Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bottom Line - Of the two, which are you a fan of?

TK

Redskins first.

Lavar Second.

If Lavar leaves... whereever he goes.. I'll be the first to root against his team.

Just as in the past... since the 1960's...

it's always been Redskins, but I've always had "favorite players" (Sonny, Riggo, Art Monk, Dave Butz, Len Hauss, Darrell Green to name a few).

But it doesn't mean I don't love the Redskins if a player I love goes "bad".

Redskins fan Redskins fan Redskins fan

I will always be a Redskins fan.

I will always be an Arrington fan until he is no longer a Redskin.

Why not start another "interesting poll" like:

Who are you a fan of: Gibbs or Redskins Or maybe Green or Monk Or maybe

Sanders or Bailey Or maybe.............

Edit: Bubba: WOW - I don't remember seeing her before... a little computer magic? Could that be don to my wife? :laugh: J/K (incase she sees this)

Wow. Can't believe that so far 31 people have chosen one player over the team. :doh:

Is that Lavar's entourage voting??

Um, I'd consider it a PROTEST vote (or fans of other teams, we have more than our share.)

I was about to vote Lavar too. To protest the thread.

This isn't about Lavar.

It's about every GD debate we have on this forum. People who conflate "team" with "what everyone says is best for the team" on the forum. I remember the same thread with the QB situation. As if you can't POSSIBLY have your own opinion outside of the coach or outside of the mods or outside of the 'mainstream' or the Sept 2005 noobs.

I pretty much think the answer is pretty damn obvious!..........and why do we even start player controversy? Is that not the media and opposing franchise's mentality? As of now, our current situation and goal is to earn a playoff birth! Don't you think it's ironic that these things come out before real important games ten fold as opposed to your everyday regular sports bandter? Honestly ask yourself why?...........true insight is found without distraction.:2cents:

If it was joe gibbs or the redskins i would go with the redskins.

Its not lavar arrington VS. the redskins. Lavar is just scared he might be gone next year. Well he has the right to be scared because everyone from ESPN analysts to average joes say he won't be. No player can ever be more to me than the team but lavar is still my boy.

If it was Lavar vs. the skins then i would have a problem with lavar but last i checked he was on this team and is getting ready for sunday.

How is it that 30% of people here are bigger fans of lavar than the redskins? THis isn't asking who you support. I am a huge lavar fan, i have 8 jerseys and 4 of em are his. I love lavar and still think he will be here next year but i am a fan of nothing more than i am a fan of the washington redskins. No player, no coach, and no owner.

I can't help but again state what I have on so many of the other LA threads. Right NOW, wether you like him or not, he is a part of this team. That being said, we need him, and every other player on theis TEAM, to play well in order for us to be successful this weekend and the weeks to come. Period. Start these polls and threads AFTER the season is over. :2cents:

:eaglesuck :point2sky

How is it that 30% of people here are bigger fans of lavar than the redskins? THis isn't asking who you support. I am a huge lavar fan, i have 8 jerseys and 4 of em are his. I love lavar and still think he will be here next year but i am a fan of nothing more than i am a fan of the washington redskins. No player, no coach, and no owner.

No Skins fan is seriously voting for Lavar OVER the Skins. It's a protest vote against the thread. At least, that's what my thinking was going to be (I have not registered a vote, though.)

True but somehow Lavar has 32% of the vote. That by itself is pretty disturbing. I guess if we get rid of Lavar then a lot of these so called Redskins fans will have to go to another teams board so they can root for their "Boy".

What a beautiful site that exodus would be. And imagine Lavar having to share the spotlight someone like Shawn Merrimen? That would be some delicious comedy.

I choose the Redskins with Lavar on the team.

I got one, Who do you like as a better owner Jack Kent Cooke or Dan Snyder so far? A little more fair then "Who do you like, a player who has had some issues as of late, or your favorate team/franchise?"

I believe it was Jerry Seinfeld who talked about "rooting for the laundry". We all do this to some extent. The issue that fans like myself has involves when and how this team got Lavar Arrington. I am a huge college football fan and I loved watching Lavar play at PSU. I could only dream of him playing for my beloved Redskins. Then, when the team was going through its most tumultuous period of my lifetime, a so called savior was sent to the team. I just knew that Lavar was going to be a difference maker. I bought his jersey before he ever played a snap. I watched him say the right things and play with the heart and toughness I wanted to see. I was slouched in my seat in the upper bowl of fedex field when he picked off that pass against the Panthers. I watched as my beloved skins marketed Lavar as the future. I thought this was great. I thought it couldn't get any better. I knew he would eventually reach that defensive POY status. Then came Joe Gibbs return. Announced on my birthday no less. I sat in my car for two hours, in my driveway listening to sports talk 980 swoon over the messiahs return. I had visions of Lavar and the skins being playoff bound. Then came what I feel is one of the worst days of my life. The first Giants game last season. We had 7 turnovers and Lavar was basically lost for the season. I then got my hopes up again when he was ready to return this season. Lavar didn't do so well with being worked back into the lineup. He said some wrong things. Then he got back in the lineup and I personally feel that when he has been on the field this season he has played some of his best ball yet. He makes solid tackles, stays in position and gives our D another dimension. Now Lavar has made a critical mistake and is digging a hole that he doesn't mean to dig. He is not an intellectual, he is not good with words. He is not even bad with words, he is atrocious with words. I only hope that coach Joe and GW can reel him in and I can see a string of playoff and Superbowl seasons with Joe Gibbs, Lavar Arrington and a bunch of fellow fans at Fed Ex with our 56 jerseys worn loud and proud.

I don't like the postion this poll puts me in. I think fans should be able to have a favorite player and never be forced to choose between the two. I refuse to answer. I also refuse to let go of my hopes for a happy union between the two.

My only comment on Lavar is this....

Lavar meant hope to the Redskins when the Redskins meant hopeless. Lavar meant a turning point in the franchise. Lavar gave us something to cheer for. It is unfortunate in how it turned out. But Lavar was our hope when we had none.

I am not on the Lavar bandwagon after his antics, and I have posted long ago that this was his last year in Washington. And while I think it makes sense for him to move on. I will always be thankful for Lavar and the hope he provided to our team.

Lets go Redskins!!!!

Archived