Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your first away game?

Mania

2000 @ Philly. I won the Papa John's trivia question on the Fox pregame show with Andy Pollin the week before. I had fifth row seats right behind the Skins' bench and got to stay at the team hotel.

We dominated most of the game but Michael Husted kept missing field goals. It was McNabb's first year as the full-time starter and late in the 4th quarter the Eagles had the ball. Instead of kneeling and going to OT, the Eagles decided to go for the win and McNabb threw up the biggest duck I've ever seen and Darrell Green caught it on the sideline like a punt returner fair catching a punt. He returned it pretty far and Husted finally made a FG to win it.

1982 season opener at the Vet against the Eagles. Great game, includes the Eagles trying some trickery on 4th and short in their end of the field and failing, and Moseley nailing a 48-yarder at the gun to send it to OT, and then hitting another to win it. Skins 37-34......the start of what would be a memorable season.

My first game was that Tennessee game that Blade attended (2002). Myself and 4 others drove down....Tenn. fans were real nice....too nice.

Ive also been too...

Atlanta (2003 - won)

Carolina (2003 - lost)

Cleveland (2004 - lost)

NYG (2005 - lost...worst experience of my life)

BAL - (2005 preseason).

Going to either SB this year or New Orleans next year...whichever comes first.

Cant really remember 1st but I moved to NYC from DC 11 yrs ago. I've had the pleasure of knowing Giants players since 98. they've always given my tickets when ever the Skins come to town. (in the family sec with all my Burgundy and Gold) Before then, I had a friend that worked for the NFL. Got alot of unauthorized field passes(sweet) Now I have friends on the Skins. Its like a dream come true. LaVar, Omar, Ade, Ryan keep me in some great seats and boxes. But can't seem to get my clipboard holding passes together.LOL

But i will never forget RFK bleachers rocking during Championship game with dallas. if you look close you'll see me with an orange vendor vest..... I sold pretzles...lol

and if any of you dudes had me run all the way up to the 300's just to tell me to call the beer Man for you .... I have a speacial pretzle for you......

Now you're taxing my memory...

There was one year... mid to late 70s while I was in college, that I attended 1 away game in Baltimore (memorial stadium), Philadelphia (the Vet), New York (Jets) and New York (Giants)...

(Though the Jets may have been the year before or year after.. not entirely sure).

A couple of years ago, I saw B. Smith get the sack record at NYG. That was my one and only Skins road game.

That's funny, because I watched him set the sack record two weeks earlier in Miami...I guess they reset it so he could break it again or something. (EDIT: My bad -- after reviewing the game, they credited him with only half a sack so he tied the record, and didn't break it. Horse****!!)

The 2003 Miami game was my first Skins away game...and it blew big time. 13 point lead in the 4th quarter, and Ricky Williams becomes a manimal and tears the Skins apart, rushing for like a million yards and 2 TDs in the 4th to win the game. Ugh.

To top it all off, I had to fight my way through a million obnoxious frontrunner Phin fans after the game, and couldn't punch anyone because I was with my gf at the time and she hated when I fought people. So on my best behavior, I left the stadium. If I was with male friends, I would have probably gotten my ass kicked, so I should be happy. Regardless, I will never go to a game in ProPlayer again. It sucks ass there.

Well I grew up in Seattle, so my first Redskins away game was in 1989. If I remember correctly, it was Dexter Manley and Mark May's last game as a Skin. It was also Neal Olkewicz last game period. They had a big ceremony for Steve Largent that night and when they announced the Redskins players, me and my mother stood up cheering for our guys. It was a blast. Even back then I went to the games in my war paint. I believe we beat the hell out of Seattle that day :D .

Skins vs. Chargers 1985?? Skins pulled out a late game victory vs. Dan Fouts & Company...Great game....

Got Sam Huff & Sonny's autograph in the airport that night on our way to Vegas :notworthy

That was a great game. I have it on tape actually. It was in 86 though I believe, thats what the label on the tape says.

Miami for a Monday night game at Joe Robbie Stadium in Oct 1993. I was on holiday with my girlfriend of the time in Orlando. Did not have a ticket but borrowed a car and drove to Miami and bought a ticket from a scalper in the parking lot.

Cary Conklin started at QB for that night and produced what was possibly the worse impersonation of a QB I have ever seen. Rich Gannon replaced him in the second half and threw a TD but it was too litle too late.

Great experience though. Had a great time pre game playing some pick up football with other Skins AND Dolphin fans and was made to feel very welcome at some tailgates!

Happy days ...

HTTR

Martin

Archived