Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone on here sleep?

Rumrunner6900

I am fortunate enough to be able to do MOST of my job right here from my own computer and phone. This is a GREAT benefit of my job. (Though, it can be a downfall on the days I lack self-discipline). But as far as insomnia... Yup... I go through seasons of it. Like one week I will sleep great, but the next week I am up for four days in a row with little to no sleep. It sucks majorly, but you learn to roll with the punches. For instance, I only rearrange the rooms in my house in the middle of the night. LOL. My house is spotless on the weeks that I can't sleep. I guess I get bored - so I clean. Better than just laying there counting sheep like some people do.

Baaaaaaaa!

I am fortunate enough to be able to do MOST of my job right here from my own computer and phone. This is a GREAT benefit of my job. (Though, it can be a downfall on the days I lack self-discipline). But as far as insomnia... Yup... I go through seasons of it. Like one week I will sleep great, but the next week I am up for four days in a row with little to no sleep. It sucks majorly, but you learn to roll with the punches. For instance, I only rearrange the rooms in my house in the middle of the night. LOL. My house is spotless on the weeks that I can't sleep. I guess I get bored - so I clean. Better than just laying there counting sheep like some people do.

Baaaaaaaa!

What do you do? (job)

Same here.

Its so unhealthy.

The best thing for the body is a constant 8-10 hours a night.

I wish..

Mate, at 16, that is unhealthy for a still growing body, but as I have a pair of bung knees, a bad back and a dodgy hip, it is more painful for me to lie down than it is to be upright.

Mate, at 16, that is unhealthy for a still growing body, but as I have a pair of bung knees, a bad back and a dodgy hip, it is more painful for me to lie down than it is to be upright.

Did you play rugby? Or Aussie-rules?? I've got an effed up back from rugby, and effed up knees from rugby (prop and 2nd row), football (left-tackle) and baseball (I was a catcher for most of my playing days). Ugh.

Did you play rugby? Or Aussie-rules?? I've got an effed up back from rugby, and effed up knees from rugby (prop and 2nd row), football (left-tackle) and baseball (I was a catcher for most of my playing days). Ugh.

I did my right knee (twisted lower half of leg 90 degrees) playing Aussie Rules 26 years ago, and had four reconstruction attempts in five years to fix it. Have to now get a replacement. My left knee is bad due to having to favour my right.

My bad back is due to a speedway accident some 20 odd years ago, which slowly got worse and now gives me pain every day.

Before my injuries, I played cricket, volleyball and baseball, along with Aussie Rules and racing speedway. I attempted both rugby league and rugby union, but could never get my head around the rules due to my aussie rules upbringing.

Before my injuries, I played cricket, volleyball and baseball, along with Aussie Rules and racing speedway. I attempted both rugby league and rugby union, but could never get my head around the rules due to my aussie rules upbringing.

:laugh: Ain't that the truth. I tried Aussie rules once, and it was all ass-backward. I played rugby union (league is for pansies :) ) and never quite got my head wrapped around the rules either. Really didn't need to...I was a forward, so I all I worried about was rucking over, lifting during the throw-ins, running back 10 when the ref called it, supporting the runner, and occasionally blasting through tacklers for a try or a few yards. It was the most fun I've ever had playing sports, that's for sure!!

I am an admin. assistant for a Reverend. It may not seem like a lot of work, but believe me... Between his being a Pastor of a church, co-owning a Gospel music production company, and being the lead in a Gospel quartet group... It can be very exhausting! His schedule alone is enough to drive you bonkers... Then, add to the fact that the church split leaving most of the ministries without officers (and guess who is filling in ALL of those clerical positions!) Yup, you guessed it! So, my hours vary from day to day and week to week. I am training a new church clerk and program director (which was an old position of mine), and I am trying to revamp the women's ministry (In which I was the president of two years ago, but had to step down when I became the Pastor's assistant). I won't assume that position again, because I know I don't have the time... And I am unable to comit or dedicate myself like before.

Okay, before I start getting flack for being so involved in the church, and acting the way I do here... This is one of the only forms of release I have. I can't even breathe funny around my son (his being five = telling EVERYTHING mommy does!) Soooooooooo not fun when your own child busts you! *chuckles* You also won't see me get involved in any religious debates on here. I started to when I first joined, but EXTREMESKINS.com is one of the only outlets I have... And it is deffinitely the only time I don't feel like I am working! So, I want to keep it fun!

-Misty-

Archived