Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novak not to play sunday !!!

SeanTaylor#21

didn't you read the part that said ........"Nick Novak, who was signed by Arizona last week, and who spent five games with the Redskins earlier this season, will handle the kickoff duties for the Cardinals and perhaps long field goal attempts."

Novak will play but Rackers will only be kicking extra points and short field goals.

With the conservative way Joe Gibbs and Company have managed games, holding a small lead, leaving the door open for our opponents to make a comeback, have me believing that we could lose the game with Arizona. I would feel a whole lot more confident with a 17+ point lead going into the 3rd quarter, then Novak would not be an important part of the outcome. Thanks for the info.

Hail Redskins!

Why do people think there's karma involved when it comes to Novak?...Just because we didn't keep him doesn't automatically mean the Skins did anything worthy of bad karma. And by all reports, Novak was nothing but appreciative for his time with the Skins, that he knew coming in that his time here was limited and even saying that Gibbs told him on his way out that he was a great kicker and other teams surely would notice this now and give him a shot...turns out Gibbs was right.

There's no karma to fear here...

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Rackers is a great kicker. Novak is good. But it's not like he's on offense or defense. The rest of the team has to put him in position to make a difference. He is auditioning for another shot in the NFL. He is appreciative of the chance the Skins gave him, he probably wouldn't be getting paid now if it wasn't for the Skins. But bottom line is he will still want to do well.

I guess the best option is for him to be deactivated for the game, and Rackers tweak his injury just a wee bit on the opening kickoff. Not hurt, just enough to put him off for the night. :)

Why do people think there's karma involved when it comes to Novak?...Just because we didn't keep him doesn't automatically mean the Skins did anything worthy of bad karma. And by all reports, Novak was nothing but appreciative for his time with the Skins, that he knew coming in that his time here was limited and even saying that Gibbs told him on his way out that he was a great kicker and other teams surely would notice this now and give him a shot...turns out Gibbs was right.

There's no karma to fear here...

I REALLY hope you are right, but one of the many bad things i remember of the Cardinals(especially in the Norv Turner era) was loosing to them in AZ by field goals... dont really want the extra "karma" involved. i also remember loosing to the Bucs a lot... but maybe thats just me...

GO SKINS, beat the Cards..

Yeah I think I'll take 75% of Rackers over a vengeful Novak (although I doubt he has any bad blood toward us)

I agree with that 100%. Nick Novak will actually be grateful that the Redskins gave him a shot to prove himself in the NFL. There wouldn't be any hard feelings (unlike that poor little baby that pouted his way to the Midgets). :2cents:

Archived