Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The offense.... it's Brunell.

Die Hard

I think any member of this board who is actually on the sidelines, who actually sees the schemes Gibb's runs, etc. is certainly going to provide tremendous insight for a fan like myself, who sits on their couch, drinks a beer and wonders out loud, why the hell we are not passing the ball downfield. So I appreciate these insights because I have been baffled. It seems to me that Brunell did throw downfield in the earlier games with more accuracy. But if every team is a "code" to unlock so to speak, the Skins have been decoded. Frankly their play against Arizona, and Oakland was uninspiring.

I look at a team like Indianapolis and I think "well run machine." Everything clicks. Manning spreads the ball around generously, and does it with ease. We lack ease on this team, for lack of a better descriptive term.

Lets respect good post no matter where they come from guys.

I can agree with that :cheers:

And I take back what I said in my previous post, and should have directed it at the board all together

This place really was outstanding, and it really was because the mods set the tone so well

These days they are busy trying to moderate the "we suck" threads that we don't get to see this type of discourse anymore

I will be rooting extra hard that you are wrong, and when you are, you owe your youth football team an apology. I hope you address them and let them know you're not as smart as you thought.

With that I walk away, hopefully until Sunday where I will come looking.

You've mistaken me for someone who cares what you think.

When you've congratulated me on beating 400 Redskins fans in the Man contest last year... and being in the top 10 all 4 years.... then I might actually care to listen to your criticism :)

The fact that you would have to "cheer" extra hard this Sunday... rather than the most obvious reasons... says all anyone needs to know about you.

FWIW, there's a lot of coaches that made it to the NFL. Most, if not all, were fired. Apparently, no one is perfect. Who knew.

ok ok here it is in a nutshell............. brunell sucks. i didnt get to see this game against the cards but, i can say that brunell has fumbled what.... 3 times within the opponents 5 yard line in this season? he sucks plain and simple. and yes i do beleive ramsey could have done this well.... or bad however you want to look at it. i just hope that our play calling in the final three weeks of this year will bring us past brunell's inadequacies <sp>.

ps where can i get game highlights for this week since redskins.com is slacking this week and still hasnt posted them and i guess at nfl.com you have to have realone to play them and i refuse to even put that hunk of garbage on my system.

My pictures will probably be posted tomorrow morning/afternoon. I just uploaded the zip file to the server. They have to be resized, reuploaded and posted. Might take a bit of work...

Sorry, I just got home at 10:00 PM tonight... and I didn't have a laptop this weekend. That's the downer.

I'm hopeful we'll be much better this weekend.

When you've congratulated me on beating 400 Redskins fans in the Man contest last year... and being in the top 10 all 4 years.... then I might actually care to listen to your criticism :)

The fact that you would have to "cheer" extra hard this Sunday... rather than the most obvious reasons... says all anyone needs to know about you.

FWIW, there's a lot of coaches that made it to the NFL. Most, if not all, were fired. Apparently, no one is perfect. Who knew.

What is this man contest? Just curious.

Paint me ignorant, but what is this Man contest?

And I take back what I said in my previous post, and should have directed it at the board all together

This place really was outstanding, and it really was because the mods set the tone so well

These days they are busy trying to moderate the "we suck" threads that we don't get to see this type of discourse anymore

That's been a big dilemma. Some of the good posters which eventually became mods.... we lose them as posters.

You rarely see Art or Om post regularly any more.... for the most part... just articles.

Henry, Blade and myself (and Art) have expanded our families... and TK and Tarhog are working overtime on the forums. Sol has been thrown to the wolves :)

And when we travel to games... it complicates matters further.

It's been a process for sure.

I think thats the problem. Too many people would rather just insult than debate and discuss.

When a moderator makes a post or thread its actually taken seriously and even people that disagree actually do it respectfully, probably because they don't wanna get banned.

Too many times if someone reads a post and they don't like it, they just say, "your an idiot, who are you to question Joe Gibbs? How many Super Bowl Rings do you have?" You know the routine.

I encourge MODs to start more threads, they end up being the best dicussions thats for sure.

"The Man" contest is a long-standing contest we had courtesy of Om... where members of the board would pick the scores and outcome of the Redskins games every week.

Given 5 points for picking the winner correctly... and differing point totals for picking the exact score for either team, total points and point differential. AND a bonus for picking the total amount of wins at the end of the year.

One year... I would have won... except the 3rd place guy earned the bonus points on the last game of the year.... and jumped me :)

"The Man" contest is a long-standing contest we had courtesy of Om... where members of the board would pick the scores and outcome of the Redskins games every week.

Given 5 points for picking the winner correctly... and differing point totals for picking the exact score for either team, total points and point differential. AND a bonus for picking the total amount of wins at the end of the year.

One year... I would have won... except the 3rd place guy earned the bonus points on the last game of the year.... and jumped me :)

Completely opposite of what I thought. I thought "The Man" award had something to do with being like a solid citizen or something.

But I see now its more like, "you hooked up with that girl?" "you are the man!" :laugh:

Goodnight all. Mr. Squire, I do not disagree with your observations, only the conclusions you draw.

Feel free to tell me you told me so if we lose.

Actually, I hope I'm the one who is wrong :)

This wasn't a debate.. I'm just sharing my opinions. So I have no right to tell you "I told you so". I'm not above doing that :) This just isn't a right time for it.

FWIW, I actually feel more confident against the Giants.

Completely opposite of what I thought. I thought "The Man" award had something to do with being like a solid citizen or something.

But I see now its more like, "you hooked up with that girl?" "you are the man!" :laugh:

I'm hardly a solid citizen :)

"The Man" is "The Man" because the basic prize was a Joe Gibbs avatar. Of course, then he came back to coach.... so it messed that up.

Actually, I hope I'm the one who is wrong :)

This wasn't a debate.. I'm just sharing my opinions. So I have no right to tell you "I told you so". I'm not above doing that :) This just isn't a right time for it.

FWIW, I actually feel more confident against the Giants.

Too bad losing to the Cowboys pretty much makes the Giants game meaningless. That would be a nice kick to the groin. Lose to the Cowboys but pull it together to beat the Giants and it really not help us at all.

Too bad losing to the Cowboys pretty much makes the Giants game meaningless. That would be a nice kick to the groin. Lose to the Cowboys but pull it together to beat the Giants and it really not help us at all.

But isn't that typical Redskins football? :laugh:

I love this year's team. I love Gibbs. This team plays hard and with pride. I like it and appreciate it. The team is on the right path.

I'm actually more patient than most. Heck, I'm ready to give Gibbs 5 years AT LEAST. But there are some serious shortcomings right now.

And heck, it doesn't matter. The AFC right now is going to cream any NFC team. So many good teams in the AFC right now.

But isn't that typical Redskins football? :laugh:

I love this year's team. I love Gibbs. This team plays hard and with pride. I like it and appreciate it. The team is on the right path.

I'm actually more patient than most. Heck, I'm ready to give Gibbs 5 years AT LEAST. But there are some serious shortcomings right now.

And heck, it doesn't matter. The AFC right now is going to cream any NFC team. So many good teams in the AFC right now.

I actually think Gibbs coming back might set this franchise back.

I say that because he's not going to stick around forever and with as many problems as we have (I think the biggest not having a QB and having a develop a young one in Campbell) what are we going to do if it dosen't get turned around soon and he just retires again?

I mean i'm under the assumption he came back to win a championship. I'm not so sure that can be done in the next 3 years and to my knowledge he's under a 5 year contract.

So if after 5 years it hasn't happened and he retires we get to play musical coaches again, which means new offense, new philosophy, new everything.

I don't know, just kinda looks uncertain to me.

The Man contest?

Pick Em Contest

Official New Contests Reminder Thread

And we're off! Contests Update.

I'll take 'What is the Search Feature for $100.00 T.

Make that American. ;)

Actually I think i'll take, I'll just ask the guy that won the "The Man" contest and has mentioned it a few times during this thread because it's alot easier that searching through all those threads to find it and he's right here to answer the question.

Not to mention it wasn't exactly odvious that "The Man" contest had anything to do with this message board.

Thank ya ;)

I actually think Gibbs coming back might set this franchise back.

I say that because he's not going to stick around forever and with as many problems as we have (I think the biggest not having a QB and having a develop a young one in Campbell) what are we going to do if it dosen't get turned around soon and he just retires again?

I mean i'm under the assumption he came back to win a championship. I'm not so sure that can be done in the next 3 years and to my knowledge he's under a 5 year contract.

So if after 5 years it hasn't happened and he retires we get to play musical coaches again, which means new offense, new philosophy, new everything.

I don't know, just kinda looks uncertain to me.

You see what the Texans have done bringing in Reeves to consult with McNair about the franchise from top to bottom? He's trying to rebuild the organization and do it the right way. That's a good thing. You have to hire good NFL people and let them do their jobs and entrench it into the organization.

That's what Gibbs is doing now.... but even more hands on. He's fixing this franchise from top to bottom. That's a good thing... even without the immediate results in the standings. So even if he leaves... it won't be the end of the world.

The more I hear from Gibbs and Bugel about turning things around and not leaving until they do... the more I believe it. I want Gibbs to be here at least 5 years.... and it looks as if he will.

To me, anything less than 5 years... than that would have been a setback.

Die Hard-

As a long time poster on this board myself, I respect your opinion. but you are wrong about the fortunes of this team. I think you caught Brunell on a bad day. He only had 5 INTs before this game. According to Gibbs the last 2 INTs were the result of poor route running.

Who are we to believe, you or Gibbs? I'll take the side of the HoF coach over your deductions.

No one has ever said Gibbs is infalliable. But that his experience and knowledge on this team and football far out weigh our own. You may feel standing on the sideline gives you some keen insight on this team that someone sitting at, say, the 50-yard line doesn't have. But it really doesn't. It doesn't put you in the coaches' meetings or the film room. The only places where this team and thier games can be truly broken down and analyzed.

Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion, but all your thread accomplished was giving the chicken-littles, the nay-sayers, and the conspiracy theorists a more moderate, reasonable voice to hide behind and say "Yeah, yeah... what he said!".

But by writing this:

Brunell is done.

We are going to get killed by the Cowboys.

You have signaled your surrender. You have officially quit on this team when we are close to playing one of our biggest games against our most hated rival. I guess the rest of us "bush leaguers" will cheer double hard in place for those who have already given up hope.

I only hope that when the Redskins win this Sunday (and we DEFINITELY WILL win), that you put up another post stating how wrong you were about the Dallas game and for underestimating Gibbs. :)

You see what the Texans have done bringing in Reeves to consult with McNair about the franchise from top to bottom? He's trying to rebuild the organization and do it the right way. That's a good thing. You have to hire good NFL people and let them do their jobs and entrench it into the organization.

That's what Gibbs is doing now.... but even more hands on. He's fixing this franchise from top to bottom. That's a good thing... even without the immediate results in the standings. So even if he leaves... it won't be the end of the world.

The more I hear from Gibbs and Bugel about turning things around and not leaving until they do... the more I believe it. I want Gibbs to be here at least 5 years.... and it looks as if he will.

To me, anything less than 5 years... than that would have been a setback.

I see what you're saying. I like you am just concerned if it is less than 5 years and its just a cut and run deal.

The QB situation has me uneasy as well. I know it takes time to develop a young QB which means we are going to have to deal with some more tough season, well atleast 1, when we finally let Campbell play.

Thats why I didn't like the benching of Ramsey this year, he's ready to play and I really just wanted to see what he could do. Now we will never know.

Die Hard-

As a long time poster on this board myself, I respect your opinion. but you are wrong about the fortunes of this team. I think you caught Brunell on a bad day. He only had 5 INTs before this game. According to Gibbs the last 2 INTs were the result of poor route running.

Who are we to believe, you or Gibbs? I'll take the side of the HoF coachover your deductions.

No one has ever said Gibbs is infalliable. But that his experience and knowledge on this team and football far out weigh our own. You may feel standing on the sideline gives you some keen insight on this team that someone sitting at, say, the 50-yard line doesn't have. But it really doesn't. It doesn't put you in the coaches' meetings or the film room. The only places where this team and thier games can be truly broken down and analyzed.

Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion, but all your thread accomplished was giving the chicken-littles, the nay-sayers, and the conspiracy theorists a more moderate, resonable voice to hide behind and say "Yeah, yeah... what he said!".

But by writing this:

You have signaled your surrender. You have officially quit on this team when we are close to playing one of our biggest games against our most hated rival. I guess the rest of us "bush leaguers" will cheer double hard in place for those who have already given up hope.

I only hope that when the Redskins win this Sunday (and we DEFINITELY WILL win), that you put up another post stating how wrong you were about the Dallas game and fr underestimating Gibbs. :)

I am not going to post how wrong I was. Just as I have never posted how right I am.

What's wrong with you people? :laugh:

When Gibbs lost 10 games last year... I didn't see you coming on the boards telling everyone how overrated you thought he was. Nor do I remember you apologizing during our 6 losses this year.

Just as I said... when Gibbs got hired.... I'd give him 3 years to turn it around. Check my history.

So I'm pretty consistent. And patient. Just because I don't expect him to turn around the franchise in 2 years doesn't make me a chicken-little :laugh:

Of course, it's my opinion.... and I've been known to be wrong. And Joe Gibbs is 13-16 right now since he's been back. So apparently, he's been wrong a lot too.

I was calling for Spurrier's head after his first season. I knew then that he couldn't hack it in the NFL. Now, of course, he made it there and I didn't. But apparently, I was also right that he'd fail too.

Whatever it all means.

Archived