Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need more music recommendations (311, Radiohead, Killers, Lords of Acid)

Prosperity

Ok so I have added four new bands to my lineup and...

which bands play music comparable to these bands:

-311 (favorites: "All Mixed Up" "Amber" "Love Song" "Whose Got the Herb" "Beyond the Gray Sky" "Come Original" "Applied Science" "Tread on Me" "Beautiful Disaster")

-Radiohead ( "Street Spirit" "Karma Police" "The Bends" "2+2=5" "Paranoid Android" "My Iron Lung" )

-Lords of Acid ("Marijuana in your brain" "LSD" "Rough Sex" "Out comes the evil" "I am ****ing beautiful" "Trippy Mushrooms")

-The Killers ( "Andy, you're a star" "Believe me Natalie" "Change your mind" basically every song on the Hot Fuss album)

311 - Minutemen, Violent Femmes, Shout Out Louds

Radiohead - Sigur Ros (especially if you're more into their Kid A stuff).

The Killers - Arcade Fire, Wolf Parade, Broken Social Scene, or Gang of Four (older but Franz Ferdinand and The Killers to a lesser extent completely and utterly ripped them off).

Lords of Acid - Not really sure, maybe some shoegaze like My Bloody Valentine or The Jesus and Mary Chain

Ok so I have added four new bands to my lineup and...

which bands play music comparable to these bands:

-311 (favorites: "All Mixed Up" "Amber" "Love Song" "Whose Got the Herb" "Beyond the Gray Sky" "Come Original" "Applied Science" "Tread on Me" "Beautiful Disaster")

-Radiohead ( "Street Spirit" "Karma Police" "The Bends" "2+2=5" "Paranoid Android" "My Iron Lung" )

-Lords of Acid ("Marijuana in your brain" "LSD" "Rough Sex" "Out comes the evil" "I am ****ing beautiful" "Trippy Mushrooms")

-The Killers ( "Andy, you're a star" "Believe me Natalie" "Change your mind" basically every song on the Hot Fuss album)

Radiohead - Like mentioned above, check out Muse. They are a bit heavier than Radiohead and are pretty good. Also, I'd highly recommend Bjork if you're into Radiohead.

Lords Of Acid member(well used to be) and basically the one who started it all is Pragha Khan. There is some solo stuff by him" Injected With A Poison" is the only one that comes to mind. But you must listen to " Young Boys by LOA, its on "VoodooU"

Now when it comes to 311 check out the band called " The Urge". Nick Hexom of 311 collaborated with in the mid nineties.

• 4 months later...

Looking back on this thread there was some really good advice on music I should ahve gotten long a go. I am glad I looked back at this thread.

The Strokes amazing, especially First Impressions of Earth.

Sigur Ros- I never thought I could find anything on the level of Kid A again... What a pleasant surprise

Muse is ok... I can't say I like them nearly as much as Radiohead, but they are worth an add to the collection.

Fugazi...well that was a good choice, but I heard of them a long time ago.

Dead Can Dance... really trippy. I'll save them for when I am less sober.

Miles Davis.... I like it him somewhat, and I respect the music but can't really actively listen to it.

I can't believed I liked Lords of Acid, I must have been really, really stoned... listening to them again I have to agree that yes they are garbage... techno in general gives me head aches now.

If your into 311 check out Shootyz Groove, PhunkJunkeez, Dog Eat Dog, and most def check out the band an earlier poster put up The Urge especially if you like Ska and Funk.

If you like Lords of Acid heed previous advice and ditch it, any BreakBeats, New Skool breaks, or Drum and Bass is far better electronic music.

Ok now this thread has taken a turn into some really obscure stuff.

As Astra Per Asperia... I could only find 3 songs on frost wire ("Good land at night" "bi-pedal ungrateful empty and awake" "sun sets chalk on the pyramids") All 3 were pretty cool... but I couldn't find any on the album you mention Mufo.

Peaches...better than Lords of Acid atleast

Ugly Cassanova...Modest Mouse 2?

Blue October, and The Urge...I'll check them out hwne I get more time, they are probably good

Archived