Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is It Worth Bringing Back Smoot???

qcraftsman

Hmmmmm.......bring back a player that was always a fan favorite until he left...........who never got in trouble here........at a position we have no depth at..........at a position that is vitally important to the blitzing defense Williams employs.........at probably a low salary due to his recent troubles.........who last year EVERYONE wanted to keep more than anything.......who is 8 years younger than Sean Springs..........that'll play under a coaching staff that wont put up with shenanigans..........yes, yes I would love to have Smoot back.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

He just finished the 1st year of his new deal. Probably too much of a cap hit. Also their defense played well when they went on that winning streak. He wont be available. We should be able to draft a decent cb in the 3rd or 4th round. Ade Jimoh has improved by leaps and bounds compared to last season. He is also a good special teams player. Even if Harris is cut for cap reasons we should be able to find a decent dime back in the draft or in free agency.

If we had the chance with the money being right... I'd say take Smoot back. He plays with a big heart and plays hurt! I don't know exactly whats went on in Minnesota with him... But, not alot went right up there for too many people...

I dont think we need to address our CB situation this offseason other than some more depth maybe. In the coming years though we will need to either use another high pick or sign a FA to replace Springs as the starting CB. Unless he's able to play as long and at such a great level as Darrell Green did, and I don't think he'll be able to do that. Most mortals can't.

To answer the question though about Smoot. I didnt follow his play this year and he didn't make the best off-field decisions, so I'd say no. I did like him when he was with us though.

Depends on how much he is looking for.

We have a pretty tight cap next year and with a couple of key additions (pass rush on the D'Line and an upgrade at WR) are back as legit contenders. Smoot is good cover corner if he can get his head back on straight and would make a nice rotation with Springs and Rodgers.

I understand he throws a good party as well.

Given is off field issues he might be available at a price which makes him attractive and given his history with us he might like to get back to familiar territory.

HTTR

Martin

Another waste of a few megabytes. Here we are in the eve of the biggest Redskins game in 6 years, and behold a stupid thread begging us to join in a ridiculous theoretical exercise on whether or not we should consider getting back Fred Smoot.

Get a life.

It's a question man, damn. Get off your high horse and lighten up a bit. Stop bashing other peoples threads. Besides, we have all seen alot worse threads than this one. And whats so wrong with killing a little more time until the big game? I think the man has just as much of a life as you do. You seem to hang out at the same places that he does and everything. :)

Of course we should bring him back.. Why not, we had a great secondary last year, that would be amazing depth. DOn't know if he would want to play nickel though.

With the better play of Phillip Daniels lately, I believe we should just draft a DE in the second round and some later rounds, and alow them to develop. We've got a good core of so called "joe Gibb's Players", let's start building from within.

Well, one thing is for sure...if Smooty ever came back to Washington, I would sure want to be at whatever celebration party that he is throwing. Apparently, he throws one hell of a shin-dig. :)

I don't think he calls them shin-digs. Smoot uses words like "Crunk".

This is a very interesting question. Normally, the Redskins are 5 to 6 deep at the corner position, but this year were basically 4 strong. I like the corners we have and like loyalty. After Bailey left, I'm sure he was influencing Smoot to get a few more mil. from another team. My attitude is if you want to stay, you'll stay. Smoot left and Bailey left and I'll be honest, I wasn't sad when Smoot got hurt this year.

I don't want to even consider the possibility until our games are done with. I did like Smoot when he was a Redskins player, but I'd have mixed feelings about someone leaving and then wanting to come back. Right now I'd say no. To all that are loyal. . .

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Archived