Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Superstitious Are You When It Comes To The Skins??

Do you believe that fans can "jinx" the Skins, that our actions play a part in the outcome of games (beyond that of the "12th man" at the stadium)??...Do you have pre-game rituals that make you feel better about the Skins chances, and do you feel nervous if for some reason you're unable to take part in that ritual? Do you ever change what you're doing during the game if it seems as if the Skins start doing well once you do?? (for instance, you leave the room, the Skins get an interception or a huge run, so you keep leaving the room whenever it seems like the Skins need a lift...lol)

Or do you think that nothing that you say or do has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the game??...

I put my redskins quilt on my bed, along with my matching redskins pillow. I must have my Redskins curtain al the way down so that you can see the whole logo. My Arrington jersey must be hanging in it's spot with my hog nose on the hanger as well. my Burgundy and gold shoes must be put nicely in my closet. All my hats (except the one I wear) must be nicely placed on my top shelf. I must be wearing my Cooley jersey, with my 04 draft day cap. My Redskins rug must be strait, not crooked. I must stand in my room and sing hail to the Redskins at least once. Then I touch all my redskins posters for good luck. I also must be sitting in my living room watching the game all by myself (my dad, brother, sister, mom, and friends are all bad luck in the room). So that is the extent of my superstition. No joke either.

BTW, highlight Cheifs in ur signiature too. We really need dallas to lose

I put my redskins quilt on my bed, along with my matching redskins pillow. I must have my Redskins curtain al the way down so that you can see the whole logo. My Arrington jersey must be hanging in it's spot with my hog nose on the hanger as well. my Burgundy and gold shoes must be put nicely in my closet. All my hats (except the one I wear) must be nicely placed on my top shelf. I must be wearing my Cooley jersey, with my 04 draft day cap. My Redskins rug must be strait, not crooked. I must stand in my room and sing hail to the Redskins at least once. Then I touch all my redskins posters for good luck. I also must be sitting in my living room watching the game all by myself (my dad, brother, sister, mom, and friends are all bad luck in the room). So that is the extent of my superstition. No joke either.

Holy stinkin' cumquats...:laugh:

Done...lol :cheers:

Or do you think that nothing that you say or do has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the game??...

You got it. All this superstition bilge is a holdover from the dark ages. The only thing that fans can do to influence the game is be the 12th man at the stadium. All this wearing of lucky socks nonsense is kidding yourself. Similar in kind but not degree to the Aztecs cutting out the hearts of living captives on top of a pyramid to insure that the sun will continue to rise.

People instinctively grasp at straws in an attempt to deny the fact that they frequently have no power to influence things that matter greatly to them.

We used to have lots of things growing up. If we are all in the room while the Skins are doing well, and during the commercial someone gets up, they have to come back and sit in the EXACT SAME spot, the exact same way they were sitting before. They walk back in the room and someone points and says, "you were right over there, on that side of the couch. Get there."

When I was younger, I would be watching games with my family and if my mom went into the kitchen or something and the Skins did something good, she wasn't allowed back in the room until they screwed up again! :laugh:

Now, if they are sucking up the joint and I flip to another channel, come back and they had done something good, I have to immediately flip back. I am no longer allowed to watch the game until they start sucking again. Happened to me during the Dallas game. :doh:

But to answer your question, no, I'm not superstitious. I don't believe in that garbage.

"Hey guys, some fan from Cali just placed his hog nose on his hanger... let's step it up" -Sean Taylor

"...yea, he pulled the curtains all the way down. let's get a sack!"

-Arrington

:)

I'm totally not superstitious. I let the players take care of buisiness.

:laugh: :laugh:

"Hey guys, some fan from Cali just placed his hog nose on his hanger... let's step it up" -Sean Taylor

"...yea, he pulled the curtains all the way down. let's get a sack!"

-Arrington

:)

I'm totally not superstitious. I let the players take care of buisiness.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I admit I do have my rituals. 10 pushups for every first down or opposing team punt. 2 for every redskins point. I used to have lucky underwear, but I gave that up after they started losing.

Other than that....not any more superstitious than the next guy :laugh:

Yes, i hate when my family comes down to watch the skins....I say to myself "What the **** go away mom and dad". and say outloud " MOM! GO UPSTAIRS!Im watching my game".

And she laughs and sits down and watches it with me....

What a ****ing ***** huh?

Oh and when my dad comes downstairs and says "Whats the score...?" Im like "god ****it" and tell him it and we end up loosing that game! But ill tell you what i love watching the skins games by myself at home by myself.

You shoulda seen me at the end of the Denver game. I was spitting chips at the TV outta my mouth, my face blood red, SCREAMING AT THE REFEREES FOR BEING COMPLETE DUMB***ES AND COSTING US A GAME IN DENVER ON THE TUCK RULE CALL...

just think guys if they got they call right we would probally be 7-5 right now instead of 6-6 and be in the playoff race media wise instead of mathematically. What really pissed me off was when people said Joe Gibbs is a crybaby for complaining....but you know if it was Bill Bilicheck, Bill Parcells, or Marty Shottenhiemer the headline of the day would be " Should the Tuck Rule call be removed as a NFL rule?" on all the talk shows the next evening...

Me? Superstitious? , ( starts rubbing rabbits foot). Nahhhhhhh, ( looks for game day Extremeskins shirt). Don't believe in that kind of thing, ( looks for game day pants). What we do has no bearing on the game whatsoever, ( hell with it. Picks up whole damn rabbit with Redskins shirt and rubs it). ;)

Lol Im very superstitious lets see what I can name off the top of my head...

My Redskins cup (From Fed Ex field) always has to be filled to the top while the game is on, then I get a drink to help the team during half time time so they dont get so tired

I always have on a jersey and hat, if I dont have it in the beginning of the game, I bring it out when the game is in jeopardy.

Redskins helmet pillow the same when I was holding when we beat Dallas Monday Night, and the same one I let let go when I thought we had the game one last season.

I do 21 push ups everytime the defense is getting ready to get on the field

When Seattle missed that kick that would have gave them the game, I held my Redskins pillow straight up with my back turned to the screen.

I always sit in the same spot, when offense is performing. Worked Dallas game

If Im watching the game in the room, the door must always stay closed.

My nephew is not allowed to watch the game with me, as soon as he did Portis fumbled(Raiders Game)

just a few lol

I remember last year, i was watching the Redskins vs. Ravens. and the redskins were doing great. They had a good lead at the half. Then halftime came, and my dad started to hook up the video camera to the TV that I was watching on. I said "DAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" He said "It's halftime im just recording something onto a tape" I told him that if he did that and made me change the channel, then the Redskins would probably end up losing. He told me to shut up and stop being superstitious. So i went down in to my basement to watch. And low and behold, the redskins blow their lead and lose. The next thing i know my dad pops his head through the basement door and says to me "Woops Sorry" I was pissed

I remember last year, i was watching the Redskins vs. Ravens. and the redskins were doing great. They had a good lead at the half. Then halftime came, and my dad started to hook up the video camera to the TV that I was watching on. I said "DAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" He said "It's halftime im just recording something onto a tape" I told him that if he did that and made me change the channel, then the Redskins would probably end up losing. He told me to shut up and stop being superstitious. So i went down in to my basement to watch. And low and behold, the redskins blow their lead and lose. The next thing i know my dad pops his head through the basement door and says to me "Woops Sorry" I was pissed

LOL.. I love this one.

I'm not sure if you'd call it superstition or just good luck. Every year hubby and I make into DC to catch one Redskins game a year. In the seven years we've been doing this, the Redskins have never lost while I've sat in Fed-ex Stadium.

Ever since i about 12(im 20 now), i started to realize that whenever my dad and i go to church early sunday on a skins late-game-day, as oppose to going at 6pm when our family goes normally(spanish mass) or on saturday night they ALWAYS lost. i mean, everytime we would go early for a 4pm game, i would say to myself, it cant happen again, and would go early anyway so that i could watch the whole game and theyd end up loosing(happened alot when we played at the cardinals back in the day). It lasted a looong time, to the point where i would start to miss the end of the game to go to church. But i actually went early again this past sunday and we wonthis time so i guess i dont have to worry about it anymore. thats the most superstitious youre gonna get out of me.. now... my dad, thats a COMPLETELY different story.

You got it. All this superstition bilge is a holdover from the dark ages. The only thing that fans can do to influence the game is be the 12th man at the stadium. All this wearing of lucky socks nonsense is kidding yourself. Similar in kind but not degree to the Aztecs cutting out the hearts of living captives on top of a pyramid to insure that the sun will continue to rise.

People instinctively grasp at straws in an attempt to deny the fact that they frequently have no power to influence things that matter greatly to them.

eloquently stated !

I am not superstitious when it comes to the Redskins. There have been 3 championships in my lifetime. Thats more than alot of other fans of different teams can say. I am superstitious with one of my other teams though. CHICAGO CUBS=SUPERSTITION. If you are not a Cubs fan YOU DON"T KNOW A DANG THING about superstition.

If you have been a Redskin fan for the past 10 years and you are superstitious please stop and realize its not working!

We have the 3rd worst combined record over this time, only ahead of the Bengals and the Cardinals.

No i'm with the majority on this, I don't believe in superstitions.

I kinda think that people that believe in superstitions must have extremely big egos to believe that the balance of things are based on what they do or don't do.

If you have been a Redskin fan for the past 10 years and you are superstitious please stop and realize its not working!

We have the 3rd worst combined record over this time, only ahead of the Bengals and the Cardinals.

No i'm with the majority on this, I don't believe in superstitions.

I kinda think that people that believe in superstitions must have extremely big egos to believe that the balance of things are based on what they do or don't do.

Actually, that's not true...over the past 10 years I think the Skins have had like the 8th worst record. Over the past 13 years is another story...lol

Actually, that's not true...over the past 10 years I think the Skins have had like the 8th worst record. Over the past 13 years is another story...lol

You're probably right, I couldn't remember exactly how may years it was, so I went with 10, but 13 is probably right.

When it comes to superstition I feel that my mom has been cursing all sports teams for as long as I have been alive. She is a big Redskins fan and Orioles fan. I swear to god there are times where she enters the room and Brunell fumbles immedieatly, she would leave the room when the Orioles were up to bat and the second she walked out she would miss a home run. During the Tampa game she only saw the last 4 minutes (D'oh) During the Raiders and Chargers games she watched the 2nd half, and last week she was in Florida and didnt get to see the Skins :D

Also notable: She entered the room when the 2 point conversion against Denver was batted down, she fell asleep a second before we scored the first touchdown against Dallas, she woke up and I told her to leave the room, she didnt at first, when we went on offense she left, a few plays later we scored again. Against the Seahawks before they tried their last field goal she turned off the TV and started walking up the stairs as they kicked it to come into my room and go "can you believe the skins blew it again?" and it hit the upright, I didnt let her watch Overtime, against KC she came into the room when Brunell fumbled on the opening drive, then again when Rock fumbled. She didnt watch the Giants game but then again we were at a funeral and neither did I. She didnt watch the Eagles game, again away on a trip :D

If I was anyone superstitious I would be finding my address so they can come murder my mom, but it doesnt work all of the time, she watched the entire 49ers game but other than that she is basically 100% consistant. I think the Redskins season hinges on whether or not my mom walks into the room at the wrong time.:laugh:

I'm not really superstitious. The only thing I will never do is watch a game against the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys with a fan of that team. And living 10 minutes from the Meadowlands doesn't make that easy some of my good friends are Giants fans.

Sadly I am superstitous. I bought a throwback Art Monk jersey before the Tampa game. After the third loss I decided I can't wear the jersey anymore to watch the games, until Art Monk is in the HOF.

For the giants game I went to the bar in an old pair of jeans, not the ones I had worn previously in the season. Once we were down 14 I called up my sis and made her bring me a new pair of jeans. At the half I called her to bring me a new hat. By the third quarter I had taken off all my clothes except my drawers, shorts, shoes and wife beater. By the end of the game I was calling my sister for a noose.

Archived