Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Alexander Article (Very interesting)

Ruskiboy2002

Very very good article. Really makes ya think about a player like that doesnt it? I can't wait to see how he does against our top ten defense...he was only averaging 3.36 yards per carry against us in the first game until he reeled off a 34 yarder late in the game...Can't wait to watch this match-up.

It'll be interesting to see if teams go after him in the offseason if we beat them on saturday.

Statistically I don't know how people aren't picking the skins to win. Strength of schedule for seattle was what, 30th or 32nd? Mediocre quarter back and Wr's, nothing our DB's can't handle or should be extremely worried about, and a Running back who truthfully, only does great against the worst defences...So much optimism for the skins, I guess the analysts will only see it when all our guys are hopefully wearing those pretty golden rings at the end of the season;)

the man gets no respect.over 3500 yards in 2 seasons.that is impressive.very impressive.it's not like seattle had a number one back in the league before he surfaced and he just got to fill in for him(ala charles white replacing eric dickerson).no back does it by himself.maybe he has lousy days against good defenses because his line isn't as good as everybody wants em to be and so can't control better defenses like they do lousy ones.i think if they are not sure about the guy by now they should trade him.all in all he seems like a decent person to me and his ability as a back is already proven by his numbers over the last 2 years.not knowing is seattles problem and that lack of defined vision is going to be thier downfall come saturday.but hey,they can blame alexander.or is it holmgrens fault?or is it because they ran into a buzzsaw named Redskin?i doubt we'll get any credit for it but i couldn't care less about that.give me zero respect and another ring.i'll take it!!

Great article on Soft Shaun. Thank God we have Clinton Portis. There's just something about Shaun that you can't put your finger on that makes him seem too nice or kind of a fake personality. He seems to be detached from his teammates and really has a "me first" attitude. I always said to myself...why does Mike Holmgram not like Shaun Alexander? He didn't give him that carry to win the rushing title last year and I was like..."damn, Mike Holmgram hates Shaun." Thats funny. But after that Alexander comes out with the "he stabbed me in the back" comment I guess I started to see why Holmgram likes sticking it to him every now and then. He's got an arrogant little preppy way about him, I bet he's like Carlton (sp?) from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air off the field...not an NFL lockerroom kind of guy.

After reading that article and all that being said...I'd take CP any day of the week, and twice on playoff Saturday over Alexander. He's a great talent, the league MVP, and everything else...but I'll still call him Soft Shaun from now on.

Statistically I don't know how people aren't picking the skins to win. Strength of schedule for seattle was what, 30th or 32nd? Mediocre quarter back and Wr's, nothing our DB's can't handle or should be extremely worried about, and a Running back who truthfully, only does great against the worst defences...
Well, maybe it's because there's more to analysis than comparing strengths of schedules. And maybe your faulty conclusions are based on your faulty analysis.

Well, maybe it's because there's more to analysis than comparing strengths of schedules. And maybe your faulty conclusions are based on your faulty analysis.

you know what really pisses you guys off more than us talking about your Ivy League schedule?

You guys are just PAPER CHAMPS.

and

When was your last playoff win?

I dont think he's a me first player. i think he's a stand up guy who's put up great numbers. He was pissed last year for good reason, it seemed like holmgren was keeping him out to prevent him from earning performance bonuses
Well, it's apparent you don't know what you're talking about here. Last year, Shaun had had a few fumbles. In the last game of the season, Curtis Martin had a great game, and with several minutes left to play, we were on the Falcons 1. Coincidentally, by that time, Shaun needed one more yard to tie the mark Curtis had set for the season. Holmgren called a QB sneak, which punched it in. He didn't call a play for Shaun to punch it in, (A) because he didn't want to risk a fumble, and (B) he (Holmgren) thought they'd get the ball back at least one more time. However, our D couldn't get off the field after that, and so Shaun never got the opportunity to get that last yard. Was he ticked? Heck yeah! I'd have been ticked, too. To need one more yard and then not get called for the one-yard play... But it wasn't like Holmgren was trying to keep him from anything.

Well, it's apparent you don't know what you're talking about here. Last year, Shaun had had a few fumbles. In the last game of the season, Curtis Martin had a great game, and with several minutes left to play, we were on the Falcons 1. Coincidentally, by that time, Shaun needed one more yard to tie the mark Curtis had set for the season. Holmgren called a QB sneak, which punched it in. He didn't call a play for Shaun to punch it in, (A) because he didn't want to risk a fumble, and (B) he (Holmgren) thought they'd get the ball back at least one more time. However, our D couldn't get off the field after that, and so Shaun never got the opportunity to get that last yard. Was he ticked? Heck yeah! I'd have been ticked, too. To need one more yard and then not get called for the one-yard play... But it wasn't like Holmgren was trying to keep him from anything.

fine, youre right. he is a me-first player.

i said it seemed I didnt say it was fact. It seemed to me, and I guess it seemed like that to Alexander too, and he got pissed that Holmgren didnt give him the ball.

You make it sound like the 34 yard run doesn't count.

No, he's saying that we held your MVP in check for pretty much the entire game, he had about 50-60 yrds in the fourth quarter, but then he broke a 30 yrder.

Yah it counted. He's simply examining SA's stat line further. And upon further examination, one can come to the conclusion that the league MVP is VERY much stoppable. He has been slowed down before by the Skins, and will be shut down by the Skins on Sat.

:seahawksu

you know what really pisses you guys off more than us talking about your Ivy League schedule?

and

Dude, you're funny! You're a smacktalking 19 year old kid who doesn't know much, and you think I'm pissed at the things you say? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (Nothing personal about not knowing anything at 19, it's a common phenomenon among all 19 year olds. Your level of ignorance is surpassed only by your level of ignorance about your level of ignorance.)

Look, to the extent that you make good points, raise good issues, and ask good questions, to that extent I'll be happy to engage you respectfully and intellectually.

So by me stating facts about how you haven't won a playoff game in 24 years, or the fact that your schedule was easy as hell, and then how about you go read your article about your boy SA, and then tell me that he isn't a self centered, preppy, giddy, I want everything person. He will never match up to portis's maturity, even though portis is what, 4 years younger. Portis carries the team hurt, bruised up, never complains, does what he has to do, and to add it all up he is a team player:helmet: , alexander is still crying about his 1 yard from lsat year, and the rest of the seahawks will be crying after this saturday. Going to be 25 years now?

and

Last time I looked THIS team hasn't played a playoff game yet. They were too busy enjoying the week off as teh #1 seed. Past teams haven't won, but his team honestly seems different. I kept waiting for the "Same old Seahawks" to emerge this year and they never did. With the exception of J'ville in the first game, they were in position to win every game. The old Hawks would have folded completely against the skins in the first game and then again when Tennesse went TD crazy. Instead they mounted great comebacks and showed a heart and determination I haven't seen since their last playoff win. Not the "Same old Seahawks" by any stretch of the imagination.

Archived