Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shouldn't you be allowed to sue, if you get pied/caked in the face?

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

Last night at the Celtics/Rockets game, a woman got caked in the face my a mascot. It was set up by her spouse/boyfriend. Needless to say, she was not happy. This isn't the first time this has happened, but it's the first time I can remember that the person who got caked was visibly upset.

I have no idea how you can do that to someone you like. If I were to get caked, I'd be fighting mad. But the question is, should you be allowed to sue the arena/team for harrassment or public humiliation for something like this?

If you were to get caked, you'd say it was a racist act, right?

sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I can see it both ways....the arena/team was simply following an order..how would they know what the reaction would be? but then again it could be considered assault, no matter what the intentions were.

the boyfriends a ****ing moron, what the hell was he thinking?

People need to learn how to take a joke. We have to much pride these days and react very poorly to any situation where the joke is on us. It's a pie in the face, outside of stained clothing there is very little harm done. Just laugh it off and clean yourself up. Lawsuits should be reserved for cases where you suffer real losses to health or finances.

Also it's important to note - if you get mad everyone else laughs harder.

Guest sith lord
If you were to get caked, you'd say it was a racist act, right?

sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I can see it both ways....the arena/team was simply following an order..how would they know what the reaction would be? but then again it could be considered assault, no matter what the intentions were.

the boyfriends a ****ing moron, what the hell was he thinking?

It would be racist if the game was in Boston. ;)

I have no idea why teams would agree with this. You might say I'm grasping at straws, but what if they did that to someone who was elergic to milk products? Ya never know.

Guest sith lord
People need to learn how to take a joke. We have to much pride these days and react very poorly to any situation where the joke is on us. It's a pie in the face, outside of stained clothing there is very little harm done. Just laugh it off and clean yourself up. Lawsuits should be reserved for cases where you suffer real losses to health or finances.

Also it's important to note - if you get mad everyone else laughs harder.

It's easy to say that when you're not the butt of the joke.

Guest sith lord
Yes it is. :)

Besides, if you or I go to a game, we're not going there to be made fun of by 1000's of strangers. Well, atleast I'm not.

Besides, if you or I go to a game, we're not going there to be made fun of by 1000's of strangers. Well, atleast I'm not.
What would be really good is if a persons seat number was called out to throw one of those passes for a million bucks at half time....and when they missed SPLAT! Pie right in the the kisser while standing on the field.

That would rule!

:laugh:

You are right though, when a person goes to a game they aren't going there for the pie in the face. I suspect few would pay to be the subject of a stadium full of laughter. I think that's why they keep it a secret.

Guest sith lord
I have a mental image of Sith Lord getting pied in the face as he submitted this thread :laugh:

Trust me, that would "NEVER" happen to me.

I understand your reasoning for asking this question ... but each time that I hear a question like this, I get a little bit disturbed. It seems as if our society is quick to sue someone for something. Whether it's something little ... or something deserving of the legal action - it seems like entirely too many people are out to sue.

It's ridiculous. If suing is justified (car accident where you truly are physically hurt) then it's one thing. But if you're suing because someone rear ended you and you want to get paid because you had a wee bit of neck pain, thats another.

Ask anybody who knows me. ;)

Well, since I know none of your friends, I'll have to ask you :doh:

Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Or are you a 350lbs mass of solid muscle who wears a shirt that says 'Hit me with a pie, I dare you sucka" ????

Or maybe you weare a hat that has a rearview mirror?

I dunno that's why I'm asking ;)

Guest sith lord
I understand your reasoning for asking this question ... but each time that I hear a question like this, I get a little bit disturbed. It seems as if our society is quick to sue someone for something. Whether it's something little ... or something deserving of the legal action - it seems like entirely too many people are out to sue.

It's ridiculous. If suing is justified (car accident where you truly are physically hurt) then it's one thing. But if you're suing because someone rear ended you and you want to get paid because you had a wee bit of neck pain, thats another.

You're right. They're way to many lawsuits that aren't justified. The lady that sued McDonald's because she spilled coffee on herself comes to mind. But people shouldn't be allowed to publically humiliate someone else.

If the team threw a cake in the face of someone random, yeah a possible lawsuit. Since the boyfriend set it up, not at all. It is between the two of them. Maybe she did something to him in the past and he's getting her back. If so, that's some pretty sweet revenge.

Guest sith lord
Well, since I know none of your friends, I'll have to ask you :doh:

Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Or are you a 350lbs mass of solid muscle who wears a shirt that says 'Hit me with a pie, I dare you sucka" ????

Or maybe you weare a hat that has a rearview mirror?

I dunno that's why I'm asking ;)

Remember one thing. Size never made anyone a bad arse. I'll just say this, I'm a no nonsense type of guy that wouldn't take to kindly to being humiliated. ;)

You're right. They're way to many lawsuits that aren't justified. The lady that sued McDonald's because she spilled coffee on herself comes to mind. But people shouldn't be allowed to publically humiliate someone else.

Everyone always brings up that lawsuit, but it's a bad example. The problem there was that McDonalds made the coffee incredibly, abnormally hot, and when she spilled it she got third degree burns all over her. If it was normal coffee she wouldnt have had a case.

Anyhow, back to the thread?

Archived