Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Agony Years: What did you hate MOST?

jauburn

Between Gibbs I and Gibbs II there were a lot of years, a lot of horrible years in which we had to endure laughably bad teams, coaches with their origins in Dallas, players with their origins in Dallas, multiple million dollar busts, Heath Shuler, head banging, no team chemistry, the Danny's learning curve, on and on.

I call these The Agony Years.

Now, on the verge of our second playoff win, let's use this thread to cleanse our spirits once and for all of those horrible, horrible times.

What did you hate MOST about The Agony Years???

:2cents:

The years of Norvousness..... That was what really set a bad precedent at Redskins Park.

Schottenheimer started us back down the right path, but I'm not real crazy about his approach, and neither were a lot of the players....

Spurrier was, and will always be, and NFL punchline. I have almost acheived plausible deniability that those 2 years ever happened.

Giving Deion that HUGE contract, Gus and the headbutt(dumbass!). It goes on. Basically, it was Snyder trying to buy his way to a Championship. This isn't baseball. You need a cohesive unit that will play their hearts out for their coaches. Hmmmm, that sounds like the Skins this year.

For me it was Norv and Deion, both former Dallas Cowboys!

Hiring them was tantamount to saying that rivalries are just marketing bull. Those hirings were a slap in the face of true Redskins fans. Disgraceful time. I don't think I can ever forgive the Danny for that, even though he brought back GIBBS.

Yea, i mean the Titans vs WSH was a "superbowl preview". Our season was on a downward spiral on the last play of the 1st half.

Also i hate how before 2001 or so its hard for me to remember the 1st half of seasons for the skins. I was 12 then and didnt expect me to be a diehard like now, but i hate how i missed out on the gravity of the 7-1 start.

But, i do remember falling in that season and going 0-5 then 5-0 finishing 8-8.

I dunno, have a lot of rough memories but i think the great start to finish out of the playoffs was the worst one.

What I hated most was how, after every loss, Norv would say stuff like "we played well, but you can point to one or two things that cost us the game." But he never did anything to prevent bad things from happening. Norv never got the Redskins to make a big play when they needed it, except for some of the games in '99 and the 7-1 start a couple years before that.

For me it was Norv and Deion, both former Dallas Cowboys!

Hiring them was tantamount to saying that rivalries are just marketing bull. Those hirings were a slap in the face of true Redskins fans. Disgraceful time. I don't think I can ever forgive the Danny for that, even though he brought back GIBBS.

Whoa... Danny did not hire Norv, but inherited him.

Personally, I love Danny. He's my dream come true: Make a zillion dollars, buy the Redskins.

Archived