Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wash Times Clarrifies LA Story

JimmiJo

:logo: Second most tackles in giants game last Sunday!:logo: :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Again Lavar is payed playmaker money so please list his

1. Sacks

2. Forced Fumbles

3. INT's

He made some tackles well that's great!!! Maybe he should give Big Joe, Corn, Daniels, and Wynn a bonus for eating up the O-Line and allowing him to get those tackles against the run.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

I hope LaVar stays and plays. Do I think it is possible that management "did him wrong" on his latest contract? Absolutely. Do I think he has a right to be upset with them if that is the case? Absolutely.

This board has been full of "LaVar is out of here" threads all year. I guess the experts that post these things are the only people that see it as a possibility. LaVar's support from the fans was VERY evident at the San Fran game. Standing O everytime he came on the field.

And what about every other interview that came out the same day? All you "haters" have made no mention of it.

Of course I read these threads and chuckle. At some point this season we have wanted to get rid of just about every player on the team. The "distraction" Portis was causing by dressing up on Thursdays, the me-first players that wore different socks for the first Philly game(See you Taylor AND Portis), the guy that fumbles a kickoff week one is a bum, but the one that returned it for 6 and saved the game against Arizona is a hero!! Brunnell can't play, Ramsey can't play. Heck, even the "game has passed Joe Gibbs by" and he is too conservative.

I hope LaVar stays, but I am sure he will go the way of all the other "True Redskins" we have had around here. And next year the fans can pick a new "Favorite Redskin" and enjoy him until he is released to fix a salary cap problem.

I'm thinking that maybe the poor guy is just very immature and a bit of a dummy, and that the press takes advantage of him to get juicy stories. I don't know, but it makes no sense at all to say these things now, but then again, it made no sense to complain about not getting enough PT when he was coming back from an injury after previously complaining about the coaches rushing him back to soon from injury. A lot of things this guy does just don't make sense.

Did everyone not crucify TO for doing the very same things??? There is such a parallel its not even funny. TEAM first- thats Gibbs and CO. style, everyone on this team is buying into that, including a severely mistreated backup QB. Everyone but LA that is...:(

I'd buy the "taken out of context" line if it wasn't ALWAYS Arrington's words that are being "taken out of context". :doh:

How come none of the other players on this team seem to have this problem in thier interviews?

Even if the writer of this article had an agenda to twist this into a negative article, he didn't haft to do much twisting with some of the childish, selfish quotes Arrington gave him.

This has been Arrington's M.O. since Gibbs' return. Arrington wants to be the center of attention, but it's Gibbs who the focus is on.

Not by Gibbs design. Joe Gibbs is a humble man. But he is a legend in Washington. So naturally he is the center of the Redskin universe.

Arrington can't stand not being that. He can't just simply be one of the players, one member of the team. He has to be above the team. He has to be 'Mr. Redskin'. :rolleyes:

This is where these tirades come from. Don't think for a minute that Arrington isn't happy. ALL the attention is back on him right now. So he is as happy as a clam.

It's funny. Arrington is the first one complaining about not being in the playoffs since being in the league, yet when we are now on the verge of making the playoffs (and just possibly winning the division) he is the first one to try and submarine it with a "poor-me" interview.

Having said that, this interview with Arrington WON'T be a distraction. I think the coahes, the fans, and the rest of the players are used to Arrington's "routine" by now. It probably would've been more of a distraction if Arrington hadn't given his quarterly tirade. The players may have thought something was wrong. :)

IT'S THE MEDIA THAT'S WHAT THEY DO!

It's not news "drama" if they interview someone else. The mediots pursue people like Lavar because they know they'll get a good old media controversy going. They know Lavar is an emotional person that will always put his foot in his mouth. The mediots feed on this nonsense. It happens every single day, what's new? The mediots only report DRAMA, not news, DRAMA, and obviously it's working look at this message board since the "story" broke. Every other thread is Lavar this and Lavar that. How many hits do you think that rag has gotten since the first time it was posted on this board. Lavar's a cry baby but in what way did anything he say hurt this team? They're professionals, if this affects them then they should be playing.

"And blind fools will be blind fools, whether avowed fans or not. Come on Al. Why does this ALWAYS occur with LaVar? Why is he the one doing these interviews in his home? When Ramsey was benched the Washington Post staked out his house. Ramsey didn't invite them in to do an interview."

can always count on you for the perjorative prologue! what he said certainly wasn't dumb. what is being attacked is the timing. as for self centered....well.....that's in the eye of the beholder....and thank god that's a malady 99.9% of the posters on this board are immune to! wouldn't want any double standards....now would we?

know LA well do ya! best buddies are ya? had a heart to heart in which you learned the true depth of his character? what a crock. this is so one dimensional that it is almost comical. there is no context. there is no assessment of everything the man has going on in his life and what he has done. this is simply emotional pap belched by folks who are unhappy that there little sanctum of Skins happiness has been distracted temporarily. NOT ONE PERSON HAS ADDUCED ANY EVIDENCE THAT THIS HAS ACTUALLY HAD AN IMPACT IN THE LOCKERROOM. it's all a bunch of whiny children who are closet control freaks.

There certainly is context. His constant rants in the media provide all the context any of us needs. He spouted off at the worst possible time. That speaks directly to his character and his me first personality. This isn't a one time occurance that can be passed off. This is a pattern. That you fail to see this and admit Lavar has issues is your deficiancy, not those of us who are done with his antics. He's provided all the ammo needed judge his character. Just because he claims he loves the 'Skins and doesn't want to play for anyone else, he isn't excused from behaving professionally.

Brett Favre just said on ESPN that there is more to life than football...I hope the Pack gets rid of that self centered, me first, can't get his priorities straight piece of crap before sundown.

Because somehow coming from a player past the end of his career has anything to do with Lavar's constant rantings. What a stupid comparison attempt.

IT'S THE MEDIA THAT'S WHAT THEY DO!

It's not news "drama" if they interview someone else. The mediots pursue people like Lavar because they know they'll get a good old media controversy going. They know Lavar is an emotional person that will always put his foot in his mouth. The mediots feed on this nonsense. It happens every single day, what's new? The mediots only report DRAMA, not news, DRAMA, and obviously it's working look at this message board since the "story" broke. Every other thread is Lavar this and Lavar that. How many hits do you think that rag has gotten since the first time it was posted on this board. Lavar's a cry baby but in what way did anything he say hurt this team? They're professionals, if this affects them then they should be playing.

You need to re-read the end of my post you quoted. :)

I said I didn't think that Arrington's actions would affect the team this Sunday. Based solely on the notion that I think the coaches, the F.O., and the players are used to Arrington's 'antics' by now.

But that doesn't mean that what he did was okay. Or that his actions weren't POTENTIALLY disruptive. Or that b/c it won't matter that his actions are above criticism.

Even if you are right and this is the media being the media, Arrington should KNOW better. It's not like this is his first exposure to the media.

There's lots of facets of the media I don't like, but the reporter was just doing his job. Trying to get his name out there and increase circulation. This isn't like King's or Lenny P's anti-Redskins hit piece. Arrington gave this reporter PLENTY of material to work with.

Arrington allowed this person into his home and proceeded to rip this organazation and certain people in it. Knowing full well who the media is and what they are about. This is the proverbial "letting the fox into the chicken house'. It shows that Arrington was either a poor guard for this stuff or happily opened the door and let the fox feed. Thereby sating his own drama queen, spotlight craving ego.

Either way, this was a rotten thing to do to the team on the verge of one of the biggest games it has had since... well... the last time Gibbs coached this team.

Whether it affects the team or not, it was just wrong.

Because somehow coming from a player past the end of his career has anything to do with Lavar's constant rantings. What a stupid comparison attempt.

Not too mention Favre has been a 3 time NFL MVP and has ring that allows him to speak his peace. Plus there's nothing bad about what he said, there are more important things in life then football. Anybody that disagrees with that statement needs to seek professional help quickly.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Ok, let's talk about what Lavar is, and what he isn't.

Lavar is not a leader. Just because he's vocal, or he gets paid a lot of money does not make him a leader.

Lavar is not a guy, at least right now, when you put him in the lineup that the D has to account for. He's been good, but not really an impact player this year.

Lavar is not a team guy. He likes to think he is, when things are going well, but when the chips are down for him, he's going to melt down. On the other hand, take Ramsey, who probably has thought similar things about the team, but he has the class to support the team, and therefore is ready to take advantage of opportunities that come to him.

Lavar is a talented player, and he definitly plays hard when he is out there. He isn't back to where he was, but it usually takes a couple of years to fully recover from a knee injury. I expect that he will perform even better next year.

I don't want to see him go, because he is a talented player and he does work hard out there. At the same time, he's creating a self-fulfilling prophecy right now. He's thinking that he might be kicked out. Well, if he continues to do this in a public forum, that may come to pass. If Lavar is out of here, it is because he caused it. I agree with Bubba. I think Lavar needs to see someone to get things under control. You just don't air your dirty laundry in public.

I also find it curious that he invited a reporter to his house. How many players on our team do this? What is it he wanted to say in the privacy of his home that he didn't want to say at Redskins Park? What else but what he said?

Jason

You need to re-read the end of my post you quoted. :)

I said I didn't think that Arrington's actions would affect the team this Sunday. Based solely on the notion that I think the coaches, the F.O., and the players are used to Arrington's 'antics' by now.

But that doesn't mean that what he did was okay. Or that his actions weren't POTENTIALLY disruptive. Or that b/c it won't matter that his actions are above criticism.

Even if you are right and this is the media being the media, Arrington should KNOW better. It's not like this is his first exposure to the media.

There's lots of facets of the media I don't like, but the reporter was just doing his job. Trying to get his name out there and increase circulation. This isn't like King's or Lenny P's anti-Redskins hit piece. Arrington gave this reporter PLENTY of material to work with.

Arrington allowed this person into his home and proceeded to rip this organazation and certain people in it. Knowing full well who the media is and what they are about. This is the proverbial "letting the fox into the chicken house'. It shows that Arrington was either a poor guard for this stuff or happily opened the door and let the fox feed. Thereby sating his own drama queen, spotlight craving ego.

Either way, this was a rotten thing to do to the team on the verge of one of the biggest games it has had since... well... the last time Gibbs coached this team.

Whether it affects the team or not, it was just wrong.

Everything he said about the organization was true. The 6.5milllion was around before JG so he wasn't ripping him. I don't see where anything he said was inflamatory at all. Look back at the beginning of the season, many of us were sitting here wondering the same thing that LA was wondering. Why isn't this guy in the game? Not one of us could imagine why Holdman was starting over LA. We'll probably never know. But what I do know is, benching someone that can change the face of a game with one play is pretty damn arrogant of an organization and pretty damn disrespectful to fans that pay good money for tickets and merchandise. Not one of you can honestly say that Lavar on the bench increased our chances to win, none of you. If you do you're lying. Nothing this guy has done has hurt this team. None of this is to the level of Terrell and his, fighting, arguing with coaches or trying to draw attention to himself despite the team. Not once has he came right out and dogged GW or JG or any other coach. Where's all the Danny haters now, I guess your all on his side now that you have LA to whip for a while.

Sorry Stevenaa he has a point. Old Brett sounded like he was having a pity party to me, said there's life after football. Maybe it's time to run him out of town. Maybe you should read between the lines and see the sarcasm before calling someone's post stupid.

If you have read through the threads you would know that one of the things that upset people around here is the fact that LaVar said he is not "defined" by sacks, interceptions, and fumble recoveries...because there is more to life than football. I thought it funny that coming from a player that is regarded as a great team player it is viewed as "normal"...coming from LaVar it is "selfish".

And last I checked, Favre was trotting out there every week to pad his interception total so I don't think he is past the end of his career. Either that or he is holding on...which is certainly selfish.

Everything he said about the organization was true. The 6.5milllion was around before JG so he wasn't ripping him. I don't see where anything he said was inflamatory at all. Look back at the beginning of the season, many of us were sitting here wondering the same thing that LA was wondering. Why isn't this guy in the game? Not one of us could imagine why Holdman was starting over LA. We'll probably never know. But what I do know is, benching someone that can change the face of a game with one play is pretty damn arrogant of an organization and pretty damn disrespectful to fans that pay good money for tickets and merchandise. Not one of you can honestly say that Lavar on the bench increased our chances to win, none of you. If you do you're lying. Nothing this guy has done has hurt this team. None of this is to the level of Terrell and his, fighting, arguing with coaches or trying to draw attention to himself despite the team. Not once has he came right out and dogged GW or JG or any other coach. Where's all the Danny haters now, I guess your all on his side now that you have LA to whip for a while.

No YOU may have been wondering why he wasn't playing. I trusted Coach Gibbs and Coach Williams to make the call. They know this stuff a lot better than I do. I'm not one of the "geniuses" out there that thinks they know how to run this team better than guys like Gibbs who has won 3 Super Bowls doing things his way.

What I can say is fact is that this defense has not suffered from Arrington's absence when he has been out. This defense was ranked third while Arrington was out last season. That's a fact you cannot dispute. While I feel that he brings an althletic and maybe more dynamic presence to the WSLB spot, it did not miss him and does not need him to be successful.

Arrington apparently doesn't think so. He wants it he and he alone taking on the offense every week, with 10 guys backing him up.

He wants ALL the spotlight on him.

He wants ALL the promotion about the team to center around him.

Heck, for all I know, maybe he wants to change the name of the team to the "Washington LaVars" or the "Maryland Arringtons". :D

What I do know is that he doesn't haft to mention GW or JG by name to run them down. Claiming they rushed him back (when he rushed himself back) and saying "they" (who do you think "they" is?) don't want him here is all you need to read.

As I said, this won't affect the outcome of the game, but it still doesn't make his actions right. He should be focused SOLELY on the Eagles. Not the spotlight or how he is promoted like some glory hound.

If Lavar retires...do we still take a hit on the Cap?

Reading the article it appears LaVar might retire if he is traded or cut. In which case the cap hit would be the same as if he did not retire and was just traded or cut.

Interesting angle on this...how attractive of a trade is he now? Saying he may just retire if he is dealt from the Redskins. Clever move LA.

If Lavar retires...do we still take a hit on the Cap?

I don't believe so, unless we continue to pay him then we retain his rights if he were to unretire. Kind of like how Detriot keep Barry on the books in the event he was to change his mind and the Dolphins with Ricky. If LA was to retire I'd expect the Skins to take the cap relief and basically release LA w/o taking a cap hit, of course LA then would be free agent but I'm unsure if there is a time frame Lavar would have to wait through before unretiring, like taking a year off.

Of course if he retires after being traded or released we still take a hit. He would have to formally retire while a Washington Redskin.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

Look back at the beginning of the season, many of us were sitting here wondering the same thing that LA was wondering. Why isn't this guy in the game? Not one of us could imagine why Holdman was starting over LA. We'll probably never know. But what I do know is, benching someone that can change the face of a game with one play is pretty damn arrogant of an organization and pretty damn disrespectful to fans that pay good money for tickets and merchandise. Not one of you can honestly say that Lavar on the bench increased our chances to win, none of you. If you do you're lying.

It is pretty obvious now why Lavar wasn't in there: He just wasn't ready. In practice, he wasn't albe to go full speed. He was favoring his knee. He also was probably still working himself into football shape, considering that he hadn't been able to do much in the offseason. It was only by the SF game that he was finally ready to play, and he showed that he did deserve to be out there.

Also, since he's been out there, I haven't seen him make a huge impact out there. When Lavar is out, our play doesn't drop by much, which you can't say for Griffin, or Taylor. He's still a good player who can be all over the field, but so far, he's not a game changer this season. Personally, I think it is because he's not completely back from his injury. Knee injuries take time, and I'm sure he will be better next year.

Not being a hater here, just seeing reality.

Jason

Brett Favre just said on ESPN that there is more to life than football...I hope the Pack gets rid of that self centered, me first, can't get his priorities straight piece of crap before sundown.

Yeah, because Favre and Lavar are really comparable :doh:

Honestly, that's so far out there that it does more to discredit your argument than prove a point.

Well Skinsguy Danny Boy created this monster and now that he has an allstar coaching staff he has no need for him. Danny's the one who built this team around Lavar and made him the Redskin center piece. For a long time Lavar was the only thing the fans had to cheer about, now everyone wants to crucify him for feeling like "they" don't want him here.

By the way I wan't the only one wondering why he wasn't playing, there were hundreds of posts with other people wondering the same thing. And, well never know, but it's possible the team would have been ranked 2nd of first with him on the field. That's like saying when the Ravens made their Super Bowl run that the entire Defense was Ray Lewis. That Defense was real good but Lewis made them great.

It is pretty obvious now why Lavar wasn't in there: He just wasn't ready. In practice, he wasn't albe to go full speed. He was favoring his knee. He also was probably still working himself into football shape, considering that he hadn't been able to do much in the offseason. It was only by the SF game that he was finally ready to play, and he showed that he did deserve to be out there.

Also, since he's been out there, I haven't seen him make a huge impact out there. When Lavar is out, our play doesn't drop by much, which you can't say for Griffin, or Taylor. He's still a good player who can be all over the field, but so far, he's not a game changer this season. Personally, I think it is because he's not completely back from his injury. Knee injuries take time, and I'm sure he will be better next year.

Not being a hater here, just seeing reality.

Jason

Not saying Lavar is the one player to take this team to the promised land but all you who say he hasn't made an impact are just plain blind. He has made several key tackles BEHIND the line of scrimmage that have definitely made an impact on games. I'm not a damn stat hound and can't tell you exactly what play changed what game. I have however witnessed this guy making tackles that holdman would never make. The only way holdman can make a tackle is if the running back runs into him.

Okay guys, to avoid yet another Lavar thread, here's food for thought. Let's say Lavar gets traded, released or retires, but than ends up on another NFC east team. How would you feel? Personally, I would :puke: I still believe the LA is a damn good LB, albeit he's losing alot of fans with his latest antics.

Archived