Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should petition Wilbon to get Art Monk into the Hall of Fame.

mcarey032

I was just looking at who votes on the Pro Football Hall of Fame from each city and Wilbon is one of the Pro Football writers that has a vote. I think that I knew that somewhere, but I hadn't remembered until I looked at the hall of fame web page. I think that we should write Wilbon, or everytime you see him, let him know about Art Monk. It is absolutely rediculous that he is not in there already. I was also surprised to see who is on the list of rushing and receiving and passing. Alot of modern passers are on the all time list, who more than likely will not be in the hall of fame. Back to my main point. Let Michael Wilbon know that we want Monk in the Hall right NOW!

I was just looking at who votes on the Pro Football Hall of Fame from each city and Wilbon is one of the Pro Football writers that has a vote. I think that I knew that somewhere, but I hadn't remembered until I looked at the hall of fame web page. I think that we should write Wilbon, or everytime you see him, let him know about Art Monk. It is absolutely rediculous that he is not in there already. I was also surprised to see who is on the list of rushing and receiving and passing. Alot of modern passers are on the all time list, who more than likely will not be in the hall of fame. Back to my main point. Let Michael Wilbon know that we want Monk in the Hall right NOW!

This would do absolutely nothing. He is already a huge Monk fan, it's not like we have to convince him. Efforts would be better spent petitioning Peter King and Lenny P but that is a waste of time as well. :doh:

Monk won't make the HOF until he comes before the Veterans Committee. It's simply been too long on the short list, given the current opposition. He is one of the few players you see that make the very final lists that seems to encounter a consistent block of opposition.

If he had gotten drunk at a party with a Supreme Court justice and been more accessible to the media he probably would have made it in early on during his term of eligibility.

Monk won't make the HOF until he comes before the Veterans Committee. It's simply been too long on the short list, given the current opposition. He is one of the few players you see that make the very final lists that seems to encounter a consistent block of opposition.

If he had gotten drunk at a party with a Supreme Court justice and been more accessible to the media he probably would have made it in early on during his term of eligibility.

Riggins deserves to be in the HOF -- although you are right, players who draw more attention to themselves are more likely to get in.

Unfortunately, you are most likely correct. Although this year MIGHT me his best last shot before he gets to the veterans co. because of the Crackhead and his arrest.

It is also correct that Wilbon has given the most recent presentations of Art to the voters, and failed to get him elected. So he should be fired for failing to win a can't miss case.

Peter King hates black people. :silly:

Yeah well since stupid %*()*($* michael irvin got arrested, I just wonder, if he makes the hall of fame, I think that it should be moved to a prison. There is no way that Michael Irvin deserves to be in there before Art Monk. No way should it happen, but it probably will. I know all about PK. I don't even want to say his name, it sickens me so bad. He thinks that he knows everything about football and he was sitting there last year saying that the steelers were going to be in the super bowl. What a joke! At any rate, PK if you are reading this thread and post...stick it where the sun don't shine.

Archived