Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biggest Game in FedEx History

jrockster21

This is the biggest game FedEx has EVER seen in its short history. I posted this in another unrelated thread, but I think it deserves its own. Here are the reasons why (according to me). Feel free to add your own!

1. Its against the Cowboys to overtake them in the wild-card race; basically whoever loses is pretty much out of it.

2. We beat them in spectacular fashion on Monday night in week 2 -- if that doesn't have both teams pumped up, nothing will.

3. Whoever wins has the best shot of overtaking the GMen to win the division.

4. Its the Cowboys.

5. Its the Cowboys.

6. Its Gibbs first chance since he came back to give this town some honest-to-goodness hope for making the playoffs.

7. Its for the friggin season sweep of the Cowgirls!!!

8. This is could be the regeneration of the rivalry -- sweep the Cowboys for the advantage in the wild-card race, when most people had written us off long ago?? You can't write it better than that.

9. So many subplots -- ST vs. Meshawn, ST vs. the trick play, Gibbs vs. Parcells (maybe their last meeting ever), Cooley vs. Parcells, etc. etc. etc.

I know some are going to say that the playoff game against the Lions was bigger, but 1) this IS a playoff game, and 2) nobody ever doubted we'd crush the Lions. I never did anyway...the Skins own the Lions.

You just know this game, whichever way it goes, is going to be an excellent, nail-biting, fight to the finish game. A classic, NFC East smashmouth football kind of game. The team that wants it the most is going to win.

HELLS YES! ARE YOU READY??? CAN YOU HANDLE IT???

I have no idea how I'm going to last until Sunday. I almost hope the Giants win, because if they lose, my head might explode from anticipation!!!!

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

I'll add -- those of you who have ticket stubs might want to save them...they're going to be collectors items!! (goskins -- I'll get yours autographed for ya!! ;) )

ill put it in the top 3 but the 99 playoff game did it for me

Top 3?? What other game has been bigger??? Dude...the playoff game, that was sweet. But nobody thought the Lions could beat us. It didn't have the feel of this game. The rivalry alone makes this game bigger, in my opinion.

I will say this...IF we win this game and the GMen lose to KC, the next week against the Giants will replace this game as the biggest FedEx has ever seen, that is for sure.

alright whatever...top 2

I dont care how bad we were suppose to beat them. Its the only playoffs ive ever seen them in and i went to the game. That crowd was unbelievable.

We have to win for it to be the best game...it could just as easily be the worse ( but i dont think it will be). But i agree with what you said, if we win and the GTrolls lose THAT will be the best game at FEDEX

I know some are going to say that the playoff game against the Lions was bigger, but 1) this IS a playoff game, and 2) nobody ever doubted we'd crush the Lions. I never did anyway...the Skins own the Lions.

I disagree with you here. We lost to the Lions that year in week in week 13. The score was 33-17. It was very possible for the 'skins to lose that one. The Tampa Bay game was also pretty big.

Other than that, I agree with you completely.

Good stuff.

Top 3?? What other game has been bigger??? Dude...the playoff game, that was sweet. But nobody thought the Lions could beat us. It didn't have the feel of this game. The rivalry alone makes this game bigger, in my opinion.

I will say this...IF we win this game and the GMen lose to KC, the next week against the Giants will replace this game as the biggest FedEx has ever seen, that is for sure.

I assume the Tampa Bay game is the other one (Divisional Playoof games are huge). I already answered the point about the Lions above (we lost to them 33-17 only a few weeks prior to that game). This game is probably 3rd behind those, which is pretty darn good.

I hope you are right about the G-MEN game. I have tickets to that one. Great seats, too (section 142, 50-yard line, 4th row, home team side).

I assume the Tampa Bay game is the other one (Divisional Playoof games are huge). I already answered the point about the Lions above (we lost to them 33-17 only a few weeks prior to that game). This game is probably 3rd behind those, which is pretty darn good.

I think that game was in Tampa, wasn't it?

I hope you are right about the G-MEN game. I have tickets to that one. Great seats, too (section 142, 50-yard line, 4th row, home team side).

I'll be there as well!! Section 403 row 19. If the Skins beat the Girls (as I think they will) and the Giants lose to KC, which is definitely in the realm of possibility, that will be a HUGE game. Oh man....my first regular season game at FedEx a December game against the Giants for the division.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Yep, you are right. So, it is the second biggest game in FedEx history.

Hopefully the Giants game will take that honor the following week. I'll be there, and I'll be heard! :cheers:

Oh...don't worry. I don't plan on leaving that game with any kind of vocal chords!! Win or lose on Sunday, I will be cheering my boys on NEXT sunday!! HELLS YES!!!

I'll give it top 3 billing like others in this thread, but sorry any playoff game is bigger no matter what. How about this is the top Fed Ex game in regular season? (I'll buy into that)

But you missed the fact that this IS a playoff game. We lose, and essentially we're out of the playoffs. We win, hope is still alive.

Granted, this game will be bigger if KC wins, but it will still be big, because we'll hold the tie-breaker over Dallas for a Wild Card spot.

:wewantd: :cheers:

The Lions game also was great because during that earlier regular season loss much had been made about how the Silverdome crowd noise had affected the Skins and I think the Redskin faithful took that as a challenge to whip it up for the playoff game.

The Lions game probably marked the most sustained a crowd has been loud. But there was a point where we were on defense in the thrid quarter of last year's MNF against the Cowboys where I swear that place has never been louder. This Sunday should be fun.

But you missed the fact that this IS a playoff game. We lose, and essentially we're out of the playoffs. We win, hope is still alive.

Granted, this game will be bigger if KC wins, but it will still be big, because we'll hold the tie-breaker over Dallas for a Wild Card spot.

:wewantd: :cheers:

Top 3 ain't bad! But best ever? I'm not buying it, playoff games are different from regular season games. Even the big ones. One - it denotes a higher caliber of competition (which the cowboys don't necessarily qualify for). Two - the playoffs are final not probable (let's face it, the winner of this game may have an inside track but still doesn't necessarily make the playoffs). I am psyched though, that it's a top 3 type game with Dallas and we have a chance to knock them out of playoff contention.

:wavetowel

That's the beauty of it. We don't have to say ...IF, because we'll know in 36 hours. And that will just increase the intensity, either way. Whether Giants win or lose, Redskins still MUST win. We'll just have more info re chances at NFC East or wildcard. But the intensity will go up a notch, for sure.

And that Lions game was intense. I have an hour of VHS video of that game. GREAT GAME! And the crowd was absolutely unbelieveable, from the very first moment of the kickoff, on. I still remember it like yesterday. We sacked Frerotte on the second play, I think. He dislocated his finger, had to call a time out. Three and out. The stadium was friggin nuts.

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Archived