Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's With Those Uniforms?!?

stwasm

Actually, we're NOT undefeated in the white-on-white. We started wearing them in the Spurrier era against the Jets, then again against the Falcons. Then, while wearing the pasty-whites, we lost a game, which prompted us to go back to (THANK GOD!) the burgundy pants. They just look too much like practice unis.

I'd like to know if Gibbs made the call to wear the white on white....

That tells me he's still got some creativity left and that he's open to change. At first I honestly thought something was wrong with the color in the tv. Then I thought I was wathing the 49ers feed on the NFL ticket. After realizing it was the Redskins, I got pretty excited.

I always figured that if the Skins switched up UNIS for a week under Gibbs, it would be the white on whites. I love to see burgundy on burgundy for a week. I'm a die hard Skins fan but our Uniforms are past due to me. Hell I prefer the dark throw backs. Being in coaching I have Marty's Shottenheimer's perspective. I just think dark uniforms give off a different attitude. Sort of an intimidating look. I loved when the Skins wore the dark burgundy throwbacks. The burdundy of those unis are actually darker than our current unis. I wished they had pants the same color. For instance I think Denvrs Blue on Blue are sweet. The Skins current unis are dead to me.

The players voted to dress up as gays so that the Rams would be aprehensive about tackling them...

Man, I hate those stupid white on whites. Burgandy on Burgandy would be cool...but white on white makes them look like pansies.

I have never seen so many people whine and moan about wearing a white uniform. Who gives a ****, does it really matter?

The Redskins wore white jerseys w/ white pants, a few minutes ago.

I did not get to see the game because I lost the signal on my Direct TV System and did not see any highlights until NFL Prime Time.

Did the say why Coach Gibbs decided to break out the white on white uniforms? :whoknows:

DSC_0006sprinsgPG.jpg

Thanks for putting that one out there I had the same question on the Burgundy and Burgundy thread, afew minutes ago.

White on White: (1 and 0 this year), Red shirt and white pants (0 and 1), White shirt and red pants (5 and 5). Conclusion? As long as we are wearing a white shirt, we win more than we lose. Also, I have heard quotes from quarterbacks saying it is easier seeing receivers wearing white versus dark jerseys.

Always wanted us to run white on white, going way back to Gibbs I when we'd wear them in those televised scrimmages against Pittsburgh prior to the first preseason game.

Liked it then, like it now.

What I do NOT like, however, is the mental image of burgundy on burgundy. The all--dark look to me has always screamed of XFL and college ball. Here's hoping we break out the whites 2-3 times a year, without ever succumbing to the temptation to go all dark. Shudder. :)

White on White: (1 and 0 this year), Red shirt and white pants (0 and 1), White shirt and red pants (5 and 5). Conclusion? As long as we are wearing a white shirt, we win more than we lose. Also, I have heard quotes from quarterbacks saying it is easier seeing receivers wearing white versus dark jerseys.

If that quote is relevant then we should be able to look at stats and see teams have better passing stats on average when wearing white shirts.

Granted it's only one game, but it didn't look like Brunell was sharper yesterday than in other days (but I'm not accounting for the other white shirt games or the lone red shirt game).

Archived