Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Restaurant recommendations

Spaceman Spiff

Cajun? Still lookin for a good place...

I don't know any Cajun restaurants. There used to be Copeland's (my namesake restaurant) but that was a mediocre chain. I looked up a couple (see below) but I haven't been to them so I can't tell you if they're any good.

Lex Cajun Grill: Cajun

2608 Connecticut Ave., NW

Woodley Park

(202) 745-0015

Louisiana Express: Cajun

4921 Bethesda Ave.

Bethesda

(301) 652-6945

Okra's Louisiana Bistro: American/Cajun/Southern

9110 Center St.

Manassas

(703) 330-2729

That's even beyond recommending. If you want to do something special for the love of your life, the Old Angler's Inn is the place.

a) Go on a romantic hike in Great Falls during a georgous spring day

B) Come back to the Inn for the best 5 course meal you will ever have

c) Retire to the lounge, next to the fire, for after dinner treats

d) Go up to the room and :censored:

You significant other will worship the ground you walk on after that. Especially if you paid for it all!

That's where I proposed to my wife. :)

That's even beyond recommending. If you want to do something special for the love of your life, the Old Angler's Inn is the place.

a) Go on a romantic hike in Great Falls during a georgous spring day

B) Come back to the Inn for the best 5 course meal you will ever have

c) Retire to the lounge, next to the fire, for after dinner treats

d) Go up to the room and :censored:

You significant other will worship the ground you walk on after that. Especially if you paid for it all!

now THAT sounds nice.

Hmmm...I did leave off a couple.

For Chinese, try the Peking Gourmet Inn in Bailey's Crossroads.

For Sushi, there are probably a few, but Sushi-Ko in DC is good.

For Peruvian, I go to La Granja de Oro (mostly because it is close to my house, but it is still pretty good - gotta get the ceviche and anticuchos de corazon)

To me most Mexican/El Salvadoran restaurants are interchangeable, so don't ask me about those.

Yum...I have been meaning to go there for some time...

It's pretty good ....

Interesting cuisine - but - if I were to spend that much $$$ on dinner, I would rather spend it somewhere else.

I'm pretty fortunate that I get to have business dinners on a fairly regular basis throughout the month ... and vendors pay for meals. :D

If your in arlington and like steak and cheese subs, try a place called "The Broiler" its on columbia pike between george mason drive and glebe road........ok ok im partial to the place because my father owns it LOL but we use REAL rib eye steak instead of that jerrys subs steak-ums crap.

And my overall most favorite place to eat is....

Ruths Chris - everything on the menu is superb!! They have them all over the place, Baltimore, Nova, DC, Annapolis..nothing beats a Ruths Chris steak!

Haven't seen any Thai places listed; but on of the best Thai food places I've found in the NoVA area is on the corner of Glebe Road and Pershing in Arlington. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but its a total hole-in-the-wall place that you would probably avoid if you didn't know any better.

Their pad-thai and Tom-kai-guy are amazing. I love that place and can't wait to eat there when I get back to the area! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :hungry:

It's pretty good ....

Interesting cuisine - but - if I were to spend that much $$$ on dinner, I would rather spend it somewhere else.

I'm pretty fortunate that I get to have business dinners on a fairly regular basis throughout the month ... and vendors pay for meals. :D

Well, the same folks own/run Acadania. Why don't you get your vendors to take you and let me know how it is....

Haven't seen any Thai places listed; but on of the best Thai food places I've found in the NoVA area is on the corner of Glebe Road and Pershing in Arlington. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but its a total hole-in-the-wall place that you would probably avoid if you didn't know any better.

Their pad-thai and Tom-kai-guy are amazing. I love that place and can't wait to eat there when I get back to the area! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :hungry:

Duangrats in Baileys Crossroads has good Thai as does Crystal Thai in Arlington.

Archived