Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Superstitious Are You When It Comes To The Skins??

During the Tampa game my sister and brother in law were over watching the game (brother in law is a cowboys fan btw). As you all know that game was up and down...and I drank way too much and at the end of the game when they were leaving I told them they werent allowed over at my house ever again on sundays. The Skins are undeafeated when I drink Corona during the game....I know what I'll be drinking Sunday. If we make the playoffs im gonna get a freakin keg of the stuff....

After the Skins won the first game against the Bears I decided to wear the same gear (Skins T-shirt, Skins Cap, and Jeans). During the Cowgirls game the hat came off and the shirt was turned inside out, until they shocked the world. Wore the same get up when we played Seattle. I didn't get the chance to watch the Broncos game (work), thus I couldn't wear the get up. Wore the same gear during the Chiefs game and decided to nix it cause we lost. I wore NOT A SHREAD of Skins gear to watch the 9ers game. We win, that shoulda became my ritual, well focked it up. Wore the Skins t-shirt and we lost to the Gints. Watched the Iggles with NO GEAR. Wore a Skins polo aroound midnight the day of the tampa game. NO Gear for Oakland. No Gear the week of SD. Complete Skins get up against the Rams.

So, in short I am confused at why I wrote this because there is no pattern and I try to be superstitious, but I forget what I have to do and I fock it up! Ah well.

I don't really believe things I do will effect the outcome of a game. Having said that, I will not wear my Sean Taylor 36 jersey anymore on gameday. I wore it for the first few games of the season. The Skins would play poorly. I would take my jersey off out of frustration. Then they would come back and win. Seemed to me that when I took my jersey off the Skins would play better!

So, that's my superstition. ;)

I have one of those old Redskin "huddle" dolls that I have had since 1987 (which wasn't a bad year). I was 9 when I got it for Christmas and it sits next to me for every game. It travels with me to games.....and i will shut up now.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I put my redskins quilt on my bed, along with my matching redskins pillow. I must have my Redskins curtain al the way down so that you can see the whole logo. My Arrington jersey must be hanging in it's spot with my hog nose on the hanger as well. my Burgundy and gold shoes must be put nicely in my closet. All my hats (except the one I wear) must be nicely placed on my top shelf. I must be wearing my Cooley jersey, with my 04 draft day cap. My Redskins rug must be strait, not crooked. I must stand in my room and sing hail to the Redskins at least once. Then I touch all my redskins posters for good luck. I also must be sitting in my living room watching the game all by myself (my dad, brother, sister, mom, and friends are all bad luck in the room). So that is the extent of my superstition. No joke either.

BTW, highlight Cheifs in ur signiature too. We really need dallas to lose

Holy crap dude!:doh:

I got a couple of things. I think the sportscasters jinx the Skins. If they say something about a players or teams streak it almost always ends. Against the Raiders the guy said Portis has not lost a fumble all season and Portis lost a fumble the next play. So I try not to listen to those guys. I think if you imagine a player making a play it increases the odds of it happening. Against the Chargers I imagined Springs making an INT and I believed it was going to happen. Two plays later it did. But I don't think I really believed Hall was going to make the FG. Guess I didn't help him out to much. Give it a try... once it happens you'll believe it will happen more. I believe it works. Don't be desprate about it. :cool:

I was born on Friday the 13th, but that doesn't stop me from being superstitious about the Redskins.......

Praying for a win-at least the night before the game, during the game, and thanking God afterwards

Karma thread

Fansomnia thread the night before the game (I usually can't sleep-if I can, something's wrong)

putting on Redskins watch right when I wake up

wearing obnoxious yellow Redskins hat

wearing any of my jerseys EXCEPT Heath Shuler (Washington, Rogers, Portis)

drinking out of the same Redskins cup (clear-from the game)-ice water only

NOT wearing this burgundy shirt underneath the jersey (all games we lost when I did)

Never missing ANY part of the game

Never posting on the Prediction thread--the only time I did (I think), was winning the Giants game. Well, you know what happened.

HTTR :point2sky

I put my redskins quilt on my bed, along with my matching redskins pillow. I must have my Redskins curtain al the way down so that you can see the whole logo. My Arrington jersey must be hanging in it's spot with my hog nose on the hanger as well. my Burgundy and gold shoes must be put nicely in my closet. All my hats (except the one I wear) must be nicely placed on my top shelf. I must be wearing my Cooley jersey, with my 04 draft day cap. My Redskins rug must be strait, not crooked. I must stand in my room and sing hail to the Redskins at least once. Then I touch all my redskins posters for good luck. I also must be sitting in my living room watching the game all by myself (my dad, brother, sister, mom, and friends are all bad luck in the room). So that is the extent of my superstition. No joke either.

BTW, highlight Cheifs in ur signiature too. We really need dallas to lose

You are SO flippin' funny. I can't stop laughing!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

much like football guy, I get really crazy when watching the game. Much to a sense to where i'm cursing. My mom though, is not a real redskins fan, so whenever she starts watching with me, she seems to bring alot of negativity with her. For instance, if Mark Brunell is forced to throw out, she'd automatically go, "MAN, WE CAN'T FIND ANY GOOD QUARTERBACKS?!"

much like football guy, I get really crazy when watching the game. Much to a sense to where i'm cursing. My mom though, is not a real redskins fan, so whenever she starts watching with me, she seems to bring alot of negativity with her. For instance, if Mark Brunell is forced to throw out, she'd automatically go, "MAN, WE CAN'T FIND ANY GOOD QUARTERBACKS?!"

Don't let it bother you man. That way you don't generate in Neg. vibes. Mom's a promom not a profootball ananlyst.

Im not too supertitious, but there is a few things I dont do. 1- Bet on the Redskins. Every time I have done this, we lost!!! So dont bet on them.

2- I have a spot I sit on my couch where I was sitting when we beat Dallas in the last 3 mins. The rest of the game I was sitting on the far sides then I found "the spot" i moved from that spot to eat Dinner with my family durring the SD game and we lost:mad: Sorry about that! But family comes first!!

3- I speak what I want. I Strongly believe you get what you ask for!!!!!!!!!!:2cents:

Archived