Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your first away game?

SkinsFanMania

My first away game was in 1994 in Indianapolis when Gus Frerotte had his first start and it was big win for the skins as it was unexpected.

I was working for Marriott International in Bethesda, MD and we filled up two busloads and several coolers of beer for each bus. We were also interviewed and seen on the news at the tailgate by several of my friends.

1978 - Silverdome against the Lions - We were 5-0 going into that game. Gary Danielson was the QB for Detroit and was picking us apart. Mike Thomas and Benny Malone scored on two consecutive drives for a comeback victory. I thought we'd be in the SB that year. Only we went on to lose the next 8 of 10 games to finish 8-8

Pat Ramsey's first game in Tennessee, Spurrier's inaugural year.... He comes in for an injured Matthews (or was it Danny W?) and proceeds to tear up the Titans. Titans have a great stadium and classy fans, but of course its always easier to feel that way after a win :)

EDIT: Scratch that.... I just remembered that I was also at that debacle in AZ in Norv's last year where we lost due to another Davis goal line fumble and a gazillion missed kicks. The following year, I was down in New Orleans with some buddies for New Years during Marty's last year and saw the Skins win a meaningless game at the Dome, and was at Cleveland for a pre-season game that year also if I remember right.....

Pat Ramsey's first game in Tennessee, Spurrier's inaugural year.... He comes in for an injured Matthews (or was it Danny W?) and proceeds to tear up the Titans. Titans have a great stadium and classy fans, but of course its always easier to feel that way after a win :)

I was at that game too blade. we're practically brothers!! :)

*edit* my father in law was able to score tickets on club level 50 yard line. It made hanging out with my in laws tolerable :silly:

It was Danny W.

Danny actually looked really good in that game early on. When Ramsey came in I did a big :doh: :doh: :doh:.

Great fans in TN. A lot of good natured smack talk... I really had a good time. I was the only person wearing a 'skins jersey in my section, except for one other guy who was extremely obnoxious. It was seriously embarassing... he started telling everyone in the 4th quarter that 'the nation's capital came down and showed you all whats up, didn't they?" blah blah blah.

I didn't think I'd ever want to punch a Redskins fan... but that guy made the list.

Archived