Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Last Time the Skins Scored 30+ Points 3 Times in a Row...

jrockster21

...was 1991, the last truly dominating Gibbs team, which I'm sure no one needs reminding shelacked a potent Bills team 37-24 in the superbowl. They opened up the season with 45 points against Detroit, 33 points against Dallas, 34 points against Phoenix and Cincinnatti.

I'm not comparing this team to the 91 Skins, just thought I'd point out that stat! I found it pretty encouraging!!!

What I find interesting is the Skins were No. 13 in the league in scoring, despite some severe struggles from time to time. The Redskins are a little more consistency away from being pretty damn good :).

And I believe we saw that in the last three games...which is why I feel extremely confident about not only the Tampa game but the entire post-season. If they can continue to play the way they did in the last three games, teams are in for a BIG surprise.

1991 was also the last time the Redskins won 5 or more in a row with all divisional opponents being a part of the streak. Whats interesting is that this year, even though Arizona is no longer in the division they were still one of the 5 we beat. Just like in 1991.

1991 was also the last time the Redskins won 5 or more in a row with all divisional opponents being a part of the streak. Whats interesting is that this year, even though Arizona is no longer in the division they were still one of the 5 we beat. Just like in 1991.

history tends to repeat itself :logo:

And I believe we saw that in the last three games...which is why I feel extremely confident about not only the Tampa game but the entire post-season. If they can continue to play the way they did in the last three games, teams are in for a BIG surprise.

Agreed.

The past 3 games (even if they have a stinker somewhere along the line in the postseason) are very encouraging for the direction of this team.

Now, vs. Dallas, everything was working. We struggled a little at times vs. New York. In both those games, we scored 35 points. Against the Eagles on the road, we scored 24 points on offense despite not playing well...that's impressive IMO.

Last year we had "good" offensive games where we didn't score 4 times on offense!

Agreed.

The past 3 games (even if they have a stinker somewhere along the line in the postseason) are very encouraging for the direction of this team.

Now, vs. Dallas, everything was working. We struggled a little at times vs. New York. In both those games, we scored 35 points. Against the Eagles on the road, we scored 24 points on offense despite not playing well...that's impressive IMO.

Last year we had "good" offensive games where we didn't score 4 times on offense!

Exactly -- what I've said repeatedly is that in the last three games, we saw ALL THREE components of the team -- offense, defense and special teams -- contribute to the W in some way. Against Dallas everything was humming. Against New York, our defense let some points get scored, but also came up with some huge takeaways. Obviously Portis and Moss and the offense were clicking. Against Philthy, The running game was unstoppable, special teams came up with a huge turnover, and the Defense put the offense in very good field position with turnovers. We didn't see that earlier in the season.

Helluva good stat! Thanx for bringing it to my attention.

There are many interesting stats about this team. Somebody told me that the 'skins have never swept Philly and Dallas in the same season before this year, for example.

It really does seem like a season of destiny, doesn't it??? Crazy...

Archived