Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Pierce talking smack

autograph

You know, when he first left, I had no hard feeling towards him. Even though he went to a division rival, I felt that he got the contract he deserved for having a near Pro Bowl season and being one of the NFL's leading tacklers and leading one of the NFL's best defenses.

But now, I am beginning to greatly dislike the guy. I mean, he hasn't stopped whining since he left here.

If you ask me, he just wishes he was still a Skin. ;)

This was the e-mail I sent him, I wonder if he'll respond back?

"This is my first time being on this side of the playoff picture because in WASHINGTON we never were winning in DECEMBER."

Maybe you should have stayed in Washington because this December we're undefeated and doing fine without you. I mean really what's with all the Redskin bashing, they gave you an opportunity instead of sticking around you left for the money and not what was best for the team. I understand you have to look out for yourself money wise but something tells me a SB ring is coming to Washington before gets to NY.

He did make that so called negative statement when the Skins were 6-6 and the Giants were 8-4 before we beat the Cardinals, Cowboys, and Giants and right after they defeated the Cowboys.

So it just sounds to me like he was saying that this is the first time he has been in contention at this point in the season and he is excited. It's too bad he got injured the following week because he was enjoying the competition.

People need to lighten up.

Check out Santana's journal. What a striking difference. Santana also was "disrespected" by his old team. But he just moved on and dealt with this as a pro. Maybe this difference in characters influenced somehow Skins FO decision about Pierce. Maybe Gibbs saw this part in AP and decided not to break a bank over him.

As for NFL players’ journal – I would rather read Smooty’s journal. There is probably not much about playoff or a winning team, but lake chapter could make a good reading.

um weren't we 3-1 last December?

um no we where not, we where 2 - 2 last year

13 Sun, Dec 5 NY Giants W 31-7

14 Sun, Dec 12 Philadelphia L 14-17

15 Sat, Dec 18 at San Francisco W 26-16

16 Sun, Dec 26 at Dallas L 10-13

Overall record while Pierce was here in December was

6 - 10

Why can't the guy just take the high road? He is a great player, and he would probably still have a lot of fans here if he didn't run his mouth. Where's the class?

Exactly, he seemed like a classy guy when he was here. We gave him a chance here, undrafted guy, we are the reason hes making good money in NY. Ungrateful, classless, giant

He did make that so called negative statement when the Skins were 6-6 and the Giants were 8-4 before we beat the Cardinals, Cowboys, and Giants and right after they defeated the Cowboys.

So it just sounds to me like he was saying that this is the first time he has been in contention at this point in the season and he is excited. It's too bad he got injured the following week because he was enjoying the competition.

People need to lighten up.

I might agree with you if that entry wasn't followed up with one that stated this was the first time anybody appreciated him. The fans in Washington loved AP last year, and while the front office didn't pay him as much as NY they still made a pretty substantial offer for a guy with one good year on his resume. Sack up, Antonio, its just bidness.

AP is turning into the 2K5-Brian Mitchell. It's interesting how quickly Brian changed course on the team when he wanted to retire a Redskin. Brian still speaks his mind, but the criticism is now constructive. The bashing has stopped. AP will learn that the team and this team’s heritage is much larger than he and the team will be loved long after his NFL tenure is complete.

Archived