Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A clean cut Poll on Lavar

jerrarde

It's really not that clean cut at all.

If you are talking about today, should he be cut - then it's a ridiculous question. Even if he wasn't making any meaningful contribution and was back to his disruptive self, you wouldn't cut the guy. His remaining bonus money would be accelerated against the cap and we'd be forced to let a bunch of other players go. Nor can you can you trade him because the deadline has passed and for the same reasons above - cap ramifications still apply.

Once the offseason is here, it becomes a valid question. And it's not necessarily "Are we better off with him on the field. Case closed." His production and future production has to be measured against what would be an astronomical salary since "his future" depends on the execution of the second part of the contract. The staff has to also consider his tendency to become disgruntled and start blaming everyone for everything. Has he finally matured? If not, is that part of the Lavar package something the staff can deal with i.e. are they willing to pay the price of Lavar in addition to his salary?

Perhaps it becomes another Coles situation where you have a player who you don't want but holds some value and you'd rather not cut him loose.

Personally, I think the money vs. the production is extremely out of whack. I'm pretty sure the coaches will agree with me this offseason and send Lavar on his way. So unless a miracle happens and he takes a pay cut, we're watching LA's final games.

Let's take names of people who say Lavar is still on his way out? I mean when do people finally get it?

As if you haven't been spending 24 hours/day trying to keep track anyway. :)

Be my guest. Save this thread. I'll be the first name on the list. If I am wrong I will admit it, like I always have. But I won't be wrong. In fact, I'm so sure that I'd be willing to put money on the fact that Lavar won't be here in 2006. Any takers?

Lavar's not fumbling the ball or getting penalized. Leave him alone for the LOVE OF GOD.

BTW- :mad: This poll sickens me. 5-5 and people here are ushering valuable guys out the door. What a joke of a fanbase. Suck it up and play with the cards we were dealt.

Lavar's not fumbling the ball or getting penalized. Leave him alone for the LOVE OF GOD.

BTW- :mad: This poll sickens me. 5-5 and people here are ushering valuable guys out the door. What a joke of a fanbase. Suck it up and play with the cards we were dealt.

Actually almost 90% of the people aren't ushering him out the door. Does that make you feel better?

anyone who thinks he should go is just flat out wrong, and Im hating all the negative threads about him. Sure, cap space and high draft value for him, whatever, but its not worth it to lose a team leader and someone that oriented for this team (look to that interview he did a few weeks ago).

Amen - I assume you are talking about the interview on Sunday countdown. How many Pro Bowlers do you know who would have reacted the way he did to sitting the bench when healthy? He said evidently he hadn't shown the coaching staff enough yet to earn their trust and he was gonna work to change that. Are you kidding me? This kind of attitude from a playmaker like Lavar is almost impossible to find. He is a team-player with superstar ability. He is the LAST person we need to cut ties with.:dallasuck

Jansen specifically labelled him a leader on the 'skins. We need to keep him. Even when I was frustrated as hell with his singing to the media, I never doubted his physical skills or his leadership ability. As long as he stays positive and doesn't run to the media everytime he doesn't agree with something, I want him to stay. He can be a game breaker.

there will always be haters... why cant we just support the team... lavar and the rest of the team are team players...

what is a FAN? a fan is a fanatic, im a fanatic for the redskins, im a fan of lavar, taylor, washington, moss and portis as well.

And we have a winner! :applause:

Yet another Lavar question that has nothing but opinionated answers. You guys arguing back and forth are wasting your time, again EVERYBODY is right all these arguments are nothing but attempts to defend your stance on this topic, and in case everyone hasn't noticed nobody is budging from their position.

We're on page 3, this same redundant argument will be happening 3 pages from now, or on another Lavar thread that will stretch 5 pages of "he's great, no he isn't."

What the heck is the point of making a poll or keeping track of names, at the playground during recess are you going to tell me, I told you so, are the Lavar supporters going to take this list and request Lavar detractors be banned. Or are the persons on said list to walk the streets with a burgundy L on their chest to show shame for their football sins.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

If Lavar wants to show he really wants to be a Redskin, he needs to take a pay cut. Any star player who really wants to win must realize that their salary has to be reasonable (ie. Tom Brady). It would be a terrible loss to see him go, but no one defensive player is worth that much money. I've seen alot of improvement in Lavar this season as he is staying at home much more and only unleashing his Lavar Fury when he should. One of my biggest criticisms with him has been that he has a tendency to over pursue. Now that he is Finally FINALLY getting better field awareness, he seems poised to be a phenomenal player. I just hope he realizes that he'll have to make a slightly less astronomical salary if he wants this team to get to the next level.

Keep him! Waaay too many people with #56 jersyes would be pissed!

Archived