Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vince Young would have a broken leg by week 3 in the NFL!

smartestmaninamerica

It was fun watching Vince Young run over all those little boys on USC. If he tried running that much in the NFL he would have a broken (something) by week 3.

There is a reason QB's take the slide in the NFL. It's friggin dangerous out there! Young seems to have the speed and maneuverability of a M. Vick, and he is bigger and a far better passer so I think he will do well, but he is going to have to learn to make the run a second option rather than a first or he is gonna get his bell rung bigtime.

Never-the-less he is sure to be a serious weapon on offense. After this game, I am betting he would be drafted ahead of Bush if he chose to come out early.

Bush may have cost himself the #1 pick with that bone-headed lateral play. Lienhart looked very Joe Montana-ish as usual.

If it were up to me, I would pick him first, then Young, the Bush.

Bush is a great runner but Texas speed shut him down going around the corner. Players are 40% faster in the NFL.

Vince Young looks like he is going to be everything Vick was supposed to be in the NFL. An amazing athlete that can actually be a QB. Those claiming he can't throw need to explain the mans stats.

65% 3000+ 26TD

Vick never did that. Vick never came close to that. The team that doesn't draft Young first is going to look stupid years later.

Maybe he will have to get down in the pros, but who's to say he won't? He was playing in a college game last night, so why would he change the way he played? He played great and the Longhorns won, alot in thanks to him. Vince seems like an extremely smart guy, and his coaches will tell him he can't run like that in the NFL and he needs to get down.

Reggie Bush didn't cost himself anything with that lateral. It was one mistake, and one in a national championship game where he was trying to make a play. A big mistake? Yeah. But it's something he won't go doing again. And let's not forget, he's still young, he's going to make bonehead mistakes from time to time.

Just to talk about your statement.

Vince Young is bigger and heavier than Vick...

Vince Young makes passes Vick has in only 1 game this year.

It was 11 USC vs. Young.. how many people tackled him?

Vince Young is not bigger, he's pretty skinny for his height and yes, if he tries to run against teams in the NFL like that he will get injured in a hurry. His throwing mechanics need a whole lot of work as well before he's goin anywhere.

Btw, USC has a pretty bad defense, would like see him try that against the Skins D in a game. I have a feeling it would be pretty fun to watch.

Vince Young is not bigger, he's pretty skinny for his height and yes, if he tries to run against teams in the NFL like that he will get injured in a hurry. His throwing mechanics need a whole lot of work as well before he's goin anywhere.

Btw, USC has a pretty bad defense, would like see him try that against the Skins D in a game. I have a feeling it would be pretty fun to watch.

WHAT?

Vince Young 6 5 233

Michael Vick 6 0 210

So dont mind me if i don't agree with the rest of your statements either.

Vince Young is a COLLEGE player... and a great one at that. Those who compare him to players in the NFL do so in ignorance. That is like comparing apples to oranges. You just can't do it. IF (and that is a big if considering VINCE wants to stay in school) he decides it is time... don't you think he will adapt as so many before him have done? I mean come on... Don't most of our great players get better with experience??? (The difference between a seasoned player and a rookie)

IMHO, I believe Vince is a smart man by wanting to stay in school. Get your education first and foremost... Utilize the time to work on your game... Now that you know you have what it takes and everyone else knows it too... You can push yourself harder to prepare for his inevitable future (with Washington) *Smirks*

:2cents: Misty :2cents:

My four cents - Inflation

Btw, Young is 6'5" 230 (more like 225)

Vick 6'0" 215

:rolleyes:

o.k. I only went by ESPN stats... and if you want to nitpick it.

That still qualifies as

Bigger

and weighs more...

I was just refuting obviously wrong information and my opinion on his style vs. Vicks is just that...

It was fun watching Vince Young run over all those little boys on USC. If he tried running that much in the NFL he would have a broken (something) by week 3.

There is a reason QB's take the slide in the NFL. It's friggin dangerous out there! Young seems to have the speed and maneuverability of a M. Vick, and he is bigger and a far better passer so I think he will do well, but he is going to have to learn to make the run a second option rather than a first or he is gonna get his bell rung bigtime.

Never-the-less he is sure to be a serious weapon on offense. After this game, I am betting he would be drafted ahead of Bush if he chose to come out early.

Bush may have cost himself the #1 pick with that bone-headed lateral play. Lienhart looked very Joe Montana-ish as usual.

If it were up to me, I would pick him first, then Young, the Bush.

Bush is a great runner but Texas speed shut him down going around the corner. Players are 40% faster in the NFL.

Yes Vince will have to learn to be a better passer in the NFL and not rely on his legs som much, (see Randal Cunnigham) DUH....every QB going from college to the pros has to learn to become a better passer.

Now as far a Lienhart looking "montanaish" you may be right there not a very strong arm,surrounded by some of the best offensive weapons in college,and has a great offensive line, a great 1-2 punch at RB and thats about where the list ends.....if this were a "Pro" game as you say with VY then Lienhart would have been Picked off about 5 times and had about 4-6 coverage sacks. Montana was much more mobile than Lienhart, did you see him try an scramble,hehe.....and he seems to lose his composure a bit under pressure a bit of a cry baby. He also shows great leadership skills by cutting on his defense after the game.

Lienhart=Tim Couch he had better hope he gets drafted by a team with some talent and an O-line or he will not have time to become a very average Pro QB..

I wouldn't take Young or Leinhardt. Both are going to be big busts.

Remember, Young is doing what MANY college QB's do. The NFL is different. His passing mechanics are awful. That ain't going to fly.

How MANY college QB's finished with more 3000+yards 65cmp% 26TD passing AND 1000+yards 12TD rushing?

That can't be common.

You guys are nuts.

Leinart is a Carson Palmer clone. He is going to be a stud in the NFL.

He has nowhere near the arm streng or mobility of Palmer(65 yard toss on one knee), he can become an efficient Pro but he will need help, his upside is nowhere near VY and he is not a one man show. Thats why he will need a good line around him with a run game, if he does not get that he can easily be a bust. It took Palmer 3 years with a solid coach and a building franchise, Lienhart will only be so lucky to find that where he could be drafted. Im not saying he could not be a pro QB, I dont see him being a perenial Pro bowler, but average yes as long as he gets in the right situation..........

Remeber...any QB taken in the 1st round of a pro draft was a "stud" in college but the pros are a different game (see Tom Brady) as a former Div-1 player I am just calling it how I see it with Lienhart.

Leinart has a lot of things going for him though.

He runs a pro-style offense that is allegedly more complex than what a lot of teams in the Pro's run. He also can throw the ball accurately on rollouts - a key to being a solid if not stud NFL QB.

Vince Young will not last the season if he plays like he did in college. Moreover, Young is going to have to change his throwing motion or he is going to have a lot of tipped passes (even though he is 6'5"). Sidearm QB's are rarely sucessful in the modern NFL (I can only think of one - Doug Flutie - as being a sucessful QB).

I like Young - he reminds me a lot of McNabb in that he kills you running if you take away the routes. If Young is very selective of when he runs - he will be a stud too in the NFL.

I just think that Leinart will be more sucessful. He is already pro QB ready.

Just my .02

You guys are aware that the NFL is DYING for good quarterbacks, right? I think VY will come out. He accomplished what he wanted to and a guy that runs like he does is just begging for a career-ending injury if he stays in college next year. Why not lock up the multi-million dollar contract and endorsement deals now?

I would not be suprised if it goes VY #1, RB #2 and Lienhart #3.

You guys are aware that the NFL is DYING for good quarterbacks, right? I think VY will come out. He accomplished what he wanted to and a guy that runs like he does is just begging for a career-ending injury if he stays in college next year. Why not lock up the multi-million dollar contract and endorsement deals now?

I would not be suprised if it goes VY #1, RB #2 and Lienhart #3.

I know if it was me I would cash out unless I had some insurance on me like they did with Manning.

Archived