Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Is Bullsh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry fellas,

I'll scope him out. One of these pricks sits in the section next to mine. If he gets out of hand, I'll pluck him with something. By the way, we need a Smile Icon that pisses on something.

I just got my CLUB seats at 212 per seat off ebay today!!!! I am so excited....I have never seen the BIRDS lose at that green and orange putrid stadium the last two years...and it aint gonna start now. I live in pittsburgh, hate the STILLERS.....live off my Sunday ticket and the 4 or 5 road games I see per year....this year I go on the road to Wash...SF....SEATTLE....and the Meadowlands......does anyone care?...I do.....I am as big an eagles fan as they come......and am bleeding green waiting for the season to start...coming home from OBX a few weeks ago I was listening to AM 980 and their dj "JT" abusing the EAGS...I called in...laid down my two cents in that if the ********s were going to the super bowl this year they had better learn how to beat the EAGS on their home turf.....two seconds of silence beofre I got abused....but it was worth it!!!!!

Originally posted by THiTo48

yes i sensed the sarcasm... thanks for your insightful post...

But he has a point. I have been to Redskins games in Seattle, Green Bay, Baltimore, and Detroit. Have seen quite a few fellow Redskin fans at these places. Should we not be allowed to go to away games if we can get tickets and support out team?

Originally posted by Craig

But he has a point. I have been to Redskins games in Seattle, Green Bay, Baltimore, and Detroit. Have seen quite a few fellow Redskin fans at these places. Should we not be allowed to go to away games if we can get tickets and support out team?

i was at the Skins game Sunday night and it p!ssed me off to see so many Steelers fans... preseason or not, this is OUR field and the Skins fanbase should DOMINATE... u are always, no matter what, going to see fans from the opposing team at ANY stadium u go to... but this thread on the Eagles board just proves my point about how opposing fans disrespect our stadium... they talk about coming here like it's christmas... we make it WAY to easy for opposing fans to get tickets... he's bragging about buying CLUB LEVEL tickets off eBay!!!! what kind of Skins fan sells his CLUB LEVEL tickets on eBay???? it's pathetic... it's not so much that Eagles fans are at the games, but it's the amount of Eagles fans at the games... and that goes for other teams as well...

I feel pretty good about keeping large cadres of opposing fans out 1st adn 3rd tier of the stadium, because those are seats of season ticket holders. And as we all know, only true fans can become a season ticket holder because the wait list is 30 years long. So there, we only have to worry about the scalping market.

But, there is no real way to stop large amounts of opposing fans from making there way into the Club Level of Fed Ex, because anyone can buy their way into the club level.

First of all, the club/louge/dream seats aren't even sold out. There are still about 250 packages up for sale. The point is, you don't have to be a life long fan. Many of the fans in the club level are new to DC and are new Skins fans ... with a bunch of money in their pockets.

Second, Synder requires all club seat holders to purchase their club seats on 5, 7, or 10 year contracts. And you can't realistically cancel the contract early or sell them back to the team. [You can, however, redeem actual season holder tickets]

In a transcient town like DC, those 5-10 year committments are way too long to expect the original ticket holder to serve out the term. And given that a pair of club seats run about $5K a season, you will always see club seats for sale on E-Bay.

Although I love the immendities of the club level, I really miss being aroudn the die hard fans in the first and third tier. And I wish to God I didn't redeem my actual season tickets to jump into the club.

The best way of keeping rival fans out of your stadium is to make shure they don't enjoy the game.

Admit it: When Darth Visor hangs 40 points on an NFC East rival, when LaVarr rings McNabb's chimes for the fourth time; etc. . . wouldn't you really rather be sitting next to a guy wearing green?

Originally posted by Larry

The best way of keeping rival fans out of your stadium is to make shure they don't enjoy the game.

Admit it: When Darth Visor hangs 40 points on an NFC East rival, when LaVarr rings McNabb's chimes for the fourth time; etc. . . wouldn't you really rather be sitting next to a guy wearing green?

:laugh: that's a good point :laugh:

but i'd still rather see more Skins fans...

Welcome to the new league economy, where most tix are bought in bulk or at a premium by businesses, as opposed to by individuals who are themselves fans. These tix are meant to be distributed to employees or to be given to business customers, etc. This means that they're given to people who have less fan affinity than in years past. It also means more revenue for the team. Alas, the game is changing . . .

It is a real problem in the DC area, because there are so many very wealthy yuppies from other cities who do not want to root for local teams, but expect to be able to go to the games.

In the past, a very hostile atmosphere at places like RFK, Memorial, and Cole Field House kept these guys at bay.

But the new DC/Baltimore stadia are built to make these people feel at home. A few die-hards, who take a risk, is one thing. However, when you can hear the cheers for the opposing team on TV, that is very, very bad.

Ticket holders need to be more careful about who they sell to.

And owners, like Snyder, need to enforce a security policy which is quick to expel loud boosters of opposing teams but allows Skins' fans free reign to insult the entire bloodline of visiting team's boosters.

the difference is that Redskins or Giants fans don't throw batteries at the players on the field and whiskey bottles in the parking lot when other teams' fans catch a game on the road.

in Philly, the fans act just as the downtown area looks, FILTHY.

the truth is that with the way Philly fans treated players like Mike Schmidt and Mitch Williams they don't deserve a championship team.

as a Lakers' fan it was a double pleasure to see the Sixers get their butts kicked at home and get closed out 4-1 with 4 straight losses in the NBA Finals in 2001 :)

There is just as many if not more, folks going to the 49ers game that are SKins fans this year. The best way to shut all those Eagles fans up if for Lavar to knock out Mcnabb and have the Skins throw up 40+ points on the Eagle Defense. I don't think their crowd will be very loud.....

Originally posted by THiTo48

i was at the Skins game Sunday night and it p!ssed me off to see so many Steelers fans... preseason or not, this is OUR field and the Skins fanbase should DOMINATE... u are always, no matter what, going to see fans from the opposing team at ANY stadium u go to... but this thread on the Eagles board just proves my point about how opposing fans disrespect our stadium... they talk about coming here like it's christmas... we make it WAY to easy for opposing fans to get tickets... he's bragging about buying CLUB LEVEL tickets off eBay!!!! what kind of Skins fan sells his CLUB LEVEL tickets on eBay???? it's pathetic... it's not so much that Eagles fans are at the games, but it's the amount of Eagles fans at the games... and that goes for other teams as well...

I admit, it is irritating when you see the large number of opposing teams fans at a Redskings/Eagles game, or, even worse, a Redskins/Cowboys game. Like it or not, I think it is a reflection of the Skins record the last few years. Once they turn the program around, hopefully it will be more like it was during the Gibbs era.

Although, I gotta admit, there is one aspect of this that would really tick me off if I was in that area.

I think all of you can imagine how I'd feel (because, I suspect, some of you are in this position) if I'd been on the ticket waiting list for 10 years, and I can't get in, because all the tickets are sold to people who have no intention of going to the games, but are simply living off of the money from scalping them.

I knew some folks who had tickets back when I lived there. They bragged about how smart they were to sign up a long time ago, because now they could sell the tickets at a profit, and if the Skins made the playoffs, then they might go.

I keep thinking Dan Snyder would do something about this, simply because those folks are making money that the Skins could be making.

OTOH, coming up with a system that prevents scalping, but doesn't punish people who occasionally can't make it to the game, (or who want to loan the tickets to cousin Ralph from Miami one week, or whatever) might cost more to administer than what you're losing to the scalpers.

Archived