Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know we want KC to win, but what about New England?

UltimateSkinsFan

I did a search, so sorry if this has already been posted. I know we want KC to beat the Giants..but do we want Tampa or New England to win? Is Tampa to far ahead (with beating us) to catch for at least a wild card??

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(proud son of a WWII ETO Vet)

I did a search, so sorry if this has already been posted. I know we want KC to beat the Giants..but do we want Tampa or New England to win? Is Tampa to far ahead (with beating us) to catch for at least a wild card??

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(proud son of a WWII ETO Vet)

We want the Bucs to win. If they win their division we don't have to worry about them. We would win a tiebreaker over any other NFC south team so the best thing would be for the Bucs to win it. So we want the Bucs to win and the the Falcons and Panthers to lose.

Everyone needs to remember we win all tiebreakers with all 10-6 teams even if Tampa is there, IF there are MULTIPLE teams there. If there are three teams there the head-to-head is thrown out. We're rooting pretty much for everyone in the NFC to lose :). At 10-6 you could EVEN manage the No. 2 seed in the playoffs if the division winners of BOTH the south and north finished 10-6.

I disagree

we want carolina to win out cause they play the cowgirls

we want the bucs to lose out

and the falcons to only beat the bucs

I agree for the wildcard but I think we have a better chance for the division right now. It depends on if The Giants win or lose today what we should go after.:gaintsuck :dallasuck

Everyone needs to remember we win all tiebreakers with all 10-6 teams even if Tampa is there, IF there are MULTIPLE teams there. If there are three teams there the head-to-head is thrown out. We're rooting pretty much for everyone in the NFC to lose :). At 10-6 you could EVEN manage the No. 2 seed in the playoffs if the division winners of BOTH the south and north finished 10-6.

That's a good point Art. But there is a risk that there could be only two teams fighting for the last seed, and it's possible those two teams could be TB and Redskins. And in that case, we don't get in. Therefore, it seems to me we should hope that the Bucs win their division, taking them out of the equation, which means we should hope they beat the Patriots. You can make arguements against this, but realistically, it seems to me that rooting for the Bucs to beat the Patriots seems to be the most reasonable choice.

That's a good point Art. But there is a risk that there could be only two teams fighting for the last seed, and it's possible those two teams could be TB and Redskins. And in that case, we don't get in. Therefore, it seems to me we should hope that the Bucs win their division, taking them out of the equation, which means we should hope they beat the Patriots. You can make arguements against this, but realistically, it seems to me that rooting for the Bucs to beat the Patriots seems to be the most reasonable choice.

Mark,

It's nearly impossible for only Tampa and Washington to be alone at 10-6 fighting for the last spot so it's not realistic at all for you to think the way you do.

Look at the teams ahead of us and the schedule. It's just about impossible for this situation to occur. Balance the following facts to see why. Chicago, Atlanta and Minnesota are all one game up on us. Chicago and Minnesota play so, by definition, you're calling for Minnesota to win so another team doesn't fall to the 6-loss category. Chicago and Atlanta play. If they tie, we hate life. If they don't tie, we love it as the winner falls into the 10-6 range and adds a third team to the mix should Tampa fall there as well.

So, while you're predicting the possibility of a tie as a realistic option, I'm simply weighing the fact that someone has to lose the Atlanta/Chicago game and that, alone, puts us in the driver's seat. Again, this all assumes WE win out. We don't do that it doesn't really matter.

But, if we do, we have a realistic chance at a No. 2 seed in the playoffs. A MORE realistic chance than predicting ties :).

Let's hope the Giants lose today and pray the Saints play one game in the sun :).

I don't believe most people understand -

KC must win or the Skins are dead.

You see, Giants will not lose to Raiders.

Math show Skins wildcard very long shot.

KC loses today, then tomorrow Skins/Dallas game nearly meaningless.

It's a fact Jack.

KC loses today, then tomorrow Skins/Dallas game neraly meaningless.

It's a fact Jack.

You couldn't be more wrong...

Only way the Skins DON'T make it in the playoffs at 10-6 is if Atlanta or Minnesota goes 3-0 down the stretch...you make it sound like both are a foregone conclusion. As long as they both lose just one game--and who the hell realistically thinks that won't happen--the Skins make it into the playoffs at 10-6.

*EDIT: just realized that was your first post...and 99 times out of 100, whenver anyone's first post is THAT off-base, it's because they meant for it to be off-base...lol...

:notworthy sounds almost too good to be true. I keep having nightmares of the Redskins running the table and still not making the playoffs. I truly think its a conspiracy to allow the Giants in at the expense of any other team such as the Redskins. Giants are cleary the favorites of the NFL with their extra home game and phantom referee calls throughout this entire season :mad:

KC loses today, then tomorrow Skins/Dallas game nearly meaningless.

It's a fact Jack.

thats what im trying to say, if kc loses we are done

if they win, then we are playing for the crown, the wildcard we need like 4 teams to lose

thats what im trying to say, if kc loses we are done

if they win, then we are playing for the crown, the wildcard we need like 4 teams to lose

*sigh*...Only need two teams to lose once in the last three weeks: Vikings and Falcons. Raise your hand if you feel overly confident that the Vikings will easily take care of the Steelers this weekend...and stand on your chair and clap real loud if you're convinced the Falcons will have a cakewalk beating the Bears, Bucs and Panthers in their last three games.

Ticket for Skins is winning the Division. Any other scenario is fantasy.

With Brunnel avg. 125 yds/game for last four outings, Portis needs to do his Reggie Bush impersonation tomorrow.

KC loss today all but eliminates Skins from any Division title hope.

Smell the coffee.

Art,

If the Bucs, Panthers, and Skins are the one's who finish 10-6, it won't be multiple teams. They do the tiebreaker between the Bucs and Panthers first. That means the Vikings are the only other team that can finish 10-6 for multiple team tiebreakers to take effect. The Falcons are also in the Bucs and Panthers division. Division tiebreakers come first before the multiple team one's do from other divisions.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

I love all the speculation, but tomorrow's game has my stomach all in a knot. We just have to win it, otherwise the season is most likely toast. We have a chance at 9-7, but I don't like those chances because if we cannot beat the Cowboys at home, what would make anyone believe we could beat the Giants at home. The Giants are better than the Cowboys.

First, barring MULTIPLE ties in head to head games we can't miss out on the playoffs if we win out.

Second, even if the Giants win, we largely control our own destiny for the wild card assuming we win out. It's not hard guys. We don't need like four teams to lose. We need ONE team to lose. The Vikes or the Falcons are prime examples of teams we would like to lose.

One game and we're in.

The most unrealistic part of our chances is our ability to win out. If we do there's almost no way we're out whether we're divisional winners or a wild card.

Archived