Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chopping Down The Giants...for 1000. Giants Going Down!! (Merged)

sknsrbck26

Wrong! The Redskins are the class of the East and the NFC. We've had two games robbed from us (Tampa Bay not scoring on a two-point conversion and the Raiders fumbling (on their winning scoring drive) where the guy was ruled down, so the call wasn't reviewable). So in reality, we have the same record as the Giants

Uh, Hogger? You're not making us look too bright, here.

Our record is 8-6 -- 2 games behind the Giants. Period.

Here's to a hard-fought game Saturday and revenge for our Skins. HTTR.

The Redskins 1st 3 wins were shear luck. You should be 5-9. Remember when the game counted and the Giants played the Skins, the Giants easily pummeled them 36 to NOTHING. Count on something similar happening again next Saturday.

Other than the game against the Giants, you haven't watched any Redskins game this year, have you.

In the Tampa Bay game, the Skins defense was challenged to stop a two-point conversion by the Bucs. The defense came through and stopped them, but a confused official gave them the score. Replays (and league review) showed that the ball never got in. The Skins did what they needed to do to win, but they weren't awarded the win.

In the Raider game, the Skins defense was called upon again to stop a Raider scoring drive. The Skins D purposely caused a fumble which they recovered and which should have ended the game. Again, league review says that it was a fumble and the Redskins should have been awarded the ball and the game. But the refs on the field ruled the guy down and the play wasn't reviewable. Another win that got away.

These are just two examples of the many times this year when great plays by the Skins were nullified. So, what do you do when you make the play, but don't get the win? You accept that these things happen and you play through the adversity. It makes you stronger.

But I'll be d@mned if some snot-nosed Giant fan is going to come into my house (after their Cinderella season of 9 home games where the ref calls at home literally hand them victory after victory) and tell me that the Giants are a better team because they have a better record on an easier schedule.

It'll be a real testament to the Redskins resiliency and character if they can win the division this year. And, I think we've got a pretty good shot. We'll soundly defeat the Giants this weekend. And there's a mighty good chance of the Raiders pulling off an upset at home the following week. The Raiders are no worse than the Eagles and the Giants barely squeaked by that game.

Blah, blah, blah....We'll soundly defeat the Giants this weekend. And there's a mighty good chance of the Raiders pulling off an upset at home the following week. The Raiders are no worse than the Eagles and the Giants barely squeaked by that game.

Look, when these 2 teams met, the Giants beat hell outta the Skins, 36 to nothing. That why the Giants are in 1st place. And they will beat your Skins again right in your very own stadium on Saturday. You can bank on it.

The only all-pro on that list is Arrington and he is not having a good year. No one on that list is making the probowl. Like I said no one to fear.

You may not be scared by any of the skins, but as you dont play who cares, a couple of cowgirls were definetly scared of number 21 on sunday, a few receivers refused to attempt to catch the ball, cos they knew Taylor was in the area, the giants/skins game will be a good game and I expect the game to go to the home team, but the way the O line and portis is working in with the line will make life hard for your defence, coach gibbs has this team running red hot at the moment, if your team dis us like you do you gunna get slaughted.

Whadda ya know? An NFC East game, in December, with playoff implications for both teams, in which the ability to run the ball and stop the run may well be crucial.

Now let's shake hands, go to your corners, and come out smashmouthin'.

I'll buy that. This has the makings of a great game.

The Giants are not bad on the road. They have lost three games on the road. Two in overtime. Against Dallas the giants never got to touch the ball in overtime. Against Seattle our kicker missed 3 fieldgoals that would have won the game. Face it the Giants are the best team in the NFC EAST & next week they will send you home with a loss. Come on you could'nt even score a point on us last time we played. What kind of team are you. Tiki rushed for what 200 yards. Thats crazy and Portis had 9 yards rushing 9. Don't make yourselves look stupid by comparing the Skins to the Giants. We are just on a different level. I would pray for some turnovers because that is the only way you will have a chance. I don't think we will blow you out but around a ten point win sounds about right.

We are home.

Sentences that contain a question end in question marks.

Couldn't is abbreviated as couldn't not could'nt.

If you lose, you'll be the kind of guy that completely disappears off the face of the Earth. I can see it from a mile away.

Other than the game against the Giants, you haven't watched any Redskins game this year, have you.

In the Tampa Bay game, the Skins defense was challenged to stop a two-point conversion by the Bucs. The defense came through and stopped them, but a confused official gave them the score. Replays (and league review) showed that the ball never got in. The Skins did what they needed to do to win, but they weren't awarded the win.

In the Raider game, the Skins defense was called upon again to stop a Raider scoring drive. The Skins D purposely caused a fumble which they recovered and which should have ended the game. Again, league review says that it was a fumble and the Redskins should have been awarded the ball and the game. But the refs on the field ruled the guy down and the play wasn't reviewable. Another win that got away.

These are just two examples of the many times this year when great plays by the Skins were nullified. So, what do you do when you make the play, but don't get the win? You accept that these things happen and you play through the adversity. It makes you stronger.

But I'll be d@mned if some snot-nosed Giant fan is going to come into my house (after their Cinderella season of 9 home games where the ref calls at home literally hand them victory after victory) and tell me that the Giants are a better team because they have a better record on an easier schedule.

It'll be a real testament to the Redskins resiliency and character if they can win the division this year. And, I think we've got a pretty good shot. We'll soundly defeat the Giants this weekend. And there's a mighty good chance of the Raiders pulling off an upset at home the following week. The Raiders are no worse than the Eagles and the Giants barely squeaked by that game.

The Giants are the better team. They are 10-4, the Redskins are 8-6. The Giants beat the Redskins 36-0, and there were no blown calls that cost the Redskins that game. Facts are facts. The same thing could be said for a ton of other teams in the league. If you think that the Giants would have lost to the Saints in Baton Rouge, w/ less than 20,000 in attendance, you're delusional.

The Redskins 1st 3 wins were shear luck. You should be 5-9. Remember when the game counted and the Giants played the Skins, the Giants easily pummeled them 36 to NOTHING. Count on something similar happening again next Saturday.

I think you meen sheer luck. The same luck that gave the Giants an extra home game this year.

Nice how you back up your argument that the team won by shear luck alone.

Take that nonsense about 5-9 to the curb with the trash.

The Giants should be worried.

Eli looks less than accurate, and they are going up against a top 10 defense on the road. KC's Defense is back of the pack.

Your Christmas present is a road game loss.

edit spelling

Let's see how honest you are. I will give you the choice. You can have one wide on your team who would you take Plaxico or Santana.

Santana's numbers are sleightly better but who else is Brunell gonna throw to? Thrash:laugh: . If you ask me which player is better in any situation I will answer honestly weather he is on my team or not. Can you do the same?

I, for one, can honestly say that it depends upon what you're looking for & need for your offense. Plax has good speed for a big man and is very good at creating space. He also seems to have great hands. Doesn't drop many balls.

Moss has speed to burn and nobody's better at YAC. He's also got great hands & more guts than I've seen from a small receiver since Gary Clark. He will go into traffic & come out with the ball, especially when he KNOWS he gonna get waxed. I can't believe the Jets would rather have Coles than him. Makes NO sense to me.....

Both guys are GREAT, IMHO. It's not a matter of who's better. It's a matter of what you need & what style you prefer.

All of this is just pointless diversion from your original assine comment that there's NO ONE on the 'Skins that you fear. That's fine. Go ahead. Sleep on 'em......know what......just go ahead and CANCEL practice this week....NOTHING to worry about here.......take the boyz out to Score's & celebrate Howard's move to satellite.......

See you Saturday. I think it's gonna be extremely tight. I certainly hope 'Skins come out on top and think that hope's not unrealistic. But, it's basically a pick 'em game. You can talk backs & receivers all day long but it's gonna come down to which team controls the line of scrimmage. It usually does. 'Skins got whipped in that regard on both sides of the ball last time, thus the score. I suspect it will be different this time around.

If it doesn't go the 'Skins way, we all KNOW you'll be back to gloat. If it doesn't go your way, hope you're man enough to come on back & take your beating.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

This guy matt has nothing to add. Put this guy on ignore. No players on the skins to worry about? I think that says enough. He's a troll.

Disgruntled, pre superbowl championships were a different game altogether. No playoffs, less teams. Eaglefan tries to argue that nonsense, and it doesn't wash with him either. There wasn't even a playoff game before 1933.

This guy matt has nothing to add. Put this guy on ignore. No players on the skins to worry about? I think that says enough. He's a troll.

Disgruntled, pre superbowl championships were a different game altogether. No playoffs, less teams. Eaglefan tries to argue that nonsense, and it doesn't wash with him either. There wasn't even a playoff game before 1933.

What are you talking about? Please explain how the skins will beat the Giants?

Seems to me there's a straight up answer to your question Matt; twelfth man. It's why you beat us earlier in the season with a stadium full of emotion at the death of Wellington Mara, because we let it unnerve us, and it's why we'll beat you here. With nearly 100,000 fans in the stadium, hopped up at the thought of our first playoff berth in years, do you think the Giants will be able to concentrate? I don't care HOW good a team they are normally. All those false starts and penalties yesterday weren't accidental. In addition, your team is coming off a pretty good win and remembering what they did last time to us, so they'll really have to guard against carelessness. We have found our stride in the past few weeks, so that game back then is history!

Seems to me there's a straight up answer to your question Matt; twelfth man. It's why you beat us earlier in the season with a stadium full of emotion at the death of Wellington Mara, because we let it unnerve us, and it's why we'll beat you here. With nearly 100,000 fans in the stadium, hopped up at the thought of our first playoff berth in years, do you think the Giants will be able to concentrate? I don't care HOW good a team they are normally. All those false starts and penalties yesterday weren't accidental. In addition, your team is coming off a pretty good win and remembering what they did last time to us, so they'll really have to guard against carelessness. We have found our stride in the past few weeks, so that game back then is history!

Do you think they're going to let their guard down knowing that they still need a win to clinch the division and after watching the Redskins wax the Cowboys basically 35-0??? You're crazy. They'll be ready. Maybe if you won a close, low scoring game. I'm sure 35 points on the Cowboys got their attention, plus, they have an extra day to prepare. While the Redskins are off tomorrow, the Giants will be practicing.

Ah, but what about the twefth man? That was my main point! Got no answer for that one?

Yeah, it's called Christmas Eve w/ 508 current auctions for tickets as of right now... Last week it was 400 and some... Tickets for this game hit the market as soon as they went on sale in August. There will be a lot of Giants fans there. Good enough?

Ebay

Oh, excuse me, I'm sooo worried. For every Giant fan who wants to buy a ticket there are five dedicated skins fans waiting to out bid him. There are something like 12,000 people on the season ticket waiting list. You think those guys wouldn't give their right arm, even on Christmas eve, to be out there rooting for a playoff spot? You can dream, but that'll be all it is. A pipe dream.

Oh, excuse me, I'm sooo worried. For every Giant fan who wants to buy a ticket there are five dedicated skins fans waiting to out bid him. There are something like 12,000 people on the season ticket waiting list. You think those guys wouldn't give their right arm, even on Christmas eve, to be out there rooting for a playoff spot? You can dream, but that'll be all it is. A pipe dream.

Well, I guess it's just a dream then. I thought the game was won and lost on the field, not in the stands. But hey, who am I to argue when it comes to the Superbowl Champions every year (March through August anyways).

"I'm looking at the schedule, I see twelve and four, and I don't even know where the four losses are going to come from!" -Doc Walker, 2004 Preseason

Yeah, it's called Christmas Eve w/ 508 current auctions for tickets as of right now... Last week it was 400 and some... Tickets for this game hit the market as soon as they went on sale in August. There will be a lot of Giants fans there. Good enough?

Ebay

The 12th man is a nice bonus, but the real difference between this upcoming game and that Oct 30th massacre is that the Redskins will have Griffin and Salavea realtively healthy for this game.

In their first meeting the Redskins were having to play backup DE's as their starting DT's and forced to play 3-4 in running downs because of injuries.

Tiki is amazing, and I have no doubt he'll get his yards. But I don't believe he'll get enough to carry Eli like he's been doing in the second half of this year.

Archived