Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The offense.... it's Brunell.

Die Hard

FWIW, Ramsey is definitely gone next year. Which is too bad.... because he's still a cheap alternative.

But to me, the way the passing game has struggled lately... that was a great opportunity to put in Ramsey - any QB can hand the ball of to Portis/Betts/Rock.

The fact that Brunell is struggling to badly... and yet Ramsey doesn't get in... means Brunell is the QB as long as the playoffs are on the line. And once they're done... the Skins give Campbell some snaps.

Hence, there's no good time to give Ramsey and opportunity. So he's gone.

Myself, I think Gibbs puts in Campbell next year. Brunell goes to backup. And the Redskins draft a prospect this year.

And I'd like to see the skins make a move on a pass-rushing DE... and move Wynn inside.

F****** PATHETIC.

As if most teams don't have similar problems. I wont exhaust myself with examples of teams feeling they need to 'get lucky', but just look at the team we're playing this week.

Weak that you even have to write this.

Had you rather listen to JG talk about how bravely he played? There no sense in sugar coating it is there?

This is not a knock on the moderators but how come whatever they say about football is taken as the gospel?? You guys act like these moderators are ex NFL or college assistants or something. They moderate a message board guys.

As far as Die Hards Thread.....

I've seen pretty much this same exact thought about our offense and Brunell posted about 100 times but just by some average Joe and every single time that poster was absolutely drug through the mud and called a "HATER"

Yes, "HATER" that was the cool word for yesterday after people dared to say, "wow I know we won but my god we have some issues"

I actually agree with Die Hard's post, i'm just confused by the different reactions a moderator gets as opposed to a regular member gets for having the same ideas.

Yes we are dinged up but our injuries have not been killing us throughout the year. Heck we have started all five OLinemen every game this year.

The Cowboys have injuries as well and they are a team that is prone to mistakes and has just one big play threat.

We are at home and the crowd will be ridiculous. If everyone were to say it's gonna be impossible to run the table it's understandable.....I don't agree but it will be a very very tough task.

But with all of this doom and gloom I think those with a negative outlook of this game must remember that Dallas is not an elite team.

This is not a knock on the moderators but how come whatever they say about football is taken as the gospel?? You guys act like these moderators are ex NFL or college assistants or something. They moderate a message board guys.

I've seen pretty much this same exact thought about our offense and Brunell posted about 100 times but just by some average Joe and every single time that poster was absolutely drug through the mud and called a "HATER"

Yes, "HATER" that was the cool word for yesterday after people dared to say, "wow I know we won but my god we have some issues"

I actually agree with Die Hard's post, i'm just confused by the different reactions a moderator gets as opposed to a regular member gets for having the same ideas.

The reason is Die Hard used a ton of evidence from the game, wasn't inflamatory, and showed respect to coach Gibbs, and Brunell

It wasn't a "Brunell sucks, his arm is noodle now" type deal, he succiently broke it down point by point and pointed out plays from the game

Now if more posts critical of the Redskins were like this, you wouldn't have people calling someone a "hater"

This post is an example of how it should be done, not some inflamatory way that riles up people, but a logical explanation of your argument

Correct. I'm just expressing an opinion.

However, staff typically gets more benefit of the doubt for a few reasons.

(1) We've been here for 5+ years. We are established personalities and proven posters. Our content speaks for itself. You'll find the majority of staff pretty level-headed and intelligent.

Posters who rant "we suck, trade Arrington" lose credibility. And I don't think you ever catch moderators posting like that.

You tend to listen to guys like them.... not to mention the Bulldog's, Guru's of the internet. Some people just know their crap.

(2) Art, Om, and Tarhog are very good and eloquent posters. They know how to argue their points and be persuasive about just about anything. That helps :)

(3) Some of us have played football, coached football... and be LONG-TIME fans who watch football beyond just the Redskins. We aren't ignorant about the game.

Heck, you listen to Aikman and Moose on the broadcasts? Aikman will be a Hall-of-Famer. Even after all those years of football.... does he EVER give you any insight or analysis on the broadcasts that you didn't already know as a fan?

Why do you think that is?

Read post #73.

It's called brown-nosing.

It's just human nature to kiss up to anyone in a higher position of power than you.

You're hyping up the defense. Which is warranted. I like Williams defense very much.

But now you're neglecting the injuries. Springs, Harris, Rogers, Arrington, Griffin, Saleava.

The backfield had an extraordinary game on Sunday. They batted down a lot of balls. But some of those guys are dinged up right now.

Just a really bad time for injuries.

I agree totally. But I think we can win this thing. I don't fear them, and I think they are over-rated.

I know Springs is hurt, and it seems like from I hear he is the one they are most worried about. But this is what happens up here (note: Joe Gibbs-ism) and they have to find a way to win.

Also, at this point let us not lose site of something important - we have a winning team in Washington.

This is not conjecture, opinion, or anything of the sort, it is fact. And if they win out and their record is such that they make the playoffs, then they most certainly will deserve to go.

It's all about results. Right now the results are that we are a winning team with a chance.

Because we love our Mods! :flowers:

I feel your pain. Just be glad that there is a solid corp of us who love football and our team enough to question things and offer analysis on how we can improve - because we ALL want the best for the Skins. And having a moderater or two agree never hurts things.

It's called brown-nosing.

It's just human nature to kiss up to anyone in a higher position of power than you.

LOL I think you got it right.

I've seen some pretty well written threads from regular members that were completely trashed because it dared to question Joe Gibbs as if he has never made a mistake.

Yes we are dinged up but our injuries have not been killing us throughout the year. Heck we have started all five OLinemen every game this year.

The Cowboys have injuries as well and they are a team that is prone to mistakes and has just one big play threat.

We are at home and the crowd will be ridiculous. If everyone were to say it's gonna be impossible to run the table it's understandable.....I don't agree but it will be a very very tough task.

But with all of this doom and gloom I think those with a negative outlook of this game must remember that Dallas is not an elite team.

You Sir, are wise beyond your years (the fact that we see things eye-to-eye don't hurt neither).

So DieHard, my question is now how were things so different in the Tampa, Denver, Kansas City games?

Is it that whatever fatal flaw there was, the Raiders caught. Was their DB right in that "Moss tips off the whole offense," or was it once again just a mere matter of the passing O executing far better in those games then of late.

I simply do not believe that a D coordinator would go 2 series without adjusting his passing D to our passing O and shutting it down. And this includes early in the year in the Denver, KC, SF, and Tampa games

If you have caught it so quick, what was working before?

Die Hard, your argument is almost perfectly correct. You did miss one very important thing though. Next week the cowgirls will become our b!+ches!!!

HTTR!!!

Hey, I'd love to sweep the Cowboys.

Believe it or not... I've thought we've had the better team than them for the past 8 years. I've predicted a Redskins win every time. Even our first game this year.

But the way the Cowboys played on Sunday... I liked that attitude by Parcells. I think if he brings that same approach.... which he typically does against Gibbs... we may be in trouble.

I just have a bad feeling about this game. First time in 9 years :(

Be constructive.

Brunell is done.

We are going to get killed by the Cowboys.

I will be rooting extra hard that you are wrong, and when you are, you owe your youth football team an apology. I hope you address them and let them know you're not as smart as you thought.

With that I walk away, hopefully until Sunday where I will come looking.

Could it be that he's playing injured again? I remember a few weeks ago around when they dropped the two at home, there was a report about Brunell possibly straining a calf or something similar.

Frankly I like Mark Brunell a lot, he's one of the big reasons the Skins are playing for something besides pride at this point in the season. I won't give up on him because he showed earlier this season that he could lead this team against anyone, anywhere, and put up a fight.

I have faith in Mark Brunell.

LOL I think you got it right.

I've seen some pretty well written threads from regular members that were completely trashed because it dared to question Joe Gibbs as if he has never made a mistake.

You are still fairly new here, the posts back in the day (2002, 2003) used to be like this

It seriously has become a cesspool of late with so many "we suck" threads with no facts to back them up, that when we see a thread like this, it seriously is a damn breath of fresh air

Not brown nosing here, but jeezus this place was much better back in 2002 and 2003 and that was the friggin Spurrier era

Tell you what... I intended on doing it this week... but I didn't want to bring both my digital camera and my digital camcorder (with 800x digital zoom :) ).

But since Tarhog will bring his camera... I'll bring my digital camcorder. And all I'll do is tape the pass routes/coverage.

You guys can see for yourselves.

Read post #73.

Oh I read it and it is correct for the most part.

But I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that can get away with questioning Joe Gibbs around here without being called a "HATER" or whatever the cool word of the day is unless they are a moderator.

Like I said, I agree with Die Hard completely.

I just want members to respect ideas even if they don't come from a moderator.

I really don't think this thread would have been recieved quite as well if it was started by a regular member. Yesterday was a perfect example of it, you could not say one thing negative yesterday without being trashed for not just being happy that we won the game.

Lets respect good post no matter where they come from guys.

I will be rooting extra hard that you are wrong, and when you are, you owe your youth football team an apology. I hope you address them and let them know you're not as smart as you thought.

With that I walk away, hopefully until Sunday where I will come looking.

Wow, if we beat the pukes, we'll all be celebrating, except for Bonez3 who will be looking to make people eat crow. :rolleyes:

I know that if we do get beat, the last thing I'll be doing is rubbing anyone's face in it.

ok ok here it is in a nutshell............. brunell sucks. i didnt get to see this game against the cards but, i can say that brunell has fumbled what.... 3 times within the opponents 5 yard line in this season? he sucks plain and simple. and yes i do beleive ramsey could have done this well.... or bad however you want to look at it. i just hope that our play calling in the final three weeks of this year will bring us past brunell's inadequacies <sp>.

ps where can i get game highlights for this week since redskins.com is slacking this week and still hasnt posted them and i guess at nfl.com you have to have realone to play them and i refuse to even put that hunk of garbage on my system.

Archived