Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Same matchup 2 weeks from now?

JWB

The title says it all. Will we be facing the Giants in either DC or the Meadowlands? That's what I've been hearing on the radio from various hosts. What do you guys think if this matchup were to occur?

I would find it very interesting.

Unfortunately, I can't see the Jints losing to the Raiders. I don't want to go to the Meadowlands. After considering it, maybe it would be cool to return to Tampa and the scene of the crime. And what happens in the rematch? Skins up 17-12 late when Springs is called for a phantom PI call on Galloway which sets up the Bucs at the Skins 1. Chucky gives the ball to Allstott who gets hit massively by LaVar, ball squirts backwards, but Chris Simms picks it up and runs in for the score :doh:

Would they put division teams against each other in the first round? Let's see....Seattle gets a bye and either Tampa, Chicago or the Giants get a bye. If we don't win the division, I think the best we can hope for is that the Giants get a first round bye and we play someone else in the first round.

But we need to beat Philly first and hope that Brunell is OK. Don't assume anything. If Dallas wins and we lose, we're out.

PleaseGo, yes, teams from the same division can play one another in the first round. You're right......we have to take care of Philly first before this is even a consideration. But again, aside from not making it at all, going to NY for the first round is probably my last choice.

Despite yesterday, I really would not like to have to go to the Meadowlands to play a rubber match with the Giants.

I'm hoping we draw Tampa. We owe them a little something and the Skins have played their best ball when they have a chip on their shoulder.

Everyone said week 2 was a "fluke" so the Skins went out and put a historic ass kicking on the Cowboys.

Giants whipped us 36-0 earlier in the season and the Skins come back and dominate them in the rematch.

I just think the Giants will now have that "payback" mentality against us and they'll be most likely playing at home (I mean come on, Norv's Raiders beating the Giants :laugh: :doh: )

No thank you, please send us to Tampa if you don't mind.

It is baseball where they don't put division teams against one another in the first round. Football goes strictly by ranking.

If the Giants or Skins are third and the other is sixth, it will be a rematch. But a few things have to happen for this to occur. And to be honest, I don't see it as likely.

Let's say the Giants win the division, they would probably be fourth. Which means they would play the fifth seed. That will probably be Carolina unless they lose to Atlanta which I can't see them doing.

Now this is assuming the Redskins win so I won't even mention the Cowboys.

If the Redskins win the division, that means the Giants lost but the Skins probably wouldn't be the number three seed. That means they are four and probably playing Carolina. The Giants would be the six and play probably in Tampa.

Now, I'm not sure how it works out between the Giants and Panthers if they end up at 10-6 and the wildcard teams. I'm not sure who gets the common opponents. I think it would be the Giants since Carolina lost to Dallas. If that is the case, then the Giants and Skins would play at Fed Ex.

If Minnesota beats the Ravens and stay alive, all these scenarios become even more complicated. I could figure them all out but why bother? And the thing with Minnesota is, they may be playing a Bears team in the final week that has nothing to play for if they beat the Packers. Let's Go Ravens!!!!

In other words, wait until after next weekend because I have a headache now. :doh:

Archived