Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs piece on ESPN

Warhead36

After the interview...

Tom Jackson: "I am surprised he has made the adjustments."

:\

Good interview though, with some words from Jansen and Ray Brown.

To be fair, Berman asked him if he was surprised first...I doubt he would have used the word "surprised" if it had not been asked in that way. He also said that the job Gibbs made in turning the team around in the offseason after last year's effort was "incredible" (or some word to that effect)...and Berman said the Skins were playing with the confidence that a coach who won three Super Bowls would display and you could hear TJ off-camera sincerely agree by saying "That's right"...

Good lord...I think many of us are acting the way we accuse the media of acting...that is, having our preconcieved biases make us unable to see when something positive is occurring and trying to find whatever negative we can to continue justifying our positions. So TJ wasn't as eloquent in his praise as we'd like...whoopie-freakin-do...lol :)

Possibly, and when it comes down to it I could care less. He does seem to be a little, well, all over the map. One minute saying something nice, and the next he says something else. Though I will say he has been a bit tough on them all year and I guess with the Skins playing for a playoff birth today, I just don't want to hear anything like "surprised". :)

you know, I can't for the life of me understand why any of us care what TJ thinks. Really. What's the big deal here, people? It's known that if TJ doesn't like you to do well in the beginning of the season, he rarely changes his mind during it.

I'm sorry, but are we in the playoffs yet? Did we clinch the division? People are getting carried away here!! We didn't do anything to deserve respect. If we win today then we will deserve some respect.

Let's get a win today and then we can ask for more, but until that time, we are a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 1999. You earn respect, it's not given to you.

Archived