Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barrow

Fifty Gut

I'm sitting here rewatching the game, and did anyone else notice Michael Barrow is playing for Dallas?

Barrow thought he had the leg up on our D because he played for us, but Coach Williams switched from hand signals to wristbands to call defensive plays

haha, no matter what you try Dallas, you still couldn't do **** :laugh:

Barrow's a bum trying to act like a spy - it obviously did them alot of good. The story about him trying to give tips about our D isn't surprising - just the fact that they reported on it was evidence that he was telling people outside of his team what he tried to do.

Yeah, what an ass. We treated that guy better than we should have. I recall we didn't put him on IR last season until very late in the year, hoping he might be able to get some play time in during the season. Then he goes to the Cowboys, where he is clearly not in Tuna's long term plans, simply to act as a spy.

Of course, he winds up out of the game from the 1st quarter. Parcells probably fired him in the locker room after the game so they don't have to pay to fly him back to Dallas.

Barrow was signed a few weeks ago to replace Dat Nguyen, who was lost for the season. Although spying may have been part of the reason they signed him, the Cowboys did have a legitmate need for a middle linebacker, and Barrow was one of the best available.

Yeah, what an ass. We treated that guy better than we should have. I recall we didn't put him on IR last season until very late in the year, hoping he might be able to get some play time in during the season. Then he goes to the Cowboys, where he is clearly not in Tuna's long term plans, simply to act as a spy.

Of course, he winds up out of the game from the 1st quarter. Parcells probably fired him in the locker room after the game so they don't have to pay to fly him back to Dallas.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's interesting. We should do it against the Giants since they have Pierce and Hasselbeck. How did he use wrist bands to call plays?

I'm sure they just numbered their play calls on the wrist bands and called out the numbers that corresponded to each play on their wristbands so as they wouldn't tip their hands with the Barrow situation and playcalling.

Barrow has at least as good a knowledge of our defensive schemes as Pierce does. They both started learning the system at the same time, and though Barrow never got on the field, he continued to study the D and acted as an informal assistant coach for much of his tenure here.

That said, it's hard to say why this seemed to be such a problem in the Giants game. Obviously a lot of time will be spent this week disguising calls and trying to game plan a little less predictably.

I noticed him on the sideline gettin his knee doctored up.. So I hope he is well, but I am glad he is not playing with us anymore. Too risky and I'm sure he has some effect on our cap

Mike Barrow was a very good MIKE. By the time his career ended with the Giants, he had really lost a step. I can't imagine him being very effective unless it's on a running play where the runner come right at him.

Barrow did what anyone would have done get paid for playing football . I wish him no ill will and has been said he was probably one of the best MLBs available for the cowboys when Dat went down .... just coincedence .....if Dat went down this week they would still probably have picked him up durring this week as a replacement .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good god, I choked on my coffee. And you're probably right too. Not even cut him on the plane ride, as Parcells has done in the past - do it in the locker room itself!

Archived