Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wild Card Schedule?

GrimReaper21

Im going to the showtime boxing card at the garden on saturday the 7th, and was wondering when the skins game would be. I know that there is an NFC game on saturday and one on sunday. I was wondering if anyone knows which seeds play which day. I would have to sell my boxing tickets if its on saturday.

Guest ComebackKing

It depends on what seed we get. Saturday gets one NFC game (usually early like 4:00 pm) and AFC gets a later game on Saturday (like 8:00) But again it depends on what seed we get. Number 2 Seed plays number 5 seed on Sunday I think and Saturday gets number 3 vs 4. So I would bet we will play on Saturday at either Tampa or Panthers.

I found this on foxsports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/785806

NFC Playoff Matchups (if season ended today)

WILD-CARD WEEKEND

Saturday, January 7: No. 5 Panthers at No. 4 Giants

Sunday, January 8: No. 6 Redskins at No. 3 Bucs

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday, January 14: TBD at No. 2 Bears

Sunday, January 15: TBD at No. 1 Seahawks

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Sunday, Jan. 22: TBD

AFC Playoff Matchups (if season ended today)

WILD-CARD WEEKEND

Saturday, January 7: No. 5 Jaguars at No. 4 Patriots

Sunday, January 8: No. 6 Steelers at No. 3 Bengals

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday, January 14: TBD at No. 2 Broncos

Sunday, January 15: TBD at No. 1 Colts

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Sunday, Jan. 22: TBD

Guest ComebackKing

That clears it up a bit. So it's probably 5 v 4 and 6 v 3 wildcard weekend. just depends what seed we get. Wouldn't that be something if we managed the number 2 seed? We will need some big help though. hopefully the bears lose this game...

What time will these games be shown?

WILD-CARD WEEKEND

I need to know if the Redskins play on Sat. so that I can get off of work to see the game. I need to know quick so I can have Sat. off if need be. Thanks :eaglesuck

That clears it up a bit. So it's probably 5 v 4 and 6 v 3 wildcard weekend. just depends what seed we get. Wouldn't that be something if we managed the number 2 seed? We will need some big help though. hopefully the bears lose this game...

I'm pretty sure the Bears already have the #2 seed nailed down. Redskins can't catch them, and Bears win ties with the other teams.

What time will these games be shown?

WILD-CARD WEEKEND

I need to know if the Redskins play on Sat. so that I can get off of work to see the game. I need to know quick so I can have Sat. off if need be. Thanks :eaglesuck

Saturday games will be at 4:00 and 8:00. Sunday games will be 1:00 and 4:15.

From what I understand, ABC has first pick of the games. So they can pick the best matchup for ratings & put it on at 8 pm.

There's usually a big market or popular team in that spot.

Last year was San Diego vs the Jets (big market)

2003 was Dallas at Carolina (Popular team)

2002 was Atlanta at Green Bay (2 Marquee quarterbacks)

So there's really nothing to go on yet.

If somehow/someway, the Redskins game is a home affair with the Cowboys, I can almost guarantee you that game will be on Saturday night at 8 pm

yes, it is nice to talk about playoff possibilities, but let's not get ahead of ourselves..we still need to beat philly to surely get a time slot next week..let's hope we can pluck the tweety birds and make a run in the playoffs..we are a dangerous team right now and every team in the nfc knows it.

Here is how the 1st round schedule went last year....

Saturday 1-8-05

St. Loius (#5 Wild Card) @ Seattle (#4 Division Winner)

New York Jets (#5 Wild Card) @ San Diego (#4 Division Winner)

Sunday 1-9-05

Denver (#6 Wild Card) @ Indianapolis (#3 Division Winner)

Minnesota (#6 Wild Card) @ Green Bay (#3 Division Winner)

yes, it is nice to talk about playoff possibilities, but let's not get ahead of ourselves..we still need to beat philly to surely get a time slot next week..let's hope we can pluck the tweety birds and make a run in the playoffs..we are a dangerous team right now and every team in the nfc knows it.

Are you playing? I'm not. So, I hope the Skins play on Sunday, since we will be in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!1 :point2sky

I wonder how the Giants playing on this Saturday plays into all of this. I mean I don't think that they would let the Giants play on Sunday and get an extra day to prepare.

This is a big deal for me because my anniversary is on Saturday and I need to take my wife out that night. I can watch Sat. afternoon and Sunday but not Saturday night.

We will see.

I wonder how the Giants playing on this Saturday plays into all of this. I mean I don't think that they would let the Giants play on Sunday and get an extra day to prepare.

This is a big deal for me because my anniversary is on Saturday and I need to take my wife out that night. I can watch Sat. afternoon and Sunday but not Saturday night.

We will see.

Your wife wouldn't understand if you needed to stay home to watch the game? It would be the first 'Skins playoff game since Jan. 2000.

Did she know you were a big fan when she met you?

Archived