Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams signs 3 year extension!!!!!

SkinsD

Snyder is a skins fan just like us. The mistakes he has made have all been about money (that we have seen he puts back into the team) and his desire to win. He is learning how to be a winning owner by using his money to get people to make the football decisions for him and not by making football decisions himself.

Give any one of us the team and that kind of money and we make alot of the mistakes he has made. He gave us Gibbs and he gives Gibbs everything he wants including Williams to make us a winner again. We need to let him off the hook for his growing pain mistakes and appreciate what he has done lately. I would hate to hear him booed if he is ever at midfield at halftime presenting Green or Monk with their HOF congrats.

How do you guys reconcile this clause in the contract?

No need to, really. There were prime jobs avaible this year. Jobs he's mentioned would be nice such as Houston. Nothing is impossible, but IMO, this tells me he's comitted to being here and taking over. Otherwise, it would make much more sense to take one of the current jobs. Let's face it, the KC job is prime. Good team that already is competitive. If there isn't a meltdown of some sort, I fully expect he'll stay and take over when Coach Gibbs decides to hang up his hat.

And no coach would ever put in a clause that prevented him from interviewing elsewhere, for the length of the contract. That would be more than stupid.

Sarcasm message: This is just more proof that Snyder is all about the money and ripping off the fans. He is the worst owner in football. A meddler and a do nothing. My God, he sells twelve dollar hot dogs and eight dollar beers. He cares nothing about the 'skins. He only wants to make a buck off their hard working fans. Open your eyes people.

Sincere post: This is a nice rainy day surprise.

Great job by Mr.Snyder and Gibbs to keep Coach Williams here..where he belongs.:)

Not only does that get a distraction out of the way(to both the team and the fanbase), it also makes me plumb giddy thinking about these playoffs and next season...when we hopefully add that pass rushing DE to Williams' defense and watch him take these guys to a whole new level yet again!!!!!!!!

I remember reading somewhere that Greg said he would talk to Dan and Joe before going on any interviews. That said he would now have to take a pay cut to become the H/C on another team. Greg will make a fine replacement for when Joe decides to retire. Kudos all the way around. What a great group of Redskins we have. From the owner on down.

No need to, really. There were prime jobs avaible this year. Jobs he's mentioned would be nice such as Houston. Nothing is impossible, but IMO, this tells me he's comitted to being here and taking over. Otherwise, it would make much more sense to take one of the current jobs. Let's face it, the KC job is prime. Good team that already is competitive. If there isn't a meltdown of some sort, I fully expect he'll stay and take over when Coach Gibbs decides to hang up his hat.

And no coach would ever put in a clause that prevented him from interviewing elsewhere, for the length of the contract. That would be more than stupid.

I understand all of that, and agree with your logic except for your last paragraph My question is why only a one-year moritorium on interviewing for hc jobs? I don't think that it would be "more than stupid". Is it at least possible that Coach Gibbs only coaches one more year? I think that an out- and-out refusal to at least consider that as a possibilty is more than stupid.

Archived