Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank god for Antonio Pierce and hello Skins fans!!!

GiantsFanMan

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum here. Bin trying to sign up at the Giants forum forever but I never get the confermation Email for some odd reason. So I've bin forced to sign up a another teams forum. The Cowboys forum cost money and Eagels fans are wackos, so here I am. Anyway I hope to bring a objective point of veiw to your forum. Rather then seeing everything threw pigskin eyes. Like I'm sure most of you homers do. I'll also try to be fair to the Giants, but its going to be hard to do and I make no guarantees!

So to the point now. Why did you guys let this dude go? I know the MLB you guys got now has bin ok for you fokes. Then again he has not played up to the Pro Bowl level that Antonio Pierce has. Was it for cap reasons the skins front office let AP walk, or was he like hurt alot in the past or something? I cant see why any team would let a good young MLB let him go to a division rival. I never heard of AP till last year but now the whole NFL geting to know his name!

Because for 1/5th of the money, we have a replacement who is playing great football. Our problem has been the pass rush, something AP wasnt going to change in the first place. Unless he could have played DE, it was a sound business decision. I wish him well t hough because he is a good guy. Lemar Marshall is playing great football though. The return of Arrington and Lemar playing great off sets the loss of Peirce.

I was much more upset with Pierce's separture that I was with Smoot's. What I can say, the F.O. made a mistake - they should have paid Antonio. But there was another little matter of taking a $9 million salary cap hit for Coles, so there wasn't much money left to go around after that.

But they still should have paid him.

So to the point now. Why did you guys let this dude go? I know the MLB you guys got now has bin ok for you fokes. Then again he has not played up to the Pro Bowl level that Antonio Pierce has. Was it for cap reasons the skins front office let AP walk, or was he like hurt alot in the past or something? I cant see why any team would let a good young MLB let him go to a division rival. I never heard of AP till last year but now the whole NFL geting to know his name!

AP chose to leave. The Redskins offered him a deal, from some reports, that offered the same money as the Giants although structured a bit differently. Apparently AP felt disrespected from the relatively low initial offer from the Redskins and wasn't going to re-sign. If Pierce wanted to stay, he could have done so with a similar deal he could have gotten in New York.

Lavar Arrington and Marcus Washington are our two high paid LBs. We made a fair offer to AP and he got a better one from the Giants. Good for AP and good for the Gmen. Luckily, Lamar Marshall has been a solid replacement for AP at a far cheaper price.

Greg Williams made a mistake in not making a push to keep him. He was disrespected to a point and I can't blame AP for leaving. The Giants got a very good MLB with INTELLIGENCE and it is paying dividends. He was undrafted and worked his butt off here and I hope he will make the big bucks while he deserves it. Our MLB is decent but nothing close to AP, Although Lemar may have better athletisizm he lacks the cerebral part that AP brought to the skins defense.

Why is that theres nothing negative about his post.

Welcome to the board. We always enjoy fan views from other teams it helps keep our homerism running strong :gaintsuck

Through Pigskin eyes isn't negative?

I can live with the homer comment, seeing how we are homers, though.

AP chose to leave. The Redskins offered him a deal, from some reports, that offered the same money as the Giants although structured a bit differently. Apparently AP felt disrespected from the relatively low initial offer from the Redskins and wasn't going to re-sign. If Pierce wanted to stay, he could have done so with a similar deal he could have gotten in New York.
Thats intresting, I never heard the the Skins offered AP a contract similer to the that of the Giants. Good info

Exactly, I'm sick of him crying about how the Skins screwed him. I sware I've read 30 articles regarding this very subject.

Welcome to Extremeskins,

Yeh, we probably should have kept Pierce---he should have made the pro bowl last year, but the Redskins got snubbed.

Thanks for Cornelius Griffen, I'm not sure why any team would get rid of a player like him---another skin who should have made the pro bowl last year.

:)

Welcome to Extremeskins,

Yeh, we probably should have kept Pierce---he should have made the pro bowl last year, but the Redskins got snubbed.

Thanks for Cornelius Griffen, I'm not sure why any team would get rid of a player like him---another skin who should have made the pro bowl last year.

:)

Ya Griffen was a player with great potental for the Giants. He had DE speed at DT. He just never really put it togather with the Giants. Was not really until he came to the skins that he steped his game up. Mike, Osi, and Cornelius would look mighty good today I admit lol. God I hate William Joseph!

AP only left because he felt unappreciated and disrespected by certain individuals. But, in an interview with our Kelli Johnson, he led people to believe that he will always be a Redskin in his heart. Then when asked if there was a possibility of him someday returning to the Redskins he replied "I'm a Giant right now and I'm just gonna leave it at that." Take it for what its worth.

Exactly, I'm sick of him crying about how the Skins screwed him. I sware I've read 30 articles regarding this very subject.

The thing is, we could've signed him during the season for much cheaper. I don't understand why we always decide to let our free agents test the market, we always lose. It's the same with all Washington sports. We never sign the guy during the season, when we'd get a bargain, and instead wait until the player hits the market, then we get priced out. I do agree, ultimately, with not giving him the money the Giants did, but it never should've come to that.

I live in the NY area and it pains me to see him wearing Blue.

I loved Pierce and I was sad when he left. In fact, he's making an appearance tomorrow at the mall directly across from where I work (Woodbridge, NJ). I was thinking of going over there and giving him the "business".

We cant afford to spend massive amount of money on just linebackers. Lemar Marshall is a very good MLB and Marcus Washington is a far better LB than AP. You gave us Griffin...now the anchor of our D. We gave you AP..probably the anchor of your D now. Well... :cheers:

It makes sense to come here right after Antonio's big play and try to make us feel stupid but the fact of the matter is AP wasn't worth $25 million to us with all our other concerns. Come here after your defense gives up some huge running plays and we'll be feeling pretty smart. Not rippin' on you, just the Giants. BTW...Welcome to the Board!

:gaintsuck

I think E-Dog hit the nail on the head with his comment on LC's cap hit, but all things considered AP could have stayed and would have gotten the $$ in time. So many guys seem to think the grass is greener yanno? He was a good player here and I for one don't wish him any ill, just wish he weren't playing for a division foe.

Archived