Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Appreciation Thread

melonhead1959

As we sit and talk, Joe Gibbs career record in December is 38 and 10.

It's the same pattern, with a few exceptions, that his teams have always taken.

Finish strong, baby!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Life is tough. When you're Stupid and/or a Cowboys fan, it's much tougher":eaglesuck

Thank You Joe Gibbs! You have brought all of our hopes for the Redskins back from the dead... after being long suffering fans for the past 6 years (and even more), we have had a lot of dead hope, a lot of "what if" hope, a lot of "if only A went this way or B went that way" hope... but for the first time in awhile we are heading into the last week of the regular season as the master's of our destiny.

If we go into Philadelphia and lose, we don't deserve to make the playoffs... but I have faith that you will have the team up and running on all 53 cylinders!

Thank you for being a calm in the storm, and for not listening to the nay-sayers (even myself) who complained about run-run-pass, 1st down passes, 2nd down passes. Thank you for making the perfect call on the Portis-Cooley touchdown. Thank you for handling the Patrick Ramsey situation, so that when the team needed him, he came in and was prepared and ready. Thank you for trusting in Gregg Williams.

I've never been more proud and happy to be a Redskins fan...

Absolutely.

Thank you Coach Gibbs. You've instilled a pride and professionalism in this team we've long lacked. Winning will come, as we're seeing. But, you have these guys playing like the teams we remember in that they care. Thank you for rescuing us.

What an incredible coach he is. Even when he was struggling, and I was questioning whether he could have success again, I was always amazed at how his players fought hard and played for him, how they never quit when they had nothing to play for, how much his guys seemed to love him. That's something we haven't had on the sidelines since, well, Gibbs first retired. And now it's back. Win or lose next week and next season, I wouldn't want any other coach on the sidelines.

It feels good to be a Redskins fan again, win or lose, thanks to Joe. I think we were pretty soul-dead as fans after enduring the incompetence and misery of the Petitbon-Turner-Schottenheimer-Spurrier years. Remember how our heartless teams used to quit in the 4th quarter when they were losing? That will never happen under Gibbs.

Mr. Gibbs, I cannot state in written form how much I appreciate your return to the Washington Redskins organization as Head Coach, however, I will try. Your leadership, character, hard work, and determination are second to no man in football today. My heart broke when you retired, but I always respected your decision to exit. The NFL demands a person to be at their zenith nearly every week, optimizing their ability to bring leadership and winning, and in 2005, it has only become harder. Yet, somehow, some way, you can motivate any player, in any era, and at any time. I admire you as a man, a coach, and forever bringing glory to the Redskins franchise. You are our anchor, and you have done nothing but GREAT things for us. I commend you Joe Gibbs. You are a TRUE hall of fame coach, and second to none in my book. In addition, the appreciation (the TRUE appreciation) you show us fans does NOT go unnoticed. Your unselfishness and willingness to applaud the 12th man gives us great pride. I am sure that collectively NONE of us believes there has been, or ever will be, a greater coach in the game. To top it off, you are a better person, and that is hard to top!

Archived