Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pioneer Press: Smoot out in Minnasota?

Chrisbob74

So if Smoot is skipping curfew and this and that up there...what makes people think that he wasn't that way here? Ya'll need to get over Smoot.

I agree with this post.

The report was that he tried to hide his absence by hiding pillows under the covers in his bed. Nice try, Smooty Flakes... :vikesuck:

Well . . . on the one hand I'd love to have him back. We can see what happens to our secondary with an injury or two.

Two things concern me.

1. Character. Umm . . . Smoot never had a sex boat issue here. Is he lacking in personal character?

2. Salary Cap. The way I see it, the Skins have 2 primary offseason concerns: Defensive end and a number 2 wideout. If we can get Smootie back without jepordizing those two things than I say take him. Rogers can spend a year in the nickle.

Aside from all his talk and antics, Smoot can play the game. He was a fool to leave the best organization with the best Defensive Coordinator. He would have not only learned to be a better football player, he would have learned to become a better man! Dumb$ss!!

could it be put any better? chuuuuuuuuuurch

Guest ComebackKing

I would take Champ back over Freddy but heck if he gets da boot from Minny sure why not bring him back? SMoooooooooo0000000T!!!

I'd love to have him back here as our nickleback, hell with our injury prone starters he could start a couple games.

I'd bring him back at a modest price and let him and Carlos fight it out for the #2 spot. Carlos is going to be a star one day. Fred plays at a high level, just not an elite level. Springs will not be around here man, many, more years due to his age. Smoot is also the last remaining corner to receive on the job training from D. Green. I would let Smoot come back and fight for a starting job. If he wins, he's right back where he should have been all along, if he loses to Carlos, then he is the best nickel corner in the league.

Aside from all his talk and antics, Smoot can play the game. He was a fool to leave the best organization with the best Defensive Coordinator. He would have not only learned to be a better football player, he would have learned to become a better man! Dumb$ss!!

Ya know, it's funny how a few months changes things. In Sept. & Oct. & probably in Nov as well, people were saying that WE were the dolts for letting him go. Shoulda put up the dough some have said. :doh: Now, we're disussing the possibility that he will be hung out to dry by another organization that is trying to clean itself out. What'dya know? Our FO really DOES know what it's doing!

Smoot was a member of our higher ranking D last year......Our secondary would be as deep as our running backs if Smootie came back, and there wouldn't be much of a learning curve to go through. He could hit the ground running.

Of course, I'd first wanna know if the public spectacle he was involved in has taught him how to better conduct himself.

Hmmmm. lets see:

Adding a good player...... who was always a fan favorite here...... at a position that we have no depth at...... that is vitally important to run the schemes Gregg Williams wants to run..... for a modest cap hit..... who never caused problems or had issues here..... that is already familiar with the staff, players, and schemes.....why would we want to do that?

Archived