more Jay Feely kept kicking it back.

And short. And wide.

NFC-leading Seattle survived a wild finish and an even wilder overtime to steal a 24-21 victory over New York, which had three chances to win with Feely -- 23 of 25 on field goals up to that point -- on the field.

The result of each belied an impressive Giants effort: Feely was barely wide left on a 40-yarder on the final play of regulation, short on a 54-yard try in overtime, and wide right and way short on a second chance in the extra period from 45 yards.

My God, are you really that dumb? The quote was made in reference to the game we gave away AT YOUR HOUSE when Josh Brown missed two FG's to hand you the victory. By the way, you owe him a BIG hug and kiss, without those misses the 'Skirts are out of the Playoffs and this board is silent.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

NFL.com wire reports

And short. And wide.

All very true. Those things happen. In the end, we won that game in exactly the same way that the Redskins beat us in week four. We kept Feely just far enough away to not make kicks. If we had allowed the Giants to get any closer to the end zone, Feely would have probably made one of those kicks. You guys kept us far enough from the end zone to miss on two attempts. You did what you needed to do. You can call it luck, but that luck was a byproduct of doing what was necessary to keep the kicks long enough to be missed.

You're right, the Seahawks suck, NASCAR is awesome, and Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach ever to walk the earth...Bah Ha Ha Ha!!!

u tell me another man who won 3 superbowls, left and won 2 nascar chapionships and a couoke daytonna 500's and than came back and won more playoff games in 2 seasons than the seahawks have in 21 years

also don;t forget the little itty bitty bust he has in canton. they don;t just put anyone in there. this isn't major league baseball. say ur gonna win fine. say we suck fine, but how dare u talk about a living legend. look up his stats as a coach. u would love to have just one of his 17 playoff voctories. 3 shy of tom landry and 5th best playoff winning record. yeah he is the man and don;t forget it

My God, are you really that dumb? The quote was made in reference to the game we gave away AT YOUR HOUSE when Josh Brown missed two FG's to hand you the victory. By the way, you owe him a BIG hug and kiss, without those misses the 'Skirts are out of the Playoffs and this board is silent.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Nobody talks to Monte like that. Not on this board. Nobody.

also, we led that game from the second quarter on until you scored with 1 minute left, and then we went on to win the game. Plus, brown kicked 3 field goals of 47 or more yards that game and made one. Maybe if our defense was an NFC West defense you could have given him a better chance at making them, but do you honestly think that missing 50 yard field goals is giving us the game? You're the idiot. Quick, spell parity. Get out of here.

u tell me another man who won 3 superbowls, left and won 2 nascar chapionships and a couoke daytonna 500's and than came back and won more playoff games in 2 seasons than the seahawks have in 21 years

also don;t forget the little itty bitty bust he has in canton. they don;t just put anyone in there. this isn't major league baseball. say ur gonna win fine. say we suck fine, but how dare u talk about a living legend. look up his stats as a coach. u would love to have just one of his 17 playoff voctories. 3 shy of tom landry and 5th best playoff winning record. yeah he is the man and don;t forget it

AMEN, AMEN

All very true. Those things happen. In the end, we won that game in exactly the same way that the Redskins beat us in week four. We kept Feely just far enough away to not make kicks. If we had allowed the Giants to get any closer to the end zone, Feely would have probably made one of those kicks. You guys kept us far enough from the end zone to miss on two attempts. You did what you needed to do. You can call it luck, but that luck was a byproduct of doing what was necessary to keep the kicks long enough to be missed.

i dont know if feeley could have kicked an extra point at that point in the game. HAHAHAHA, he was terrible. He was like Costner in Tin Cup when he's "chili-dipping" all of his shots on the driving range. Hitch in his swing, "pronating when he should have been supernating," etc.

Archived