Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Superstitious Are You When It Comes To The Skins??

LOL.. I love this one.

I'm not sure if you'd call it superstition or just good luck. Every year hubby and I make into DC to catch one Redskins game a year. In the seven years we've been doing this, the Redskins have never lost while I've sat in Fed-ex Stadium.

Please o Please tell me you are coming to the Dallas game this year.......haha..

Im not too supertitious, but there is a few things I dont do. 1- Bet on the Redskins. Every time I have done this, we lost!!! So dont bet on them.

2- I have a spot I sit on my couch where I was sitting when we beat Dallas in the last 3 mins. The rest of the game I was sitting on the far sides then I found "the spot" i moved from that spot to eat Dinner with my family durring the SD game and we lost:mad: Sorry about that! But family comes first!!

3- I speak what I want. I Strongly believe you get what you ask for!!!!!!!!!!:2cents:

Betting on the Redskins turned out to be a no-no for me. I had to pay a guy $50, and also wear burgundy to work for two weeks straight after the loss to KC.

I don't have any particular superstitions (I do have a lucky t-shirt, which didn't work for the Tampa Bay game). It seems though, the times I have cooked during the game and not eaten until after the game was over, the Skins won. I didn't plan it so, I was just either too nervous or not done cooking yet.

Do you believe that fans can "jinx" the Skins, that our actions play a part in the outcome of games (beyond that of the "12th man" at the stadium)??...Do you have pre-game rituals that make you feel better about the Skins chances, and do you feel nervous if for some reason you're unable to take part in that ritual? Do you ever change what you're doing during the game if it seems as if the Skins start doing well once you do?? (for instance, you leave the room, the Skins get an interception or a huge run, so you keep leaving the room whenever it seems like the Skins need a lift...lol)

Or do you think that nothing that you say or do has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the game??...

Honestly, I am half & half on this topic. I feel like what "we" do has absolutely NOTHING to do with how the game turns out, HOWEVER, there are things that I do (& make my family do) to make me feel better about how the game turns out. For example, I have a ritual for each week that whatever the colors of our opponent are for the upcoming week, I wont wear or allow anyone in my house to wear. We have the Cards coming up, so the hard part is getting everyone to understand the difference between red & Burgundy (which, I have discovered is more difficult than I thought). During Fecals, Gnats, & Pukes weeks, it's simple. Don't wear blue or green. That's one of my pre-game rituals.

During the games, I do whatever I feel will help. Leave the room, kneel & pray to the WEST, change my socks, whatever is necessary.

Now, I know that my rituals seem to conflict with my beliefs. All I can say is that if you think you're confused, try being me. :D

Im not too supertitious, but there is a few things I dont do. 1- Bet on the Redskins. Every time I have done this, we lost!!! So dont bet on them.

2- I have a spot I sit on my couch where I was sitting when we beat Dallas in the last 3 mins.

:laugh: me to about the Dallas thing

I NEVER bet on the Skins even if we are playing the 49ers or Cardinals, last time I bet '99 Playoffs against Tampa Bay needless to say no amount of money is worth seeing us lose like that in the playoffs:doh:

I wear my Taylor rookie jersey (#36) over a redskins t-shirt.

I'm also trying to convince my wife that I need a bit of umm, oral pleasure on gamedays for luck. I tell her she needs to take one for the team. It's kind of a ritual.

She says she's not as big a fan as I am. :(

But I swear that's the reason we were 3-0. ;)

LOL.. I love this one.

I'm not sure if you'd call it superstition or just good luck. Every year hubby and I make into DC to catch one Redskins game a year. In the seven years we've been doing this, the Redskins have never lost while I've sat in Fed-ex Stadium.

Funny every time I go to FedEx they lose with an exception of a Giants game back in '98. I thought that would change vs San Diego but we'll all know what happen. But it not going to keep me away from FedEx Field. I dont think it superstition but It's just strange.

I cannot confirm or deny anything that I may or may not do before or during game time. Additionally, I cannot discuss any rituals I may or may not have, as those revelations may or may not diminish the power of the rituals I may or may not possess. In no way is this an indication that I am or am not superstitious.

Double talk -- Gotta love it.

I wear my Taylor rookie jersey (#36) over a redskins t-shirt.

I'm also trying to convince my wife that I need a bit of umm, oral pleasure on gamedays for luck. I tell her she needs to take one for the team. It's kind of a ritual.

She says she's not as big a fan as I am. :(

But I swear that's the reason we were 3-0. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey we need you to cross 'em on the right too if you're not using it.

We need all the help we can get to win out!:cool:

hah, i tried that once. you know what happened? portis burned the packers for what would have been the game winning TD- then it gets called back on the most bogus penalty ever. my right hand will have nothing to do from here on out.

Do you believe that fans can "jinx" the Skins, that our actions play a part in the outcome of games (beyond that of the "12th man" at the stadium)??...Do you have pre-game rituals that make you feel better about the Skins chances, and do you feel nervous if for some reason you're unable to take part in that ritual? Do you ever change what you're doing during the game if it seems as if the Skins start doing well once you do?? (for instance, you leave the room, the Skins get an interception or a huge run, so you keep leaving the room whenever it seems like the Skins need a lift...lol)

Or do you think that nothing that you say or do has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the game??...

Very superstitious.

In Dallas I wore a particular outfit. I hadn't worn it to any other game I went to. So, for the Rams I found that outfit down to the socks and wore it. We won. Can NOT be a coincidence :).

Archived