Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blaming the refs

ljer

From a USA Today chat: http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=546

frederick, maryland: Hey Larry, so does anyone really want to play the skins in the playoffs? since they beat both chicago and seattle this year, i don't think either team wants to deal with santa-clause and the rest. however, a re-rematch w the giants might be interesting, any idea who might win that?

Larry Weisman: Ah, that 9-7 win over the Bears was so long ago (and with Kyle Orton making his first NFL start) that it almost doesn't matter anymore. Seattle had that game won but Mike Holmgren somehow decided not to advance and tried a 50-yard field goal that his guy missed. A Giants rematch? If Walt Coleman's crew works it, the Redskins win. Boy, did those guys make a mess of things (in my opinion, that is). If it's at FedUpField, the Skins win; at Giants Stadium, the Giants win. Neither team has been great on the road, though the Redskins outplayed Denver and KC away and lost both.

I was ticked when I read this. We won because of Walt Colemans crew????

Where has Mr. Weisman been the past 10 years while we've been getting screwed by bad call after bad call???

Give me a break.

The questionable calls made against us in the favor of the Giants gave them points. Heck, the hit on Manning by Washington was IMMEDIATELY ruled incomplete when it likely could have been considered a lateral and therefore they removed points from us there too. We did get a couple of nice calls. We also had the typical bad ones. Normally we don't get both.

we only blame the refs when they make such blatantly BAD calls -- doesn't everyone?

sure, most every game is going to have a few bad calls but anyone, regardless of who they are pulling for -- can see(if they are honest) that the Skins get more bad calls than most NFL teams-- is there a prejudice against Skins? i've thought so for years

Heck, the hit on Manning by Washington was IMMEDIATELY ruled incomplete when it likely could have been considered a lateral and therefore they removed points from us there too.

Good point Art. I watched that play about 5 times now. I may be being a Homer but I am convinced that was a lateral based on where the ball was released and where it landed.

If anyone wanted to lure bubba somewhere, they'd just have to wear a refs jersey and hold a yellow flag...he'd come runnin' :laugh: :laugh:

only if Jessica Simpson was wearing that strped jersy braless :D

I haven't complained about the refs calling Skin games since the Tampa game, until Saturday. I backup my claims with evidence :point2sky

this guy ought to be embarrassed. when the g men managed exactly one fluke, lucky as hell offensive TD while giving up 35 points, the refs is the last thing your bring up.

it would be nearly the equivalent of skins fans crying about bad calls in giants/skins I. whining about refs should only be allowed when your team is actually in the game.

and there were touchy calls both ways.

asshat.

Archived