Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pioneer Press: Smoot out in Minnasota?

Chrisbob74

Would have put this in the 'Around the NFL section but with Smoot being a former Redskin.............

Sorry to the mods if that's wrong, feel free to move if so.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/13551679.htm

From the article:

Smoot is under the impression the Vikings will have him back next season. But considering his alleged involvement in the Vikings' infamous Lake Minnetonka boating escapade, and the emergence of free agent Brian Williams, plus missing curfew, it will be interesting to see whether team owner Zygi Wilf tolerates Smoot for another season or makes a statement by trading him.

Seems a bit far fetched they would cut or trade him, but you never know.......

I'll sit here and watch all of the Smoot lovers defend him even though he is no longer a Redskin and took the money and ran. Not to mention he showed his true character in Minnesota.

Yet, people will criticize a certain #56 that is on our current roster just because he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Talk about double standards. :rolleyes:

Guest ComebackKing

I think the Vikings will have a totally different look come next season which is a shame because they were supposed to have everything in place this season but never really lived up to expectations.

Are you guys kidding? He's a good player, but you'd take him back now? It's asking for trouble we don't need during a team rebuild. There is no way Gibbs will take him back and even though I'm a fan of Smoot (and have his jersey) I'm glad they won't take him back.

I'd take him back. I think it was a case of the grass is always greener... plus, going a little nuts with all that money. I think Smoot does well with a disciplinarian. Tice I think was a little Norv like in that area and he got out of control.

Are you guys kidding? He's a good player, but you'd take him back now? It's asking for trouble we don't need during a team rebuild. There is no way Gibbs will take him back and even though I'm a fan of Smoot (and have his jersey) I'm glad they won't take him back.

I disagree, all the players (defensive) still talk about him and how much fun he was! If he affordable bring him back.

I'll sit here and watch all of the Smoot lovers defend him even though he is no longer a Redskin and took the money and ran. Not to mention he showed his true character in Minnesota.

Yet, people will criticize a certain #56 that is on our current roster just because he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Talk about double standards. :rolleyes:

:applause:

Trade him to us, his contract without the bonus would be easy to fit.

BINGO!!!!!

I'd pick up Smoot in a heartbeat. Springs is awesome, but has struggled with injuries and isn't getting any younger. Carlos is hopefully his heir apparent, but he'd do better as a nickel until the time comes, with Smoot lining up opposite Shawn.

Smoot is a guy I loved while he was here. He showed toughness and character.

Since he left though, all I've seen is greed, lack of character/judgment, and an inability to make it on to the field at times.

If I was an NFL exec for any team, I'd be wary of Mr. Smoot right about now. He hasn't seemed to show any remorse for the "boat incident" that I've seen.

BINGO!!!!!

I'd pick up Smoot in a heartbeat. Springs is awesome, but has struggled with injuries and isn't getting any younger. Carlos is hopefully his heir apparent, but he'd do better as a nickel until the time comes, with Smoot lining up opposite Shawn.

That is what I am thinking. Smoot is a good player, not great, but good and still one of my favorite Skins. I think he handled leaving the Skins with class and definately better than Peirce. I don't blame him for taking the money from the Vikings. I also don't think he all of a sudden he became a bad apple in Minnesota. He was just trying to build team chemistry and just did it in the wrong place. I will guarantee you that those parties are common in the NFL, it is just most of the time done on private property with the service staff knowing ahead of time what they are getting into.

Smooty coming back to the Skins would probably be similiar to Trotter going back to the Eagles.

I would take him back in a second as long as it's cheap, and it could happen. Look how well the Trotter situation worked out in Philly for both sides (only the skins got screwed on that one). But don't kid yourself, other teams will be interested for the right price, there will be other offers. NFL caliber corners don't grow on trees. But I'd bet that he'd play his guts out for us. Will be interesting.

Man, money just makes some people act xrazy. Especially in a new area where you don't know everybody. He was just tryin to please the team so he could help them bond.

Would I take him back. In less than a heartbeat. This is one of the guys that we can afford this offseason. Hey Ziggy, go ahead and give us a call.

Archived