Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sounds of the Game!!! Just Wrong (NFL Network)

Drunken Master III

Is this another Zapruder film? I was always pretty certain he did it anyway, just from his own reaction, or lack therof of the whole situation.. Ya know what, lets move on from this and worry about the game at hand. I am sure Gibbs will do what is best with Sean in their own time. He was fined already by the league. I see much less happen to people who do far worse. Not making light of the situation, but it is over..

Go SKINS!

Did they show the scene where Pittman is beating a girl.

Do all of you that want to keep the conversation on Pittman's indiscretions really think they make Taylor spitting any less wrong? It's pathetic. Based on that logic, no one could ever point out anyone's wrongdoings since we all have made mistakes before. But then again, I'm sure that's the way the apologists want it.

Yep; he did it alright. Mike Carrie is one of the best. Confirms my agreement with Wilbon that he shoulda got a heftier fine. Also, Marcus Washington should slap him upside the head for almost costing us the game. There's a fine line when playing a game of controlled violence. And Sean T crossed it. As a diehard fan I'm glad he didn't get booted from the next game. But long term it bothers me that he still hasn't learned self control. And that could mean our defense would be without the best Safety to ever play the game. I'm sure Gibbs and GW will make sure that Sean hears about this over and over.

p.s. And the fact that he denied it really worries me. He made GW and Gibbs look bad for defending him. And it will pretty much guarantee that this won't go away any time soon. You know the other Refs know about this. So you can bet your ass that Sean T will get hit with some controversial penalties this week.

I'm sorry, but he spit on himself, it didn't hit pittman, and it almost hit the ref cause the ref got in the way,

so let me get this straight, he spit on himself, got hit, ejected AND fined 17 grand??? and pittman didn't even have to wipe off his shoe??...

The fine might have had to have been heftier if spit had hit Pittman or the Ref, but as it stands he spit on himself, and he got ejected in a close game that could have cost him playing in the playoffs still.... I don't even know if he intended to spit on pittman and lets say he did, he didn't succeed, if nothing else Pittman should have laughed at him for not even being able to do that right, not been allowed a free shot at him.

watch the end of the video and listen to the ref explain to stoutmire about not throwing out pittman, ref said he did it after "he got spit on in the face, what would you do?" stoutmire goes "oh oh oh oh" in an agreeable manner and it looks like the rest of the skins defense agrees.

i'm sure gibbs/gw/m washington will take care of taylor in practice this week.

Yep; he did it alright. Mike Carrie is one of the best. Confirms my agreement with Wilbon that he shoulda got a heftier fine. Also, Marcus Washington should slap him upside the head for almost costing us the game. There's a fine line when playing a game of controlled violence. And Sean T crossed it. As a diehard fan I'm glad he didn't get booted from the next game. But long term it bothers me that he still hasn't learned self control. And that could mean our defense would be without the best Safety to ever play the game. I'm sure Gibbs and GW will make sure that Sean hears about this over and over.

p.s. And the fact that he denied it really worries me. He made GW and Gibbs look bad for defending him. And it will pretty much guarantee that this won't go away any time soon. You know the other Refs know about this. So you can bet your ass that Sean T will get hit with some controversial penalties this week.

:applause:

Some of you that are going out of your way to defend Taylor on this, need to grow up.

There is no excuse for spitting or attempting to spit (if it indeed only hit his own face mask) at a player. It's classless, and it couldn't have come at worse time.

Taylor is a beast, but it doesn't do us any good if he's not on the field.

Without learning control, Taylor's career will be nothing more than a few "highlight" type hits, and unrealized potential.

He needs to be called out on this type of behavior.

watch the end of the video and listen to the ref explain to stoutmire about not throwing out pittman, ref said he did it after "he got spit on in the face, what would you do?" stoutmire goes "oh oh oh oh" in an agreeable manner and it looks like the rest of the skins defense agrees.

Well, duh. If a referee came to you and told you that your teammate spit in an opponent's face, you'd take the ref at his word. That's very different from saying that Taylor actually intentionally spit in Pittman's face.

Do any of you actually engage in athletic activity? I'm a runner myself; after a few miles of running (particularly with a buddy who'm I'm conversing with), I spit constantly, because the physical activity causes you to breathe from your mouth more heavily and dries out your saliva. You have to spit it out just to talk.

That's not a malicious act. Just biology. I'm continuing to defend Sean Taylor not because I think it's OK to spit on an opponent, but because I think his doing so reflected inattention on Taylor's part, not malice.

I don't get it? If Taylor laid a legal hit on Pittman that knocked him unconcious, besides feeling remorse, would you also enjoy seeing that? I'm gonna assume yes?. So how could something as unharmful as spit get anyone mad? Is it gross, sure, is it bad judgement sure ... but we are watching a sport where being as destructive as possible within a certain set of rules is the goal?

My point is, this is the price we pay for the sport we love...simple. You can't have it both ways.

I don't get it? If Taylor laid a legal hit on Pittman that knocked him unconcious, besides feeling remorse, would you also enjoy seeing that? I'm gonna assume yes?. So how could something as unharmful as spit get anyone mad? Is it gross, sure, is it bad judgement sure ... but we are watching a sport where being as destructive as possible within a certain set of rules is the goal?

My point is, this is the price we pay for the sport we love...simple. You can't have it both ways.

Exactly! Due to its violent nature, football is a sport where we constantly see players spitting on each other and should have zero expectations for player conduct. As humans we are uncapable of maintaining sportsmanship while playing such an intense game.

Reach again!

Archived