Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, so, which newspaper blurbed the lunch menu at Redskins Park?

Art

The latest Redskins video is absolutely hysterical about the team eating well. I've eaten in that lunch area. It is quite good :). The media doesn't really have access down there so they must think any delivery truck is for the players :).

I have to find what this in response to.

I'll buy a burrito for the person who shows me what prompted this :).

Art.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/09/AR2006010902004.html

How are you going to get my burrito to CT? It's halfway down the article, here's the actual blurb:

CHEAP EATS: Apparently, playoff revenue has yet to filter down to the Redskins' lunch budget. At 11 a.m. yesterday, two workers unloaded a jeep filled with food from Baja Fresh -- a $6 dollar a plate fast-food burrito joint popular among broke college kids -- and delivered it to the team. Maybe the restaurant chain impressed the Redskins with its nutrition-heavy marketing campaign, but we're not so sure Baja Fresh will leave players feeling particularly light-footed. According to its Web site, the average Baja Fresh burrito weighed in at about 1,100 calories.

BTW...what an honor, little guy like me with only around 450 posts showing something to the great Art.... Hopefully that makes up for the few thousand email bounces I sent you. :)

Baja Fresh is not really a "burrito joint" for "broke college students." They are a more healthy choice fast food restaurant with really fresh ingredients.

[over reaction]

baja fresh??! who's idea is that? i mean this isn't the beginning of training camp, but the week of a playoff game. :doh: baja fresh gives me the craps on the regular and i hope it doesn't do the same to my beloved skins. well at least it is better than chipolte.

[/over reaction]

;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/09/AR2006010902004.html

How are you going to get my burrito to CT? It's halfway down the article, here's the actual blurb:

CHEAP EATS: Apparently, playoff revenue has yet to filter down to the Redskins' lunch budget. At 11 a.m. yesterday, two workers unloaded a jeep filled with food from Baja Fresh -- a $6 dollar a plate fast-food burrito joint popular among broke college kids -- and delivered it to the team. Maybe the restaurant chain impressed the Redskins with its nutrition-heavy marketing campaign, but we're not so sure Baja Fresh will leave players feeling particularly light-footed. According to its Web site, the average Baja Fresh burrito weighed in at about 1,100 calories.

That's too funny.

Who even wrote that? I'll give him/her credit for some in depth reporting. Most journalists would simply describe the burrito and leave it be. Going the extra mile to get the caloric count is fantastic :).

Then the video taunting them.

I love this stuff. It's like a comedic soap opera.

Samtc, I'll have to owe you man :).

burritos?

Maybe they plan to unleash chemical warfare on the Seahawks...

Not so, Zoony. The team just did a video with the woman in charge of the player's food making fun of the report they'd be eating burritos :). Where IS that popcorn smilie.

CHEAP SHOTS: To avoid insulting native American heritage, the Seattle Times decided to limit severely the use of the term Redskins in the paper -- even if a team with that name will dominate news coverage this week. The Times will not use the moniker in headlines or captions. Reporters can use it only once, as a first reference, in all stories. The Redskins will be referred to almost exclusively as Washington -- which could get a little confusing for local readers who also live in that state.

:doh: pathetic, insulting to our team

**** the Hawks, they're going down this weekend

Where's the video with the lady in charge of the food? The only one I saw was Larry Michael asking Jansen what was for lunch. Ham...by the way, cooked by his wife. He brown bags it... Man, the Post made themselves ripe to get slammed here. Whew, it's incredible to think about just how well they set themselves up for ridicule...rarely do you see someone serve up such a fat juicy one.

Art...take me to a game in the press box with you... You can buy a burrito on the trip...and we'll call it even. :)

Oh man that is funny

I knew the Redskins would do something after reading a blurb criticizing the menu. It looks the like the Washington Post is pulling straws here, trying to find SOMETHING wrong at Redskins park these days

Too funny

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/09/AR2006010902037.html

The Post in its attempt to keep things in a negative light at Redskins park also has a front page story on its website about the "sociology of spitting"

This stuff is great. I wonder what our friends at sportsjournalist.com think of the Washington Post being called out like this?

That Baja Fresh lunch was JUST FOR RANDY THOMAS alone! lol

Did anyone think the two Skins doing the "food critics" show on Comcast Sportsnet would be the ones out for the playoffs with broken bones? Bad luck in somebody's spaghetti sauce?

Of course I'm talking about Renaldo Wynn and Randy Thomas

Where's the video with the lady in charge of the food? The only one I saw was Larry Michael asking Jansen what was for lunch. Ham...by the way, cooked by his wife. He brown bags it... Man, the Post made themselves ripe to get slammed here. Whew, it's incredible to think about just how well they set themselves up for ridicule...rarely do you see someone serve up such a fat juicy one.

Art...take me to a game in the press box with you... You can buy a burrito on the trip...and we'll call it even. :)

Sam,

It's the second video link down on the front now called "Redskins Eat Well" or it's the third link down on their multimedia page. The Redskins make it hard to generate hits when you can't direct link to stuff like that :).

Just make sure you don't make any sound in the pressbox, Sammy! (Maybe you should have the burrito afterwards.) No seriously, there are legitimate, professional journalists working there who have deadlines to meet and they certainly will lose their intense focus if you yell "Yay" or any other unprofessional utterings. Please remember they have editors to please and families to feed and cannot be distracted by team-paid fanboys like Artful, Scapel, and their ilk.

;)

That Baja Fresh lunch was JUST FOR RANDY THOMAS alone! lol

Did anyone think the two Skins doing the "food critics" show on Comcast Sportsnet would be the ones out for the playoffs with broken bones? Bad luck in somebody's spaghetti sauce?

Of course I'm talking about Renaldo Wynn and Randy Thomas

yea good point. i don't recall them eating any dairy products (Ca2+). however i hope they don't continue going out like that since they are injured.

Archived