Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chopping Down The Giants...for 1000. Giants Going Down!! (Merged)

sknsrbck26

ROTFFLMFAO!!!!!!!! The 'skins are a quality team, but let's be realistic here...

The difference between you and us is that we've overcome shoddy calls to win two more games...

You played Chicago before they found themselves and lucked out a win over Seattle, again early in the season, AND you played both of those teams at home.

Funny how massaging the facts can make things look differently than they really are, isn't it?

Now answer me this: If the Redskins are the class of the NFC East, then why aren't they on top of the division, and why are they hoping for a split at best from this series?

Come back next saturday after the game and run your mouth at that point. :) :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck G-strings are gettin smacked in the mouth when they come to FedEx

Please don't get ahead of yourselves. The Giants are the class of the East. They are on a different level than the Cowboys. You guys have a chance because you are at home but as a Giants fan to be honest nobody on your team scares me. Not one player. That is not good.

WHAT ARE YOU TALING ABOUT! let's run down the list:

Brunell is far better than E. Manning (completion %, TD/INT ratio, passer rating). Eli = mistakes

Santana Moss is superior to Burress. (nuff said)

Portis is a better back than Barber (yes Barber has more yards, but barber yards per average is skewed cause he get's minimal yardage time after time and then he'll bust a big run or two, Portis is more consistent and is a better blocker.

Cooley and shockey = even

The only place you have an advantage is at 2nd wideout with toomer.

And our D and special teams is stronger. So the way I see it is WAS is the better team.

:gaintsuck

Playoffs here we come....The crowd should start saying "We want Giants!"

GO SKINS:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Playoffs?! Did somebody say PLAYOFFS?!? :laugh: This is our playoffs! Our playoffs are right NOW! We need to win or stay home. That is what this season has come down to.

Next week we owe them one. And the good thing is, it's at our home stadium. That means the fans can make a difference just like they did today. I mean how many false starts and dumb penalties did Dallas have?

More importantly...

Win one for Randy!

Brunell is far better than E. Manning (completion %, TD/INT ratio, passer rating). Eli = mistakes

Portis is a better back than Barber (yes Barber has more yards, but barber yards per average is skewed cause he get's minimal yardage time after time and then he'll bust a big run or two, Portis is more consistent and is a better blocker.

And our D and special teams is stronger. So the way I see it is WAS is the better team.

<tooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffttttt><toooooooooffffffftttt>(pass)

Like someone said earlier, there are games where everything just seems to go wrong. And that sure as hell happened to us in New York. We seemed a step slow and a second late all game long. Add to that the emotion of playing a game for a guy that'll admit was a GREAT NFL owner, in front of his family, and you have a recipe for disaster. And that's exactly what the first meeting was for us -- a disaster.

I think you'd agree that the Redskins and Cowboys are teams of similar talent. Our seasons have almost mirrored each other, and both clubs are 8-6. But what happened yesterday? The Cowboys got shellacked. Are we four touchdowns better than them? Probably not. Were we Sunday? You bet your ***.

The Giants are simply not five TDs better than the Redskins. Period. You had a day where everything came together perfectly. Are the Giants a better team than the Redskins right now? Our records say so. But if you believe you're going to come in here and hang a 36-0 drubbing on us again (or 31-0) you're out of your mind.

I think you vastly underestimate the power of the 12th man, especially at FedEx. Arrowhead is probably the only stadium that rivals it in terms of noise when the opponent has the ball. And considering our late season battles against division foes, with ridiculous amounts of playoff implications on the line, I think we've got Arrowhead beat.

From the very beginning today, the crowd was in the Cowboys' heads. That was with a veteran quarterback, who's done and seen just about everything the NFL has to offer. We will rattle Eli. We will cause your O-line to jump on multiple occassions. We will force you to waste timeouts. We will get louder as our team plays better. And I think we will avenge a loss that's left a sour taste in our mouth all season.

:2cents:

Dude. I LOVE YOU MAN!! Post of the century.

:cheers:

Hey DisgruntledNYGFan?? All time series between NY and Wash? Tell me this, how many Super Bowl Rings does Washington have, how many do the NY Giants have? How many Super Bowls have the Redskins been to? How many have the Giants been to? Know the difference? When you beat us, you don't go anywhere, when we beat you, we take it to the house!!

ROTFFLMFAO!!!!!!!! The 'skins are a quality team, but let's be realistic here...

The difference between you and us is that we've overcome shoddy calls to win two more games...

You played Chicago before they found themselves and lucked out a win over Seattle, again early in the season, AND you played both of those teams at home.

Funny how massaging the facts can make things look differently than they really are, isn't it?

Now answer me this: If the Redskins are the class of the NFC East, then why aren't they on top of the division, and why are they hoping for a split at best from this series?

OK. Your original post. I'm not quite sure if or why this deserves a response, especially since you were responding to someone else, but since you asked:

The difference is not that you've overcome shoddy calls to win two more games. The difference is you don't HAVE to overcome shoddy calls. Look, it's been beat to death on this board, I fully admit that, but there is a DISTINCT advantage to having an extra home game. Again, you are 7-1 at home; 3-3 on the road. Please don't tell me 9 home games doesn't help you. Preferential treatment courtesy of the NFL. Far and away cancels out any ticky tack holds or whatever you want to complain about in ANY game.

We beat the team with the best record in the conference; Seattle. We also beat the division-leading Bears. Are we a better team at home than on the road? Sure. So are you. Wins over two damn good teams simply cannot be taken for granted. (Not to mention the fact that we played right with Denver and KC...ON THE ROAD!)

And what's this about beating the Bears before they found themselves? WTF? Did they all get on the team bus and go see Dr. Phil for some soul searching after they played us? That's just asinine. We beat them. Period.

Yes we beat Seattle and Chicago early in the season. BFD. We're on a three-game win streak...late in the season. Your point please?

I did not say the Redskins are the class of the NFC East. I acknowledge and respect the fact that the Giants are in first place. Congrats. But I promise you, you will see a far different game this time around than you did in New York.

Hey DisgruntledNYGFan?? All time series between NY and Wash? Tell me this, how many Super Bowl Rings does Washington have, how many do the NY Giants have? How many Super Bowls have the Redskins been to? How many have the Giants been to? Know the difference? When you beat us, you don't go anywhere, when we beat you, we take it to the house!!

Weak.

So I take it that you are conceding the fact that we own the series...

from profootballhalloffame.com...

Three Super Bowl championships and 14 playoff appearances since 1971 make the Washington Redskins one of the NFL's most dominant teams of the past quarter century. But the organization's glorious past dates back almost 60 years and includes five overall world championships.

Giants have won six overall World Championships,

two of them Super Bowls. Other than that, nice talking to you.

Who would you rather have Eli or Mark? If you say Mark you need mental health. Santana & Plax is even. Your D is stronger:laugh:. Tiki rushed for 200 against your D. Portis had 9 against ours. Both our punt returner & kickoff returner have more TD's than your special teams. Shockey is on his way to the hall of fame. Cooley is a solid player but don't get crazy. Bring fact not these weak untrue points.

OK. Your original post. I'm not quite sure if or why this deserves a response, especially since you were responding to someone else, but since you asked:

The difference is not that you've overcome shoddy calls to win two more games. The difference is you don't HAVE to overcome shoddy calls. Look, it's been beat to death on this board, I fully admit that, but there is a DISTINCT advantage to having an extra home game. Again, you are 7-1 at home; 3-3 on the road. Please don't tell me 9 home games doesn't help you. Preferential treatment courtesy of the NFL. Far and away cancels out any ticky tack holds or whatever you want to complain about in ANY game.

We beat the team with the best record in the conference; Seattle. We also beat the division-leading Bears. Are we a better team at home than on the road? Sure. So are you. Wins over two damn good teams simply cannot be taken for granted. (Not to mention the fact that we played right with Denver and KC...ON THE ROAD!)

And what's this about beating the Bears before they found themselves? WTF? Did they all get on the team bus and go see Dr. Phil for some soul searching after they played us? That's just asinine. We beat them. Period.

Yes we beat Seattle and Chicago early in the season. BFD. We're on a three-game win streak...late in the season. Your point please?

I did not say the Redskins are the class of the NFC East. I acknowledge and respect the fact that the Giants are in first place. Congrats. But I promise you, you will see a far different game this time around than you did in New York.

LOL, we haven't overcome shoddy calls this season?!?!? That's just wrong. See e.g.the last Giants v. Eagles game.

If you don't understand that teams ebb and flow, peak and plummet at different times of the season, and that WHEN you play a team makes as much of a difference as WHO you play, then, quite simply, you just don't know jack about the NFL, and team sports in general.

If you didn't say that the Skins were the class of the NFC East, then that portion probably wasn't directed at you, now was it? That's probably why I quoted the post I was responding to.

:applause:

Sean Taylor

Marcus Washington

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis

Chris Cooley

Lavar Arrington (if he plays)

Mike Sellers

Yeah if Shawn Taylor doesn't scare you then you've never seen him play. Did any one see when Glenn went across the middle and reached for the ball only to pull his hands back in and purposely miss the ball because of Taylor being right there to make the hit? That was classic!

Now it's Tiki, Shockey, and Plaxiglass' turn! Sean "Hit Stick" Taylor will ROCK YOU!

DisgruntledNYGFAN?? Happy to concede overall series record to you, not a problem or slight of hand at all. But, will ask you again, where did it get you?? Giants have won 6 overall World championships? You are talking the N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS?? Answer my question. Just answer the question I asked you. How many Super Bowl Trophys does Washington have. How many do the Giants have? How many Super Bowls have the Redskins been to? How many have the Giants been to? Answer THOSE questions please, and then we can talk "weak".

LOL, we haven't overcome shoddy calls this season?!?!? That's just wrong. See e.g.the last Giants v. Eagles game.

If you don't understand that teams ebb and flow, peak and plummet at different times of the season, and that WHEN you play a team makes as much of a difference as WHO you play, then, quite simply, you just don't know jack about the NFL, and team sports in general.

If you didn't say that the Skins were the class of the NFC East, then that portion probably wasn't directed at you, now was it? That's probably why I quoted the post I was responding to.

:applause:

Oh for God's sake. You're going to show up one day, on one thread, and tell me what I do or don't know about anything? :doh:

First and foremost, I'm a Redskin fan. If there's anyone who knows about the ebb and flow of a season, it's yours truly. It seems like we peak and plummet more times than the friggin' Sierra-Nevada.

And you, sir, were the one who asked me to respond to your initial post. I thought at the time that it was fairly pointless to respond to a post you directed at someone else. However, as a gracious host, in my house, on my board, I attempted to oblige. Please pop a valium, and let's try to have an intelligent discussion about what should be a great game.

Oh for God's sake. You're going to show up one day, on one thread, and tell me what I do or don't know about anything? :doh:

First and foremost, I'm a Redskin fan. If there's anyone who knows about the ebb and flow of a season, it's yours truly. It seems like we peak and plummet more times than the friggin' Sierra-Nevada.

And you, sir, were the one who asked me to respond to your initial post. I thought at the time that it was fairly pointless to respond to a post you directed at someone else. However, as a gracious host, in my house, on my board, I attempted to oblige. Please pop a valium, and let's try to have an intelligent discussion about what should be a great game.

thank you sir:notworthy

Back to the matter at hand.

GO REDSKINS.

WE WANT THE GIANTS.

THE 12th MAN HAS TO BRING IT EVEN MOOOORRRRREEEE THIS GAME!!

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE AT THE GAME, BRING IT LIKE YOU NEVER EVEN THOUGHT YOU COULD!!!

AND IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE GAME, TELEPATHICALLY CONNECT WITH THE SKINS THROUGH YOUR TV SET, YOUR RADIO, AND/OR YOUR HEART, WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I say we go for 2,000 on this thread. Because the 'Skins are gonna need us even more this week.

Please don't get ahead of yourselves. The Giants are the class of the East. They are on a different level than the Cowboys. You guys have a chance because you are at home but as a Giants fan to be honest nobody on your team scares me. Not one player. That is not good.

Ummmm, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis Santana Moss don't concern you at all? That's very interesting!

Archived