Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade CP for any single player in the league?

21KillzCowboys

With all that CP does for this team:

1. 1500 yards, 10 TD's

2. Tough blocks

3. Team leader

4. Locker room and media day MVP

5. 24 years old!

Is there any player in the league you would trade for him? The other elite running backs this year (Alexander, Tiki) are 29 and 30 years old. Even Larry Johnson is 26. Clinton probably has 7 or 8 great years left, hopefully all in DC.

At the beginning of this season, I would have said LT is the best overall, but after watching CP grow and mature into this system, I honestly believe CP is a better back. Next year, I think CP finally gets the elite superstar recognition that he deserves - It all comes with a winning team!

The only player I would consider in a straight-up trade would be Carson Palmer. I think he is going to be the stud QB in this league in the near future. Even as I type this though, I don't think I would do it.

Clinton Portis >>>> Chump Bailey + Tater Bell

Game prediction:

Skins 24

Bucs 13

:dallasuck

Oboy! Another opportunity for us rare Portis-Since-Day-One guys to just smile at all the "others" who inundated the board for 20+ months explaining all that was so lacking or wrong about the 'skins taking that deal. I have such a clear memory of all their points and objections. :blahblah: :D

I know some will feel the challenge to eventually come out of the closet again to explain how they are "still" very valid in those points. This, btw, is the most fun I've ever had doing a petty "I told you so" since I got here, especially having passed on so many other opportunities. :halo: :laugh:

Manning

Brady

LT

Freeney

S. Alexander

E. James

Randy Moss

M. Harrison

Larry Johnson

Reggie Bush :o

A. Boldin

Walter Jones

Julies Peppers

Rod Coleman

I guess what im trying to say, is that its not as easy to find good pass rushing ends or game changing QB's or great OLineman then it is to get a pretty good RB.

I dont care about how someone is on Thursdays on media day, I dont care bout dress up. I just want someone to produce.

The only guy I might possibly trade Portis for is Tom Brady. He's a smart QB, doesn't make bad throws, manages the game well, and comes from humble roots (6th round pick). He is exactly what Gibbs is looking for at QB. The only problem is, who would fill in for Portis at RB?

Manning

Brady

LT

Freeney

S. Alexander

E. James

Randy Moss

M. Harrison

Larry Johnson

Reggie Bush :o

A. Boldin

Walter Jones

Julies Peppers

Rod Coleman

I guess what im trying to say, is that its not as easy to find good pass rushing ends or game changing QB's or great OLineman then it is to get a pretty good RB.

I dont care about how someone is on Thursdays on media day, I dont care bout dress up. I just want someone to produce.

If you're looking for someone to produce, you obviously aren't watching the Skins games. WTF!!

If you're looking for someone to produce, you obviously aren't watching the Skins games. WTF!!

Oh okay, your right :rolleyes:

Yea, Clinton is the only RB that could produce behind our line.

I guess you are saying that someone like E. James or LT, Tiki Barber couldnt produce behind our line? Better yet, lets not take any Pro Bowlers, how about C. Dillion, Jamal Lewis when healthy, Rickey Williams, D. McCallister couldnt gain 1400, 1500 yards behind our line?

Its MUCH MUCH easier to get an great RB then it is a great DE in the draft.

You are obviously a homer.

The only guy I might possibly trade Portis for is Tom Brady. He's a smart QB, doesn't make bad throws, manages the game well, and comes from humble roots (6th round pick). He is exactly what Gibbs is looking for at QB. The only problem is, who would fill in for Portis at RB?

Betts has ran really well behind our line. I wouldnt mind seeing him getting a shot, he ran well when Portis went down at the end of the season last year.

S. Alexander is a FA, he is decent :o

Rudi Johnson is a FA, I would like to see what he would do behind this OL. I love his running style.

Well... In my opinion, we would need a whole gaggle of players for CP. We would not just be trading him, we would also lose Bro Sweets, Reverend Gonna Change, Dollah Bill, Dr. "I Don't Know, Jerome From Southeast DC, and Sheriff Gone Getcha.

Hell we could get about 7 players then.

Not worth it.

Stick with CP. He is starting to get with Gibbs program and is a much more complete back than the slasher that left the Broncos...

Archived