Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cat Thrown Off Bridge With 16-Pound Rock Rescued

flyingtiger1013

http://www.nbc4.com/news/5706040/detail.html

MISSOULA, Montana -- There has been a happy ending on what started as a case of animal cruelty.

Passers-by spotted the calico house cat Tuesday morning while crossing a footbridge by Montana’s icy Clark Fork River. They called for help, and Missoula firefighters responded. Firefighters lowered a boat onto the ice, and retrieved the soaking-wet cat.

Someone had put the animal in a cage, along with a rock weighing about 16 pounds, and tossed it over the bridge. But instead of landing in the water, the caged cat landed on the ice and bounced several times, coming to a stop in an icy puddle of slush.

It's unclear how long the cat had been there.

Despite its ordeal, one of the cat's rescuers said she was really friendly, and dined on leftover Christmas turkey at the firehouse.

One of the firefighters then took the vet-checked cat home to his daughter. They named their new pet "Lucky."

f*n idiots. The people of Missoula are probably just pissed off because JMU beat their Grizzlies in the national championship last year, and this is the way they vent their anger.

But forreal, I have no tolerance for animal abusers. There should be harsher punishments.

Just ignore Sarge. It's the reaction he's looking for. Every last one of the cats we ever owned, save one, was a rescue. This includes the newest edition to Utah's family Hobo. 2 of the rescues there was obvious mistreatment of the animals. On clearly kicked out and the other, well, I witnessed it. This stuff never ceases to amaze me. :doh:

Maybe someone should have used a bigger rock

Why are you trying to tick me off?

Is it a sick sense of humor thing?

Within the last week I have dealth with 2 animal hoarding cases and things like this makes me sick to my stomach! It does not matter if you like cats or not you should NEVER hurt an animal

I've adopted a few dying cats, which sucks that you know they are going to die, but at least they got to spend their last days pigging out on good grub and playing outside instead of in a cage. I can't imagine trying to throw one off a bridge like that, if you don't want it just give it to one of the adoption places in your area. They aren't hard to find.

I have to say though, cats creep me out big time. Especially when they get all crazy at night and you can see their wide open "i'm coming for you" glowing eyes in the dark. Cat owners know the look I'm talking about. The one that makes you wish you'd put your shoes on before walking down the hallway.

What about for people who eat animals?
Are you for real? Are you unable to distinguish between an animal that is slaughtered for consumption and an animal that is gratuitously abused/tortured? Or more accurately, between people who slaughter/eat animals and people who abuse/torture them?

Are you for real? Are you unable to distinguish between an animal that is slaughtered for consumption and an animal that is gratuitously abused/tortured? Or more accurately, between people who slaughter/eat animals and people who abuse/torture them?

The techniques used to slaugher animals are commendable?

:laugh: I doubt the animals can distinguish it, and that is the pov we care about right?

:laugh: I doubt the animals can distinguish it, and that is the pov we care about right?

Liberty,

You and I have argued a lot about all kinds of subjects but your statement above is the most outrageous BS statement I have ever seen from you. i seriously hope you did not mean it they way it sounded or the way I read it.

Liberty,

You and I have argued a lot about all kinds of subjects but your statement above is the most outrageous BS statement I have ever seen from you. i seriously hope you did not mean it they way it sounded or the way I read it.

I am saying that thousands upon thousands of live stock are killed for our pleasure, what is intrinsically different about their deaths. Why aren't you getting emotional about them. Don't get me wrong, it is completely wrong to kill a cat for no reason, but the level of outrage that an ANIMAL gets while there are thousands of people dying of famine, disease, and war as we speak. I am saying maybe somethings should be looked at in the proper perspective.

Try to look at this as rationally as possible, without the emotional element

Archived