Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade CP for any single player in the league?

21KillzCowboys

I get grilled for talking about trading somebody on our bench and nobody says nothing about somebody starting a thread about the #4 RB in the leauge. :doh: :doh:

With that being said I will not trade Portis he is more important to us then Yards and Touchdowns. His leadership skills and attitude is perfect for the skins. I night be a little to giving on the leadership, but the other ones are true.

Yeah I guess I'm just misreading your list of 14. I see 4 DE's on your list. So what's the point? Why wasn't it 14 DE's? This is hardly the best offensive line the Skins have ever had, yet Portis is now the record holder for a running back. Yeah, you're right, I'm just a homer.

I would trade him for a thread that doesn't bash the players on our team that have led us into the playoffs. Seriously, these stupid Madden trade ideas are SO tired and ridiculous. I know, I know, I'm just fueling the fire etc. etc. but seriously, have some respect for the players that have worked so hard to bring some glory back to the Redskins. I wouldn't trade Portis for anyone, and no, its not because I'm a homer, its cause I appreciate and respect what he has done for this team. There's a difference. He may not be the best in the league, but he's ours, and his loyalty should be given back to him by the fans. For every "thank portis" thread someone else posts a thread about how we should be trading our players like baseball cards. I know the thread starter did this in good fun, but others pushed some buttons of mine. Respect the team and the people that play for it or get off this board; I'm tired of all these negative nancies talking about how we should trade away our players. Maybe people should start applying for GM jobs????

Had to get that off my chest, HTTR and come saturday night I'll be drinking a beer to VICTORY!!!!

I would trade him for a thread that doesn't bash the players on our team that have led us into the playoffs. Seriously, these stupid Madden trade ideas are SO tired and ridiculous. I know, I know, I'm just fueling the fire etc. etc. but seriously, have some respect for the players that have worked so hard to bring some glory back to the Redskins. I wouldn't trade Portis for anyone, and no, its not because I'm a homer, its cause I appreciate and respect what he has done for this team. There's a difference. He may not be the best in the league, but he's ours, and his loyalty should be given back to him by the fans. For every "thank portis" thread someone else posts a thread about how we should be trading our players like baseball cards. I know the thread starter did this in good fun, but others pushed some buttons of mine. Respect the team and the people that play for it or get off this board; I'm tired of all these negative nancies talking about how we should trade away our players. Maybe people should start applying for GM jobs????

Had to get that off my chest, HTTR and come saturday night I'll be drinking a beer to VICTORY!!!!

^ I agree with him I will not talk about any trades unless I here something juciy and have to get it off my chest.^

Absolutely not! Clinton is the heart and soul of our team.

It's nice to see a well thought out and written post from one of our newer members.

21KillzCowboys, pay no attention to some of these bonehead replies, especially the ones who talk about when you joined Extremeskins. You obviously know Redskin football. Keep on writing'em just like this one.

That is the most assnine question I've ever heard.

Not even worth a response.

Hail Portis!:point2sky

I think some of you are totally missing the meaning of the post. It's a rhetorical question and the poster is saying: No, I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Read everything before you say anything!

I kinda chuckled at the "Tater Bell" name. That was nice.

Jumbo,

Surely you recognize that not every criticism or concern is made invalid by Clinton raising his game. According to him, he has learned to accept coaching more from Byner and to do some things the staff wants him to do. beyond that, the coaches have also run a lot of the zone blocking to accomodate him.

It was pretty clear, no matter how good he has been that he was struggling in the early going with his balance and some leg injuries that affected it as well.

I love on this board how if a criticism is valid at one point in time, it's made INVALID by later showings. No, it's not retroactive fellas.

Now if someone out there said "Clinton is never going to work here!" then they weren't thinking right. But to say at a time earlier in the year that there were some small issues is not insane nor was it wrong.

I don't view myself as one of those panicking types making the absolute statements some made. I never advocate a trade or said anyone sucked, but I was concerned about his balance and he seems also to have let of double-grabbing the ball when he gets to the second level unless it's truly necessary. That also seems to have helped his balance this year. Which fit right into my theory. (though the added weight and leg nicks factor in as well.)

No. I wouldn't even think of it. On the field it's hard eough to find backs who can have the speed to run edge plays. The power to run up the gut. And the vision to find holes and elusiveness to make players miss.

Then it' even harder to find a back who can catch. But to put all these qualities with great blocking back and who will go out there and do anything during the week.

And somone who can keep the players (and some fans who need it too.) loose during the week.

There is only one Portis. And There is no single player I would trade him for. It would take multiple players to make up all these qualities and were lucky enough to get it all in one.

I kinda chuckled at the "Tater Bell" name. That was nice.

Jumbo, Surely

Now what have I told you about that :D . I'll get back to your post later, bro. I found your wording/phrasing par-tic-u-lar-ly interesting, from an argument POV. And to the extent I could devote attention to it right now, I see you narrowed the roadways of interchange to make it hard for a guy my size to get through without bumping stuff :laugh:

But I find enough to dissent with to keep you alert ;)

No...even if there are more talented players out there, the thing the Redskins need most right now is some consistency--not foolish consistency, just consistency. I'm not talking about keeping a QB who has a passer rating in the 40's, or keeping a coach who has 10 straight losing seasons, I'm talking about keeping talent where we have it. CP is a talented back who is used to the system. To bring in another back at this point, even if he is more talented, would be to have to introduce him to our system. I'm also looking forward to CP becoming one of those "true Redskins" who becomes associated with this team when he's recognized after he retires. I'd love to see him spend his career here. I'd love to see Portis become to Washington what Emmitt Smith is to Dallas, or Jurgensen to us--one of those players who is immediately associated with one team.

Read the post before you criticize. My point is that there is NO ONE in the league that would be equal to Portis in a trade!

Randy Moss

dude, cp plays every play. randy doesn't, and he had a not so great year.

Reggie Bush :o
I guess what im trying to say, is that its not as easy to find good pass rushing ends or game changing QB's or great OLineman then it is to get a pretty good RB.

am i the only one that sees the contradiction here? besides, would you really trade a back that is one of 4 in history to rush for over 1300 yds in each of his first four season for a back that has never played a down in the nfl and comes out on 3rd downs in COLLEGE?

Archived