Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, so, which newspaper blurbed the lunch menu at Redskins Park?

Art

Just make sure you don't make any sound in the pressbox, Sammy! (Maybe you should have the burrito afterwards.) No seriously, there are legitimate, professional journalists working there who have deadlines to meet and they certainly will lose their intense focus if you yell "Yay" or any other unprofessional utterings. Please remember they have editors to please and families to feed and cannot be distracted by team-paid fanboys like Artful, Scapel, and their ilk.

;)

Oh, I promise to behave like an angel in the press box...and if I happen to sit directly in front of Lenny P after my burrito, and while I'm concentrating on behaving in the press box I just can't concentrate on holding in the effects of the burrito.... It's not my fault, right?

Thanks Art, I found the video, I guess I somehow missed it the first time...I'm not sure how though... :doh:

This must be a slow news week if this is what the Post has to report on. Remeber we have a big Marylad Duke game tomorrow night. While this stuff is funny and cute, how about the other major events in the area.

Remember, this was printing in the silly Style section gossip column, not the sports section. When the Skins are hot, related articles and news items appear in all sections of the paper. It was a light, throwaway item, and it was foolish and a little sad that Larry Michael felt the need to rebut the "news item" the way he did, IMO.

Remember, this was printing in the silly Style section gossip column, not the sports section. When the Skins are hot, related articles and news items appear in all sections of the paper. It was a light, throwaway item, and it was foolish and a little sad that Larry Michael felt the need to rebut the "news item" the way he did, IMO.

Dan,

One day I'm sure you'll get the concept that it is the responsibility of the media to get the facts right. You are awfully forgiving of false facts. This certainly wasn't a biting news piece, but, it contained a shot at the organization for not buying more expensive food for the players while at the same time perhaps hurting their ability to win given the poor diet. You often throw garbage away :).

A little bickering is fun, especially when one side is so right to call attention to this kind of thing. I guarantee you six months from now some troll would be here citing how cheap Snyder was in the playoffs and how we lost because he didn't have a proper meal table because this is how legends get started. A throwaway line in a paper started the myth about Nolan being given vanilla ice cream too and you are seeing that written about even this year.

When we can't trust the local paper to get it right about what the team eats for lunch, how can it be the expectation that they have much else right? :).

Dan,

One day I'm sure you'll get the concept that it is the responsibility of the media to get the facts right. You are awfully forgiving of false facts. This certainly wasn't a biting news piece, but, it contained a shot at the organization for not buying more expensive food for the players while at the same time perhaps hurting their ability to win given the poor diet. You often throw garbage away :).

A little bickering is fun, especially when one side is so right to call attention to this kind of thing. I guarantee you six months from now some troll would be here citing how cheap Snyder was in the playoffs and how we lost because he didn't have a proper meal table because this is how legends get started. A throwaway line in a paper started the myth about Nolan being given vanilla ice cream too and you are seeing that written about even this year.

When we can't trust the local paper to get it right about what the team eats for lunch, how can it be the expectation that they have much else right? :).

Art, you don't have to be condescending every time you engage in someone who disagrees with you. But thanks for your confidence that one day I'll grasp the concept of media accuracy.

Sorry if I disagree with the need for the Post's Reliable Source gossip column for digging to the bottom of the "Baja Fresh delivery story" before writing their snarky little piece. Michael could have responded in a similarly light-hearted tone, but he sledge-hammered it to death. It made him look petty and mean.

He, and you, can let your foot off the gas once in a while in the all-out media war, IMO.

Art, you don't have to be condescending every time you engage in someone who disagrees with you. But thanks for your confidence that one day I'll grasp the concept of media accuracy.

Sorry if I disagree with the need for the Post's Reliable Source gossip column for digging to the bottom of the "Baja Fresh delivery story" before writing their snarky little piece. Michael could have responded in a similarly light-hearted tone, but he sledge-hammered it to death. It made him look petty and mean.

He, and you, can let your foot off the gas once in a while in the all-out media war, IMO.

Ok, Dan, why don't you let us know which false facts are worthy of rebuttal and which are not? Should the team have rejected the report that Clark was cut in a throwaway line in the Post? How about that Coles could be released, causing Coles to inform the team he would not accept a trade believing he could be released instead? How about the toss away that Ray Brown has been promised a job with the team after he retires causing the league to investigate since that would be against league rules?

How about the tiny piece that Williams signed an extension with writing that he could not interview elsewhere this year, which would be a violation of the rules? How about you thinking it would be ok for the media to allow themselves to get things right for a while, and, if they HAVE to get them wrong, try not to be condenscending toward the organization as if THEY are to blame for something they aren't doing?

Jeez, man, do you root for the Post or the Redskins? Jump on board, will ya?

FWIW. I read/saw this in in the Sport section, in one of the bottom side bar sectiom. When I saw it in context with another blurb (Cheap Seats - talked about tickets), I thought it was just a light funny article, since I can't see the whole team eating burritos... Sure it might be a little misleading, but I hope both sides have thicker skin than this. I think Larry does go overboard since not only he talked about it it that video segment but also in the main press conf with Jansen. My 2c.

I def agree with Art. I see your point Dan T. but from the past stories the post has put out this is unacceptable and rude. The Post is sooooo jealous of redskins.com and this site.

I receive the post and constantly don’t understand the bashing the redskins receive. I don’t even read the skins articles really. Its like im reading a dallas paper.

As for wilbon and tony that’s another thread.

The comPost has been spreading lies and picking at the Redskins for several years now. I have absolutely no problem with Larry Michael and the Skins fighting back WITH THE TRUTH. Petty maybe....but I think you'd be pretty p - offed at the Post if they were publishing false articles about you every week for a couple years. The reporting in the Post has gone straight downhill...first it was the news section and now the sports.

I'm tired of news organizations making the news instead of reporting it. I'm 100 percent in the Redskins corner on this one.

Lol, I can see where this is all going. Actually, this is quite funny as well as sad. For the Post to have stooped this low in reporting just confirms the point that they dont like certain officials at Redskins park. i dont know what to make of the initial writeup or the video response but one thing is clear, this is a feud the Post cannot win. Its like pitting yourself against the Public and you dont expect to come out victorious. The Redskins represents a majority of the people that the Post cover..... subtle attacks on the team is felt by the locals who embrace it as theirs.

Is it a lack of insider information or insider press pass that will lead the Post to report on fast food at Redskins park? How sure are they that the food was meant for the players? and what next are we gonna read from the Post.... probably they will stand in front of the gate and interview the lawn mower to see if he has been duly paid. Wonders shall never cease. Ticktack journalism sucks and this is what we are witnessing in this case, its up to the editors to step in and put a stop to this or are they just looking for fodder material to fill up their paper. I wonder. I will say it again and from experience, the Post cannot win in this situation, they are sowing the wind and they will end up reaping the whirlwind.

Archived