Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fatigue

laura

How much of a role do you think that fatigue will play in this game? Are the Skins tired after six must win games? Can they play with the same emotion this week as they did last week againts Tampa? (I would like to state that I have faith in the skins. I am just not very experienced in football and am trying to learn about these types of thing. In addition this was something that I read about somewhere)

This is a really popular topic of the media lately. I can see where they get this, but I just feel like there are two reasons this won't be a concern. 1) This is the divisional playoffs. You are one of 8 teams left playing out of 32. You have to be able to get up for a game like this against a paper champ that no one gives you a chance to take down..... 2) We have Joe Gibbs -- the man who may be the most effective motivator/evaluator of emotion !

More than fatigue, I think the 'Skins will feel the desire to win. This is a team that genuinely is afraid of losing and does not want to. That can overcome fatigue, which is overrated. Announcers like to throw that around a lot, but it's not really, truly a factor.

I was thinking about this and it playes in our favor, not Seattle.

We have had 6 weeks of hammering football and are hitting very hard. We practice in pads and have been playing lights out .

The Seahawks may have had time to rest but will they be prepared to take on the kind of hits we will be giving out? I don't think so.

The way I see it, the DEFENSE is too hot to be tired. The offense needed a little time to heal (namely MB & CP) and actually got some rest on Saturday. CP spent time on the sideline and MB wasn't on the field enough to break a sweat (so to speak).

The O will be refreshed for next week's game and the D will just keep rolling.

Fatigue is a legitimate concern. We've been in playoff mode for 6 weeks. Add in a long distance flight and there is even more reason for concern.

...but I gotta say...I've been anticipating a letdown for about 3 weeks now and our guys just keep coming out at the same intensity level every week. No reason to think they cannot do it one more time:)

Fatigue is a legitimate concern. We've been in playoff mode for 6 weeks. Add in a long distance flight and there is even more reason for concern.

...but I gotta say...I've been anticipating a letdown for about 3 weeks now and our guys just keep coming out at the same intensity level every week. No reason to think they cannot do it one more time:)

Another factor to consider is the early bye week that we had this season. The team's ability to persevere and play hard is a testament to the coaching staff and the heart of the players.

being spent worries me, especially being spent and ...

1. playing away from home

2. playing a team that got a 1st round bye

3. coming of a brutal defensive struggle

4. travelling 3000 miles

5. going against a run first team and a team that can stop the run

That being said I'm sure Joe has been down this road before, and he will put us in the best position possible to win ...

I'm hoping last week vs. the Bucs counts as a "letdown" given how poorly our "O" looked against them. We skated by thanks entirely to our defense.

We need to come to play this week. All those hard practices in training camp and the extra effort Gibbs demands during that time is thought to contribute to his historical success late in the season. I don't see why the playoffs should be any different. In other words, our boys should be in game shape.

Only thing that worries me is Brunell's poor play. Let's hope he digs deep this week. We're gonna need it.

I agree Brunell is a huge concern. We all know that he has the talent and still has ability given what we witnessed this year. Its just that his knee still seems to be bothering him. Additionally with Santana as the only receiving threat, he can be blanketed, which leaves few option for the injured Brunell.

I don't see why the Redskins would be any more "fatigued" than any other team that didn't get a bye in the playoffs.

I mean, just because they've won 6 straight, it doesn't make you any more tired or beat up.

Carolina, New England, and Pittsburgh are all at a simliar disadvantage. As someone else mentioned, it COULD work in our favor if Seattle has any kind of rust this weekend.

The concern is Brunell not being 100% couple with the fact that we have only one NFL quality WR. But the equalizer is the fact that seattle's D-line is a bit undersized and not as physical as Tampa's. The fatigue thing is a bit overrated considering that these guys are traveling in the team's private jet. J. Gibbs has done this before (playoffs on the road) so he knows how to get the guys ready with minimal strain. Finally, I want to remind folks about the 1987 season when a wildcard, the vikings (after beating new orlean saints on the road), had to travel to the #1 seed on the west coast (49'ers)... they actually played that game on saturday and the vikings blew sanfran out thus clearing the way for the skins to host the nfc title game after beating the bears on the road. So it's doable.

Fatigue of many things could come into effect but, Gibbs will have his team ready to go. There is no tomorrow unless you win and I think our players realize that. We have basically played 6 playoff games so far, our backs have been against the way for like a month and a half! I would be shocked if we lost this game. Sure the Seahawks have had a cake schedule but they are still a NFL football team in the playoffs and will be no push-over. To sum everything up, I think Gibbs will teach his players to play to win now and sleep later.

Look at it this way...the Redskins haven't had a day off since week 3 of the regular season. That was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. We've gone up and down since then but we made it this far. We're playing better than we've played all year.

The last 6 games have definitely hurt us. But as our star players leave one game they come back to play another. Springs was out and so was Taylor for half the game... and so was Brunnel and Portis. But we're all back together again for a BIG game. And we're HUNGRY.

The best thing going for the Skins is "pressure". We've been under pressure for 6 weeks now and I think we can all agree that by now... Our boys are used to it. In fact, we're at our best when our back is against the wall. It's when we're doing well that we blow it. We sit on leads. We go into easy games WAY over confident.

We've got a lot of things on our side. Injuries and lost players is not something I'm terribly worried about. Upset yes, but not worried. Gregg Williams knows what he's doing. Our defense is the key to winning. But that's not to say that our Offense can continue to sit on leads. Our offense has to dig harder and make some plays happen.

Archived