Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fatigue

laura

Fatigue is overrated. Most teams have played straight through since Week 1. What's more of a concern is where the Skins are playing their games - on the road. When you're on the road - the coaches have less time to prepare. The team has less time to practice. And the players have less time to rest and heal up injuries. It takes incredible attitude, focus, and mental toughness to win on the road. Of course, I woudn't put it past this bunch.

In order to go to the Super Bowl, the Skins will have to do something that's never been done: win 4 straight weeks on the road. New England won 3 straight as a Wild Card in 1985 but at least they had their final regular season game at home that year.

Just imagine: winning at Philly, at Tampa, at Seattle, at Chicago. That's impressive if it's spread out over a 4 month season but doing it over 28 days would be a miracle.

I love my skins but this next one is going to be very tough. I will say that if they can pull off the dubya in Seattle, that there will be no stopping them from going to Detroit.

Fact: The skins had the best offseason participation in the NFL. They are well conditioned. One of the trademarks of all of Joe's teams.

Experience: Flying out to west coast for a few is no big deal. Comming back east is what tends to throw your body off.

Observation: Seattle has been in sleep mode and will have to catch up to a rolling team That is Battle tested. Their crowd is what we should be concerned with. They are real freekin loud. Hope the guys are using a P.A. this week in practice to cut down on false starts (drive Killers).

The flip side to this is will Seattle be off from not playing? During the year a lot teams come out flat after a bye week. The speed of the game in the

playoffs increases.

So...how will the week off affect Seattle early in the game?

You bring up an interesting point, so I decided to look into that.

I went through and looked at every teams performance after a bye week and found that the overall record is 16-16 for the entire NFL.

That just shows the outcome of the games, so that wasn't EXACTLY what you were talking about but I think it shows that the performance after a bye week can swing to either team's favor.

Success in Football, more than any other sport, is determined by HEART.

yes fundamentals are important...yes game plan is important...yes god given skill is important....yes all the intangables are important....

...but they pale in comparison next to the HEART of the player.

Those of us who have played this game before have all seen the "blessed players", the godly gifted athletes,whose gifts we wish we had, but who didn't have the heart to play this game....

...then there are those with out this advantage yet they are successful....those who are too small to play middle linbacker....or who aren't tall enough to be a successful wide reciever....or who are not the type of running back to play in the physicl NFC east...Those who are too old to play guard or quaterback....those whose time has come and gone...

...How is it possible that these people could be successful?

The answer: they have the mentality, the will, the belief that nothing can stop them. nothing. That is what heart is.

I've said it before and i'll say it again....the 2005 Washington Redskins are showing their fans and this nation what Heart is all about.

Fatigue?....it's just a nother intangable that pales in comparison.

Gang, go to Redskins.com and watch the video "Behind the scenes" and tell me if the flight to Seattle was a rough one. Snyder chartered a 747(each player had their own row of seats) for the team and had it catered. 200 steaks,64 lbs of crab meat highlight a big spread for our guys.

Plus,they flew out a day early so they could get better rested. I don't think fatigue will be a problem.

Its never the same when you are not at home. But with that said, lets be real...we are a much stronger and wiser team both on the field and on the sidelines. I am not predicting a blowout by any means but we are strong, physical and punishing with our defense and those early hits that are delivered in the :cheers: first half will take all the muster out of the Suckhawks by the second half so they wont be able to catch us. See you all in Carolina Baby...Skins by 4 today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success in Football, more than any other sport, is determined by HEART.

yes fundamentals are important...yes game plan is important...yes god given skill is important....yes all the intangables are important....

...but they pale in comparison next to the HEART of the player.

Those of us who have played this game before have all seen the "blessed players", the godly gifted athletes,whose gifts we wish we had, but who didn't have the heart to play this game....

...then there are those with out this advantage yet they are successful....those who are too small to play middle linbacker....or who aren't tall enough to be a successful wide reciever....or who are not the type of running back to play in the physicl NFC east...Those who are too old to play guard or quaterback....those whose time has come and gone...

...How is it possible that these people could be successful?

The answer: they have the mentality, the will, the belief that nothing can stop them. nothing. That is what heart is.

I've said it before and i'll say it again....the 2005 Washington Redskins are showing their fans and this nation what Heart is all about.

Fatigue?....it's just a nother intangable that pales in comparison.

Damn dude, after reading this post I have started preparing for the super bowl parade in downtown Washington DC. I believe now more than ever that we can get the job done. We got the heart.:cool:

Damn dude, after reading this post I have started preparing for the super bowl parade in downtown Washington DC. I believe now more than ever that we can get the job done. We got the heart.:cool:

Thanks, We can do it.

Why doesn't the media ever pick up on this element of the game...? I don't get it...

How much of a role do you think that fatigue will play in this game? Are the Skins tired after six must win games? Can they play with the same emotion this week as they did last week againts Tampa? (I would like to state that I have faith in the skins. I am just not very experienced in football and am trying to learn about these types of thing. In addition this was something that I read about somewhere)

Emotionaly we can keep it up. But it might be a problem in the 2nd half. they should have fresh legs,and its gonna be raining too. Who knows. Hopefully it wont play a part in the game.

Fatigue is a legitimate concern. We've been in playoff mode for 6 weeks. Add in a long distance flight and there is even more reason for concern.

...but I gotta say...I've been anticipating a letdown for about 3 weeks now and our guys just keep coming out at the same intensity level every week. No reason to think they cannot do it one more time:)

Fatigue is taking its toll. Bram Weinstein wasn't lying. You see guys limping around... ever so lightly. And more numbers by the game.

Don't you recall how many injuries our team suffered last game? Sure, it didn't prohibit them from playing. But this team isn't full strength... and every week the infirmary list grows.

It's going to catch up with us.

J.G. has been down this road before and I don't think fatigue will be a factor.Also these guys have been traveling most of thier lives, from HS through college and the pro's. In some states esp in the west teams can travel hundreds of miles to a sporting event. They figure out what it takes to adjust to the travel.Also on a less serious note, maybe the break they took in November:doh: might help and ST will be a beast because he needs to get his $17,000 back. He'll be a killa!:mad:

Gang, go to Redskins.com and watch the video "Behind the scenes" and tell me if the flight to Seattle was a rough one. Snyder chartered a 747(each player had their own row of seats) for the team and had it catered. 200 steaks,64 lbs of crab meat highlight a big spread for our guys.

Plus,they flew out a day early so they could get better rested. I don't think fatigue will be a problem.

I've never bashed dan, and right now all i'll say is the dude rocks!

Let me explain this as simply as I can. If any of you were 12 quarters from immortality would you feel tired or amped. Every team has injuries and every team has key players missing or dinged but this is the NFL playoffs and is a reach to imply that any team is tired or fatigued.

You get fatigued at 6-9 and playing out the last game of the season you do not get fatigued when the ring you busted your tail for, your whole career, is 12 quarters away. 3 freakin games people, 12 quarters, and some of you believe this team may just lose becasue they're tired, I don't think so. If we lose it's going to be because Sea. was a better team today, nothing more nothing less.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I'm hoping last week vs. the Bucs counts as a "letdown" given how poorly our "O" looked against them. We skated by thanks entirely to our defense.

Only thing that worries me is Brunell's poor play. Let's hope he digs deep this week. We're gonna need it.

The week before, against Philly, they didn't look very sharp either. I've been concerned thet they peaked against the Cowboys & Giants and have been sliding because of fatigue.

I hope this is not the case. If the "Skins come out with no let down their just one game awa :point2sky y from XL!

Archived