Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know we want KC to win, but what about New England?

UltimateSkinsFan

']Art' date='

If the Bucs, Panthers, and Skins are the one's who finish 10-6, it won't be multiple teams. They do the tiebreaker between the Bucs and Panthers first. That means the Vikings are the only other team that can finish 10-6 for multiple team tiebreakers to take effect. The Falcons are also in the Bucs and Panthers division. Division tiebreakers come first before the multiple team one's do from other divisions.

[url']http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers[/url]

Tom,

I understand what comes first and what comes second.

My point being if there are multiple teams tied at 10-6 vying for the wild card we win. Period. No ifs ands or buts.

Ultimately it would be best for us if you lose tonight so we can say we control our own destiny. But, even if you win, we're ok, as long as we win.

There is NO reason to want tampa to win, even if you hope for them to win their division,. They are playing an AFC team which can have all the wins in the world for all I care, I want all other non-skins NFC teams to lose. Shiz could happen that would make us want to be ahead of tampa.

I am not really concerned about the Giants or Bucs. Sure I would love them to lose because that defniitely increases our chances of making the playoffs, but we only have an outside chance of catching the Giants and the Bucs. I just want to get in the playoffs. I don't really care how we do it. And if we win out, we will be in. All we have to do is take care of ourselves.

I disagree

we want carolina to win out cause they play the cowgirls

we want the bucs to lose out

and the falcons to only beat the bucs

EXACTLY!

The Bucs beating the Pats does absolutely nothing for us. If they go ahead and win, then we have one less opportunity to get in the playoffs as a Wild Card. They might as well lose so that we still have a chance.

If we end at 10-6, (assuming that the Giants only loss comes against us and they finish 11-5 and win the East) we can still win a tie breaker over the Bucs as long as there is another team tied at 10-6 in a 3 way scenario.

We want Carolina to beat Dallas and maybe Atlanta, so Carolina will be at least 10-6. 10-6 would get us in the playoffs no matter what happens with Carolina and Tampa.

Root for the Patriots, but it only matters in terms of what seed we would get. The teams we mostly care about losing are Dallas, Minnesota, Atlanta and NY.

First, barring MULTIPLE ties in head to head games we can't miss out on the playoffs if we win out.

Second, even if the Giants win, we largely control our own destiny for the wild card assuming we win out. It's not hard guys. We don't need like four teams to lose. We need ONE team to lose. The Vikes or the Falcons are prime examples of teams we would like to lose.

One game and we're in.

The most unrealistic part of our chances is our ability to win out. If we do there's almost no way we're out whether we're divisional winners or a wild card.

Art, you're absolutely right. I didn't realize this until now. If we win out, we're in the playoffs, regardless of what happens with the Bucs. Good analysis.

We want Carolina to beat Dallas and maybe Atlanta, so Carolina will be at least 10-6. 10-6 would get us in the playoffs no matter what happens with Carolina and Tampa.

Root for the Patriots, but it only matters in terms of what seed we would get. The teams we mostly care about losing are Dallas, Minnesota, Atlanta and NY.

If the Skins win out, we don't need anyone to beat the Cowboys...their winning or losing will become irrelevant.

We want the Bucs to win. If they win their division we don't have to worry about them. We would win a tiebreaker over any other NFC south team so the best thing would be for the Bucs to win it. So we want the Bucs to win and the the Falcons and Panthers to lose.

Exactly. The Bucs is the only team that holds a tie breaker over us. Let them win their division and we won't have to compete with them for a wild card IF we don't win the NFC East.

I think If KC beats New York we wont need help from anyone else because if we win out after New York loses today, we win the division, plain and simple

Exactly. I don't give a crap about Atlanta or Minnesota. I want KC to win. Then, the division is ours for the taking...Assuming we beat Dallas tomorrow...Which is, of course, a big assumption.

Exactly. The Bucs is the only team that holds a tie breaker over us. Let them win their division and we won't have to compete with them for a wild card IF we don't win the NFC East.

The only way the Bucs holding a tiebreaker over the Skins would matter is if the Vikings or Falcons won their last three games along with the Skins...and neither Atlanta or Minneapolis is gonna go 3-0. The Bucs and Skins being alone in a two-way tie for the 6ths seed is probably scenario #17 on the "Most Likely Scenarios" list.

Everyone needs to remember we win all tiebreakers with all 10-6 teams even if Tampa is there, IF there are MULTIPLE teams there. If there are three teams there the head-to-head is thrown out. We're rooting pretty much for everyone in the NFC to lose :). At 10-6 you could EVEN manage the No. 2 seed in the playoffs if the division winners of BOTH the south and north finished 10-6.

That is great news because I really dislike Tampa Bay fans due to their outright refusal to acknowledge that the refs should not have signaled a TD on the Alstot 2pt try since there was not visual evidence to suggest that the ball crossed the plane.

I don't mean to bring it up but I knew at the time just how critical that play would be as far as playoff implications were concerned.

I refuse to root for them and I hope they lose the rest of their games.

']Art' date='

If the Bucs, Panthers, and Skins are the one's who finish 10-6, it won't be multiple teams. They do the tiebreaker between the Bucs and Panthers first. That means the Vikings are the only other team that can finish 10-6 for multiple team tiebreakers to take effect. The Falcons are also in the Bucs and Panthers division. Division tiebreakers come first before the multiple team one's do from other divisions.

[url']http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers[/url]

Tom,

I understand what comes first and what comes second.

My point being if there are multiple teams tied at 10-6 vying for the wild card we win. Period. No ifs ands or buts.

Ultimately it would be best for us if you lose tonight so we can say we control our own destiny. But, even if you win, we're ok, as long as we win.

Tom makes a good point, but the scenario is pretty remote. If Carolina wins the NFC South at 11-5 while Tampa and Atlanta both finish 10-6 (a pretty reasonable possibility), and the Vikings and Bears both finish 11-5 or better (not that likely), we would be out because Tampa would get the tiebreaker over Atlanta first.

...In the really fluky scenario of Atlanta winning the NFC South or all three NFC South teams finishing at 10-6, we could be in a similar situation, but we'd really only be out if the Vikings and Bears are ahead of us.

Tampa has tiebreakers over us and also over the NFC South teams, so they are really in the best position for the playoffs in the event of any ties. However, we're in the second-best position, and luckily there are two spots, so there are only a few very remote situations where we would finish 10-6 and not make it.

If the Vikings lose tomorrow, we won't have to worry about any of these nightmare scenarios. If the Giants lose this afternoon, we can forget we even had this conversation.

...by the way, I say root against Tampa. The chances of one of these nightmares scenarios playing out is about as remote as the chances of Tampa losing out, so we might as well root for them to lose out.

Archived